All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have faith in Snyder.
But he says that they proceded as if there never were any previous Superman films ,
And yet he is using very recognizable elements from previous Superman films.
Not a criticism,just an observation.

Any similarities I see so far is nothing that would be considered crazy coincidence if let's say the filmmakers didn't know anything about past Superman films. I'd say that passes the test for me.

I don't see why they would pass on a few story elements that fits their version just because it's been used before.

Was just gonna say regarding the whole teaser business, the official teaser (one with Jonathan Kent) was already on the Dark Knight Returns Part 2 Blu ray so I wonder if the rating is for the UK release of TDKR P2.

Also of course using the same characters and origin gives it similarities to the first two Donner Movies. Can't dispute that but it doesn't look the same at all, it's more like the Dark Knight to Batman '89.

I understand that some people will refuse to associate MoS to the previous films. I also know that some people will refuse to dissociate the two :)

Personally, I don't think that Zod's presence is alone enough to make such a link.

The last time I checked, Zod was wearing a silly disco outfit and came to earth in a ridiculous flying piece of glass in the donnerverse.
In MOS he wearing armor and a suit like superman, while coming to earth and a spaceship.Big difference.We get a war on krypton, Armor, weapons, we get Jor-El vs Zod.

The last time I checked, Zod was wearing a silly disco outfit and came to earth in a ridiculous flying piece of glass in the donnerverse.
In MOS he wearing armor and a suit like superman, while coming to earth and a spaceship.Big difference.We get a war on krypton, Armor, weapons, we get Jor-El vs Zod.

Disco outfit haha I always thought it looked like it was made from black bin bags :p its funny cause I love Zod and Co in the first two Superman films but even as a kid I found their outfits ridiculous.

In regards to the recently classified trailer on that UK classifications site, it's probably for the upcoming The Hobbit dvd/blu-ray release, probably the teaser attached since it has the LOTR music and all. :cwink:

Anyway I predict we only got about a month of not much news left. I expect a trailer, poster, EW cover next month and TV spots, character posters, new stills, banners and so on to start rolling out in mid-May. And I expect the review embargo to be lifted early on in June. Why not lift it and spread the good word before the movie comes out, if it's really that good? :yay:

In regards to the recently classified trailer on that UK classifications site, it's probably for the upcoming The Hobbit dvd/blu-ray release, probably the teaser attached since it has the LOTR music and all. :cwink:

Anyway I predict we only got about a month of not much news left. I expect a trailer, poster, EW cover next month and TV spots, character posters, new stills, banners and so on to start rolling out in mid-May. And I expect the review embargo to be lifted early on in June. Why not lift it and spread the good word before the movie comes out, if it's really that good? :yay:

Amen and amenah! To all of that ! :up::up::up:

Can't wait for the scans on Friday (and can't believe there is not a single Superman fan who is a Total Film subscriber and would scan it before...) Supposedly there is also a Michael Shannon interview in the article. Probably the small box like with Amy Adams. Surprised there is no still of Zod though...Or maybe there is? Probably the old one. And hopefully the content of the article is enough to chew on for a few days. :oldrazz:

mos facebook was right, good to see march media.

You said that already. You promoting them or something? And people here have been expecting things in March for a while. So....your point? :dry:

p.s. I still remember the deal an administrator here gave you. If Meloni doesn't turn out to be Lex in MOS, you're banned for life. :woot:

maybe eyes deceivig me but in different version of photo she looks like she has hosiery on and in others she don't. doesnt matter but funny lol

wvrhx3.jpg

130311-TotalFilm205.jpg

btw i reposted a similar comment because my browser didn't show the first post. my fault friend

i never said the pic was from movie set :confused: anyways if it is just hinted in first movie and lex/meloni is not revealed technically till sequel and the admin messes with me, he will be forced to quit. :p btw a deal takes two people, admin was being out of line. who was the admin anyways? if he still works here i'd like to see him throw his weight on me again lol. it's funny. peace

ah ok. it was c lee. let's see him come in here with his cowboy boots and push me around. watch out for the sheriff lol

Just for the record how long were the teasers?

Probably because the media tidbits are "more of the same"
kinda MoS's thing

I don't mind but i get the frustration/confusion.

How's about him in the midst of tossing a car or using one of his other 30 powers. Maybe a look at Krypton or even the Daily Planet.
WB is playing this one hella close to their chest and it's grating.

Im guessing those kind of stills will come next month, after the trailer, which I really hope delivers on the goods. There are still a few magazine spreads to be had. Empire usually always has two covers for such big films and EW is yet to have a MOS issue. But then again, I find most movie stills to be lackluster. They're stills after all. :oldrazz:

Just for the record how long were the teasers?

1:34. 1:29 if you count without the green intro. And 1:24 without the outro credits. I think (saying the numbers by memory here).

maybe eyes deceivig me but in different version of photo she looks like she has hosiery on and in others she don't. doesnt matter but funny lol

wvrhx3.jpg

130311-TotalFilm205.jpg

You ever heard of Photoshop? That first pic is clearly manipulated. Her face is PALE white and legs very tanned. I wouldn't put it past you to have done that manipulation yourself. FYI...this is the first time I've seen the photo of her with tanned legs...so as I said, you probably did it

You ever heard of Photoshop? That first pic is clearly manipulated. Her face is PALE white and legs very tanned. I wouldn't put it past you to have done that manipulation yourself. FYI...this is the first time I've seen the photo of her with tanned legs...so as I said, you probably did it

Not only that, but someone used the 'clone' tool for the background.

I don't know why people think Meloni will be Lex. It doesn't even make sense to me, why would he be called something else? Just doesn't seem to be a reason that he would hide his true identity. Also people really do expect a twist simply because Nolan is involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"