All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those people complaining about MOS's lack of marketing, I say the following:-

Iron Man 3, and Star Trek Into Darkness.

OR to put it another way, the return of one of the stars from last years most successful film, and a highly anticipated follow up to a successful reboot of a franchise. Oh and it's also being directed by a film maker about to make ANOTHER big film that has been anticipated for over 30 years.

Oh and just one other thing. Both films come out in May. MOS comes out in the middle of June, 6 weeks later.

Hmm, what to do? Do you try big marketing as much as two films that come out 6 weeks beforehand, to INTENSE anticipation (that have been there since the films were announced?)

OR do you wait until the hype for both films has gone into overdrive, and slowly start your marketing as a breath of fresh air? THEN with your 6 weeks where people have seen these films and your film (MOS) coming out, you REALLY push the marketing, so it will have maximum impact?

Gee, I guess WB have totally the wrong idea, and we should be in high levels of marketing 3 MONTHS early?

but yeah, i agree with everything that you have said, except with the "human" approach to Superman. I dont want to see another watered down version of superman who's filled with angst and uneasiness.

That's not the human approach. That's the angst approach.

But why do they need to show ALL of their cards now, when the movie is still 2 months, three weeks away? The marketing blitz is going to start VERY soon and when it does, it's going to be everywhere. I'm pretty sure they know what they are doing. If you or anyone else think they can do better, PLEASE apply. Apparently, many people seem to be marketing geniuses around here. I just don't understand why you are working 3 jobs when you could be doing so much better with WB. Good grief, get a grip will ya?! The trailer, TV Spots, posters, screencaps and all that jazz WILL start soon. Sometimes I wish it was like the old days when the internet didn't exist and we barely knew that a movie was coming out a month before it's release.
I'm with you.When the posters and things start dropping, the crybabies around here won't be nowhere to be found.

Doubtful. We got a couple pictures last week and they're already complaining about the lack of new material. I can understand their frustrations, but it's hard to sympathize with them when it only takes them a week to start whining again..

I'm with you.When the posters and things start dropping, the crybabies around here won't be nowhere to be found.

Double negative... according to you the "crybabies" will still be around.

I'm talking about when the marketing really gets going.

When does the wolverine trailer drop?

Last edited:
By the way, there may be crybabies around here, but don't confuse what may be valid critiques of WB's marketing strategy for "whining." I've made several such critiques, and my life gets on just fine without MOS. WB doesn't owe us anything, sure. And the GA doesn't owe WB anything if they aren't hooked.

Just sayin'.

what about the ones whining about the ones whining about the other whiners?? What will happen to them?

seeing that i dont have cable, im not going to be seeing all of this supposed promotion. and maybe thats a good thing for me. the less i see the better i guess, since i dont want to spoil my experience, like i did SR

seeing that i dont have cable, im not going to be seeing all of this supposed promotion. and maybe thats a good thing for me. the less i see the better i guess, since i dont want to spoil my experience, like i did SR

I don't have cable either... but I'm sure it all will be everywhere on the internets.

By the way, there may be crybabies around here, but don't confuse what may be valid critiques of WB's marketing strategy for "whining."

Oh, don't worry, I'm not. I've heard several legitimate criticisms about the marketing that I have (at times) agreed with. But I wouldn't call complaining about the lack of new material when new material was given to you not even two weeks ago legitimate criticism. Rather, I'd call it being impatient and ungrateful.

Just sayin'. :cwink:

The Walking Dead finale is next Sunday...just sayin'. :cwink:

You're thinking something MOS-related will be released for that finale?

I wonder if they will show something during The Final Four....gotta love March Madness!

Dude, you can conceivably see everything you see on cable on the internet. Especially if you are without any scruples whatsoever, like me.

Dude, you can conceivably see everything you see on cable on the internet. Especially if you are without any scruples whatsoever, like me.

well, to an extent, at least, but either way, i think i'm going to stay away from the tv spots and such. the less i know, the better... i will see the last trailer though.

You're thinking something MOS-related will be released for that finale?

Well I remember we all had discussed when the first TV spot would drop and somebody brought that up and it sounded like the most reasonable and ideal time, probably more so since there's MOS panel at WonderCon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"