All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 47

Status
Not open for further replies.
An obvious CGI Cavill double-OH HORROR! No, seriously, it's not like you are going to pause the movie to look for imperfections in theaters. Most of the FX are nice. We're just spoiled to how "hidden" the cgi was in most of the TDK trilogy. But having traditional wire effects for all the flying would be limiting.
mos-trailer-3

Only thing I don't like is the constant *****ing about CGI. CGI has been used for over 20 years and some can't stop whining about it as if it's going to go away and Hollywood is going to go back to using stop motion.

:up:

I absolutely love CGI. It has given us amazing things we would never had the chance to get without it. But maybe people wanna go back and have Supes fight like in Superman II instead of how it looks now in Man of Steel...

We are getting shots and imagery that would never have been possible without CGI. And we are getting stuff never seen before, and that in itself is damn exciting.

Unbelievable trailer simply beautiful. Music and everything is just perfect. Comic book movie of 2013 for sure.

Slightly depressed after the trailer. It's so good and points to the beginning of a new franchise, only to realize...thanks to Marvel and the Avengers, this new take on Superman will get mixed up in a shared universe that could mess it up.

Superman deserves a complete, unmitigated closed trilogy, spearheaded by a singular vision in the way Nolan did with the Batman.

Snyder looks to have delivered on chapter one. Will WB screw it up so it can be like the competition?

I love CGI, but not when it's half-assed. Don't see any of that here though.

I'm in love with Faora. Can't wait to hear her tiny voice, though I doubt she'll say much. She can scowl at me forever!

...just sayin again : Posted this 12-15-12 # 440

LOIS: So what's that "S" on your chest stand for anyway?
SUPERMAN: "S" ? (looking down) ...oh this, it's not an S,... it stands for...
LOIS: (interrupting getting a brilliant , so she thinks idea) ) ...Superman!
SUPERMAN: ...pardon...
LOIS: Superman...the Man of Steel. (dreaming of her by-line.)

So close...

Well, there's this shot, but you would only see it by PAUSING the film, which is impossible in theaters :D
badvg.jpg

Slightly depressed after the trailer. It's so good and points to the beginning of a new franchise, only to realize...thanks to Marvel and the Avengers, this new take on Superman will get mixed up in a shared universe that could mess it up.

Superman deserves a complete, unmitigated closed trilogy, spearheaded by a singular vision in the way Nolan did with the Batman.

Snyder looks to have delivered on chapter one. Will WB screw it up so it can be like the competition?

Man Of Steel 2: World's Finest

Ugh, the thought makes me wanna puke.

^ Yeah.. me too. But the sad thing is that it just might be too good for improvement :D

:up:

I absolutely love CGI. It has given us amazing things we would never had the chance to get without it. But maybe people wanna go back and have Supes fight like in Superman II instead of how it looks now in Man of Steel...

We are getting shots and imagery that would never have been possible without CGI. And we are getting stuff never seen before, and that in itself is damn exciting.
Nicely said. There are a lot of things that couldn't be done without CGI. The non CGI fight in Superman 2 does not hold up at all.

That being said CGI does hurt horror films. That is a genre where practical effects should be used 85% of the time.

What? His take off into Black Zero? What do you mean it looks really bad?

He looks like a doll there.

The CGI doesn't look any worse or any better than in any other trailer I've seen, at this stage.

Normally I would agree but they've been in post forever so I would think they should be much further along than other movies would be at this stage.

Well, there's this shot, but you would only see it by PAUSING the film, which is impossible in theaters :D
badvg.jpg

I really dont think that looks like a CGI Cavill. I think it's a shot with some heavy fx work behind, around and over him, meaning he's not as in focus as in other shots, but to me that doesn't suggest he's completely fake there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"