All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, that new thread smell.

man-of-steel-logo.jpg

Superman homepage saying to expect the trailer next Tues whooop!!!

The more MoS footage I get, the happier I am, but I do hate the upcoming trend of 3-minute trailers.

3 years in between movies is not an exorbitant amount of time.
its not. but i think movies like this(popular the first time) do make more money the faster they come out. if of course the sequel is good.

plus WB has no other DC movies for 2015.

True, but they may lose in the game if they just crank it out.

i am hyped for MOS. but i think i will like MOS2 more just because it will not have the origin.. haha plus maybe i get Luthor and Brainiac :)

i am hyped for MOS. but i think i will like MOS2 more just because it will not have the origin.. haha plus maybe i get Luthor and Brainiac :)

There is just no way of knowing this. I am just going to enjoy what we have now.

Fan-[insert expletive here]-tastic!

I'd like to see some crazy Shannon-Zod action. The new still of him with that face is extremely promising.

If I ever saw a live-action Brainiac in a trailer, I'd probably die from excitement and never get to see the movie. So I'm just gonna enjoy the MoS euphoria while I can. :D

its not. but i think movies like this(popular the first time) do make more money the faster they come out. if of course the sequel is good.

plus WB has no other DC movies for 2015.

Normally, I would think 2015 would be too soon/rushed, but now that I think about it, this movie has been in post-production so long that I wonder if Goyer and company have already started working on a sequel. We've been hearing since filming in 2011 that Warner Bros has been very pleased with Man of Steel. It would seem logical for them to have people already doing some pre-production work on the next one.

If I ever saw a live-action Brainiac in a trailer, I'd probably die from excitement and never get to see the movie. So I'm just gonna enjoy the MoS euphoria while I can. :D

Fingers crossed that someone on Krypton utters "The Coluan!" at some point in MoS.

The more MoS footage I get, the happier I am, but I do hate the upcoming trend of 3-minute trailers.

Well, if I think about, 3 minutes really isn't that long for a movie of the scope and size of Man of Steel. I mean, the last trailer was 2:30 and it had nothing of Krypton, basically zero dialogue from most of it's main cast and it only teased the action scenes (and not even the big ones). If you only just add 5 seconds to 6 different scenes to properly show them (Let's say Perry running from the collapsing building, the blast in Metropolis, shirtless Clark, Zod/Supes mid-air, Clark saving the bus and Meloni/Hamilton) you would have a 3 minute trailer and it still wouldn't be very revealing and wouldn't even have much dialogue or Krypton scenes.

So I think 3 minutes is about right to properly display all the basics aspects of the film and plot.

Yeah well, that's a speculation. And an old one at that as I've first said it weeks ago. But still only speculation. It might hit before, or 2 days after. You never know! :woot:

Well, if I think about, 3 minutes really isn't that long for a movie of the scope and size of Man of Steel. I mean, the last trailer was 2:30 and it had nothing of Krypton, basically zero dialogue from most of it's main cast and it only teased the action scenes (and not even the big ones). If you only just add 5 seconds to 6 different scenes to properly show them (Let's say Perry running from the collapsing building, the blast in Metropolis, shirtless Clark, Zod/Supes mid-air, Clark saving the bus and Meloni/Hamilton) you would have a 3 minute trailer and it still wouldn't be very revealing and wouldn't even have much dialogue or Krypton scenes.

So I think 3 minutes is about right to properly display all the basics aspects of the film and plot.

I was talking more about the general trend of trailer running times than MoS', though. I've seen quite a few in the last 7 days.

I was talking more about the general trend of trailer running times than MoS', though. I've seen quite a few in the last 7 days.

Shorter trailers is a relatively recent trend though. Trailers from the 70s and 80s were often over 3 minutes in length.

Damn, you're right. Thanks for reminding me.:o

Can't access the site where I watch trailers right now, but as soon as I will after work I'll get back to you. I recall 2 trailers.

Yeah well, that's a speculation. And an old one at that as I've first said it weeks ago. But still only speculation. It might hit before, or 2 days after. You never know! :woot:

Well they did put it as an update when they put the trailer length news on yesterday. They said this:

Update: Reports are that the new "Man of Steel" trailer is in front of "Oblivion" and will also be released online this Tuesday, April 16th.

They're usually on the money. But it does say “reports” so we shall see

Damn, this place is flying and I'm missing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"