All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the MOS promotion will really 'kick off' in May after IM3 (which will dominate the airwaves and billboards in April).

I really think it's going to really ramp up here in the next 3 weeks. I'd even be willing to bet that we get our first TV spot at the end of April. With Cavill being in Tokyo next week, even though it's a one stop promotion, I expect to have at least a few new posters by the end of next week. I mean, surely to goodness they aren't going to Japan empty handed. They HAVE to have some sort of new promotional material.

I dont think this is Clark.I believe it is a random kid who has seen Superman and became a fan.As we know,Clark takes the suit at grown age.How did he know from child that he will had a red cape?i am sure that this is just a admirer not Clark.

There would be something kind of cool about Clark just instinctively putting on a cape to play hero.

I can picture it:

Clark is just running around the field. Playing like any other kid. Pa walks up wiping the grease off his hands from the old tractor he had been working on. He leans up against a fence post, just watching. Finally...

PA KENT
Hey Clark. What are you doing?

CLARK
(still running around)
I'm pretending.

PA
Oh yeah?

CLARK
Yup. I'm saving people. From fires and stuff.

Pa smiles to himself. Then...

PA
What's with the towel?

Clark stops, and looks at his father, puzzled.

CLARK
Hu?

He looks down and remembers that he has a towel tied around his neck.

CLARK
Oh. It's a cape.

PA
A cape? Why a cape?

Clark thinks for a second. Then shrugs.

CLARK
I dunno.

He smiles, and starts running around again, laughing.
I guess it could be hinted that Clark subconsciously remembers Jor El (who wore a cape) saving him, and just instinctively felt the need to put on a cape when playing hero.

I don't really think they'll do that, but it could work.

Knights and Victorian royalty wore capes. It's not only associated with Superman. Shuster and Siegel got the idea from somewhere. I'm sure young kids 100+ years back ran about in long capes and robes playing pretending too.

I really think it's going to really ramp up here in the next 3 weeks. I'd even be willing to bet that we get our first TV spot at the end of April. With Cavill being in Tokyo next week, even though it's a one stop promotion, I expect to have at least a few new posters by the end of next week. I mean, surely to goodness they aren't going to Japan empty handed. They HAVE to have some sort of new promotional material.
Is it a promotional stop though? I thought people here dubunked that it was just a holiday with Gina.

lol GREAT, KICK off major marketing for a film that really needs buzz first off from the get go but do it instead a month before release LOL.

I swear I think WB want to shoot themselves in the foot with this...

Knights and Victorian royalty wore capes. It's not only associated with Superman. Shuster and Siegel got the idea from somewhere. I'm sure young kids 100+ years back ran about in long capes and robes playing pretending too.

One of Snyder's influences for Krypton, I believe.

lol GREAT, KICK off major marketing for a film that really needs buzz first off from the get go but do it instead a month before release LOL.

lol.

Right, but that kid isn't going around playing Knights or pretending to be a king. The idea is that the kid is playing "Superman". If that kid is Clark, he's doing it with no idea of its significance. Plenty of kids play police or fireman, saving imaginary people from danger, but they don't wear capes. For some unknown reason, young Clark decides to put on a cape when he's playing. Somehow, he associates the cape with saving people. It's that association that is the breakthrough. I just think it could be an interesting theme to explore.

With all the blue in his costume people are just gonna get it confused with Avatar anyway lolamirite?

Maybe, the kid (young CK) is a fan of "Smallville Spartans" team ?

So, he decided to know more about the ancient Greek (Spartan) Warriors and then decides to play posing as one of them.

iw3fj7.jpg

Maybe, the kid (young CK) is a fan of "Smallville Spartans" team ?

So, he decided to know more about the ancient Greek (Spartan) Warriors and then decides to play posing as one of them.

Maybe he saw 300. :word:

The trailer has already been approved for over a week or so now.
Trailer will probably be releasing early April (which is next week) or with IM3 at the latest.

Take your negativity somewhere else. It's pretty obvious that YOU don't want the movie to succeed. Can't stand people like you!

For me, i don't care about the character posters. The only thing that is freaking me out right now is that i need to here some tunes of the soundtrack! I really hope Zimmer does something spectacular, Superman-ish, steel-ish. I want drums and horns!

I got the man of steel shirt !:)

Me too!

on another note about the kid playing in the trailer with the cape on....I would assume that in this movie there is a such thing as comic books and they have costumed characters in them and IF that is a young Clark maybe he is emulating his favorite comic book superhero....just a thought

The trailer has already been approved for over a week or so now.
Trailer will probably be releasing early April (which is next week) or with IM3 at the latest.
You best not be lying.

yeah when people keep saying to expect this or that soon I usually think they are full of crap

Take your negativity somewhere else. It's pretty obvious that YOU don't want the movie to succeed. Can't stand people like you!
Well said. This is a forum for positively gushing only. Any attempts at criticism (and automatically therefore, a declaration of the hidden agenda of the ultimate failure of the film) is not welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"