All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's mad to me that we're 3 months away and we still don't really officially know who all the villains are in this...

Star Trek doesn't officially know the one (at least that is advertised) villain and that comes out a month earlier.

The distributor of this trailer is Warner Home Video Ltd. For the full trailer back in December, it was Warner Brothers Entertainment UK Ltd

It is more about how many react to this being in anyway similar to Donner's film/s. MoS was being touted as something completely brand new, that wouldn't touch the same material.

It would be impossible to not use the same materials at all because both Donner and Snyder are taking from the comics.

What Snyder and others said was that it's a new beginning that didn't reference or continue past tellings. The approach is new and the storyline is a new continuity. It's still Superman so of course some of the material is the same. They never said it would be completely different/brand new. In fact, they said it would still be recognizable as Superman and have the same core essence that he always had.

May not be a true trailer. The comment on the site says

"The version of this work detailed above is rated by the BBFC under the Video Recordings Act 1984 for use on any Packaged Media format (including DVD, Blu-ray and VHS). This classification may also be used when the same work is made available on Digital Video Platforms (including Video On Demand) provided that the platform is licenced to use BBFC ratings."

Might just be a teaser to be included on VoD services or something. Or it may be included with "Superman: Unbound"

I don't know much about the BBFC ratings, stumbled upon this while looking through their ratings guide for some info.

That's what it probably is. A teaser, or maybe THE teaser that will be included with a Blu-Ray/DVD. Probably with Superman: Unbound like you mentioned. Don't expect any action with the U rating (same with the first
teaser). It even says "Distributor: Warner Home Video Ltd".

It would be impossible to not use the same materials at all because both Donner and Snyder are taking from the comics.

What Snyder and others said was that it's a new beginning that didn't reference or continue past tellings. The approach is new and the storyline is a new continuity. It's still Superman so of course some of the material is the same.

That it is a origin and has Zod is very specific to the first two films. How are we acting like this isn't the case?

Also more talking fan reaction.

That it is a origin and has Zod is very specific to the first two films. How are we acting like this isn't the case?

Nolan used Alfred in Batman origins does that mean he's copying Burton?

Have you seen the movie? We don't know how different things will play out yet or how different Zod is this time around.

Also more talking fan reaction.

I think because some are considering it a negative against the film, if one were to get on board with the fact there are very obvious similarities.

It wasn't a must that the origin story feature, three Kryptonian villians invading a small town that Superman has to stop. Sure it's not EXACT, but to act like it isn't there at all is incorrect.

Nolan used Alfred in Batman origins does that mean he's copying Burton?

Have you seen the movie? We don't know how different things will play out yet or how different Zod is this time around.

And this is the exact stuff I am talking about. Being difficult to be difficult.

First, Batman '89 wasn't a proper origin. Second, bringing up Alfred is ridiculous. He isn't a villain and is obviously a staple of any Batman film. Zod is very specific. Very specific. Third, fine Batman Begins has some similarities to '89. I haven no problem in admitting that. I don't see it as a problem.

I think because some are considering it a negative against the film, if one were to get on board with the fact there are very obvious similarities.

It wasn't a must that the origin story feature, three Kryptonian villians invading a small town that Superman has to stop. Sure it's not EXACT, but to act like it isn't there at all is incorrect.

You are better at this then me.

I dunno, fanboii, that's a very strange comparison.

I dunno, fanboii, that's a very strange comparison.

Not if you look at Zod as part of the origin.

If you're going to start the story in Krypton, then Zod is there.

I don't see the big deal with Zod and co. being in the film. Ledger's Joker wasn't the first on-screen Joker and certainly won't be the last.

I don't see the big deal with Zod and co. being in the film. Ledger's Joker wasn't the first on-screen Joker and certainly won't be the last.

It isn't a problem. It is simply the lack of acknowledgment do to wanting to dissociate with anything that came before this film. It would be like if someone went around saying this isn't a Superman film. Why? Because they say it isn't.

Last edited:
Did Donner really invent the story? I would be surprised if it wasn't in the comics first.

The template for the story was obviously from the DC comics. However it's all Donner who crafted and created Superman The Movie. It was his touch that made the movie what it was and him by serendipity got Christopher Reeve who gave the titular character such a larger than life screen presence. Just think about what the original man that the Salkind had in mind for this, Guy Hamilton would have done. Hamilton was known mostly for making James Bond films, his last being "The Man with the Golden Gun" couple of years before filming began on Superman. Fortunately, the British taxman kept him away from filming in the UK. So Donner came on board, along with writers Tom Mankiewicz, David & Leslie Newman, they discarded Mario Puzo's 500 pages script and retooled it. By most account, Puzo's script was horrible. lol.

It isn't a problem. It is simply the lack of acknowledgment. It would be like if someone went around saying this isn't a Superman film. Why? Because they say it isn't.

Yeah, well it kinda is S:TM and SII combined. How many similarities exist between the two remains to be seen but the basic components are there, no doubt about it.

I would agree with this. Although you can use similar story elements without being a nostalgia piece. I mean Superman Returns was clearly trying remind people of the Donner films. Even going as far as reusing lines.

New "Man of Steel" teaser has been rated.

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/man-steel

MAN OF STEEL

TYPE Trailer

APPROVED RUNNING TIME 1m 23s

DIRECTORS Zack Snyder

CUT This work was passed uncut.

Classified date(s) 11/03/2013

Seems to be a teaser for a trailer. Probably similar to the Star Trek Into Darkness teaser

wu4g.jpg

So....new trailer/teaser when?

I think 2 weeks maximum, the 2nd trailer (December 14) was rated in December 6

It can't be the same original teaser, as it was 1:28, this one is 1:23

It's most likely the old teaser simply on some new Warners video release. New trailer next month...probably. :cwink:

You just love to sink my hopeful ships don't ya?lol

Me: New Photos?

You: Not until Friday

Me: New Trailer?

You: Not until April

I see a pattern here..lol

I would agree with this. Although you can use similar story elements without being a nostalgia piece. I mean Superman Returns was clearly trying remind people of the Donner films. Even going as far as reusing lines.

Oh absolutely. I'm not saying it is an exact remake, but there is too much there to just ignore it. That's all I'm saying; and again, it doesn't mean the movie is bad because of it.

You just love to sink my hopeful ships don't ya?lol

Me: New Photos?

You: Not until Friday

Me: New Trailer?

You: Not until April

I see a pattern here..lol

It's for your own good, trust me. Im here to help. :up::cool:

It can't be the same original teaser, as it was 1:28, this one is 1:23

Take away the green intro and it fits. :woot: Well, in any case, I bet it's nothing new or if it is, it's not at all exciting. :yay:

And this is the exact stuff I am talking about. Being difficult to be difficult.

First, Batman '89 wasn't a proper origin. Second, bringing up Alfred is ridiculous. He isn't a villain and is obviously a staple of any Batman film. Zod is very specific. Very specific. Third, fine Batman Begins has some similarities to '89. I haven no problem in admitting that. I don't see it as a problem.

You are better at this then me.

You're doing fine.

It's not a big deal necessarily, it's just there.

It isn't a problem. It is simply the lack of acknowledgment do to wanting to dissociate with anything that came before this film. It would be like if someone went around saying this isn't a Superman film. Why? Because they say it isn't.

Yes.

Yeah, well it kinda is S:TM and SII combined. How many similarities exist between the two remains to be seen but the basic components are there, no doubt about it.

It's the skeleton of the film. The backbone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"