All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Pacific Rim is going to be a massive hit overseas but I'm still unsure of it's domestic prospects.

Pacific Rim looks awful to me in the trailers, but part of me still wants to see it because of Del Toro.

Pacific Rim either does OK or outright terrible here. Not feeling it.

I'm not feeling it either guys, I didn't like the trailer much. I'm going to see it for the same reason I saw Oz, director loyalty.

(I liked Oz BTW)

Thing is, there is not much noise being made for this movie, even with the trailer online. Hope the same doesn't happen with supes.

I love the concept and idea of Pacific Rim and I'm a Del Toro fan, so it's a given I'm gonna see that one. But yeah, the first trailer for it didn't impress me that much. Expected more, especially visually.

I'm not feeling Pacific Rim either, looks cheesy to me. The speech the captain? gives that's meant to be inspiring is corny as hell.

It's obvious from the first Pacific Rim trailer that a lot is not being shown. I think the next wave of promo stuff will be great.

The music and the 'crowd participaton' makes it special

That's what is great about social networking and creating a buzz... people get hyped up for films by sharing their excitement with others. There's an energy to that. And then it makes their film experience when they and their friends see the movie all the more worthwhile and enjoyable.

TASM 2 is milking social networking for all that it is worth, releasing a little sump'n sump'n for the fans all the time. And it is working... it creates a buzz and discussion and buildup of excitement. Ignoring social networking marketing in this era, especially when such marketing costs next to nothing, is a big big mistake I think.

I think... I have a feeling... I'm sure this week... They're going to release some new............. Star Trek Into Darkness poster

What in the world looks awful? I think it looks great.

I can't get a feel for the characters, it is peppered with generic "epic" speeches, the fights don't seem much different from what you'd see in Transformers films... actually they seem a bit underwhelming in comparison. Its hard to grasp onto anything in particular that might draw me into the story.

Of course, it might be great. I'm hopeful that it will be. It just hasn't hooked me.

I saw the trailer for PR and it doesnt look good. Although it does have Charlie Day.

I can't get a feel for the characters, it is peppered with generic "epic" speeches, the fights don't seem much different from what you'd see in Transformers films... actually they seem a bit underwhelming in comparison. Its hard to grasp onto anything in particular that might draw me into the story.

Of course, it might be great. I'm hopeful that it will be. It just hasn't hooked me.

There is one speech, and it is actually well written and delivered.

Comparing the combat to Transformers seems ridiculous. There is a lot of weight and power to the Jaegers. They move very deliberately. They are walking towers. Nothing like Transformers.

That speech is beyond awful. It's funny because the the people who cut the trailer seem to think it sounds good, cool.

Just for something to talk about - anyone hoping there will be brief references to other Superman villains in MOS? Luthor is a given, but maybe a mention of Brainiac on Krypton?

Skinnamarinky dinky dink, Skinnamarinky do

Just for something to talk about - anyone hoping there will be brief references to other Superman villains in MOS? Luthor is a given, but maybe a mention of Brainiac on Krypton?

Depends on how they do it. If it isn't natural, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"