All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like DC better because it's more "mythological"

You have possibly given the best reason why I adore Batman and Superman so much. That "mythological" vibe both can be given and has, so far, by looking at The Dark Knight Trilogy and Man of Steel. I now only wish my third favorite DC character gets some spotlight as the "mythological" vibe could work for him too: Doctor Fate.

I've always felt Darkseid would make a good villain for Superman.

but, if they are indeed doing a JL film, then Darkseid would be a more appropriate villain for that.

I would not mind a Metallo/Lex for the sequel. Then for sure eventually and I'd prefer for the third you gotta have Brainiac.

If Metallo does indeed make it into the sequel, I think then Kryptonite will HAVE to be used. But how do you introduce it?

It'd be interesting if Hamilton is brought back for the sequel, and discovers a chunk of Kryptonite meteoroid. But it has to be established that that is the ONLY PIECE OF KRYPTONITE on Earth.

I would not mind a Metallo/Lex for the sequel. Then for sure eventually and I'd prefer for the third you gotta have Brainiac.

eww kryptonite plus terminator rip off.

Like batman and spiderman did, the sequel should go with someone really iconic. But at the same time the world wasn't tired of joker and doc ock the way they are with luthor.

I still feel Brainiac in film 2, then Doomsday / Superman Clones in film 3.

PsgYGqP.gif
oJZsgkh.gif
u0K3pEH.gif

If you want them in a smaller size, just ask. More to come.

eww kryptonite plus terminator rip off.

Like batman and spiderman did, the sequel should go with someone really iconic. But at the same time the world wasn't tired of joker and doc ock the way they are with luthor.

Yes it was a Terminator ripoff made 25 years before Terminator. They won't probably go Darkseid because everyone would see it as a Thanos ripoff. Metallo can be a great character, especially if they have Lex in there, and eventually they will.

I still feel Brainiac in film 2, then Doomsday / Superman Clones in film 3.

That's not a bad idea. I want to see a "better Lex" as a secondary character in there possibly. But you gotta have Brainiac. That is one that I just have to have.

Not me I want Brainiac to face off Supes alone.

I want Lex for film 2 also. Hint at him but save him for later.
True... most of the time it isn't, but I try to be the exception. That's what emoticons are for!

Ex: MOS > IM 3 :oldrazz:
:cmad::cmad:

:woot:

I really can't wait to hear the 5.1 LCPM audio rip of this trailer... Clean background music and dialogue. :hrt:

I don't want a JL film. I hate when solo films have to compromise themselves by setting up another film. But I guess money talks so I'm not going to get my wish.

Yes it was a Terminator ripoff made 25 years before Terminator. They won't probably go Darkseid because everyone would see it as a Thanos ripoff. Metallo can be a great character, especially if they have Lex in there, and eventually they will.

For some reason, I find this funny.

You can spin it this way:

"Yes, Darkseid is a Thanos ripoff made before Thanos. They probably won't do Metallo because everyone would see it as a Terminator ripoff".

See, we can go in circles with that kind of logic for all eternity.

In fact, Thanos is a Darkseid ripoff, but that's irrelevant. Nobody cares who came first. If they have a good story for either Metallo or Darkseid, they can include them, even change them up a little, and still have them without worrying whether or not someone will consider them a ripoff of something.

The trailer in Latin American Spanish, for the curious ones. I think Superman's voice sounds amazing, I was fearing they were gonna get the same one from SR, which sounded a bit too "old and mature" for my taste.

[YT]BddCj2i5pRw&feature=youtu.be[/YT]

The delivery of the lines in spanish doesn't pack the same "puch" and emotion as in the original one... not to mention some lines are changed (why do they keep changing the lines in other languages ¬¬)

I hope I can see this movie in its original language in here

You have possibly given the best reason why I adore Batman and Superman so much. That "mythological" vibe both can be given and has, so far, by looking at The Dark Knight Trilogy and Man of Steel. I now only wish my third favorite DC character gets some spotlight as the "mythological" vibe could work for him too: Doctor Fate.

This.

so, knowing what little we know of Kryptonian culture in MOS and that Kal-El's natural conception is considered controversial and even illegal...........

if Kara did exist in the MOS universe, do you think she too was the product of natural conception?

I believe they've already stated outright that it does explode. But I do think it's a possibility that Kal-El is sent to Earth for other reasons, like to escape a Civil War. That might be the reason Jor-El and Lara staying behind; to try and save their home world. But if they can't (and as we know, they ultimately don't) at least they made sure their son is safe.

My guess is that Kryptonian suprematist general Zod and his followers rebel against the leaders of Krypton leading to civil war.

Zod is defeated but the war caused serious damage to Krypton leaving the planet unstable and on the verge of destruction.

My guess is that Kryptonian suprematist general Zod and his followers rebel against the leaders of Krypton leading to civil war.

Zod is defeated but the war caused serious damage to Krypton leaving the planet unstable and on the verge of destruction.

Well, I have a theory that Zod doens't know Krypton is exploded, (being imprisoned in the phantom zone), and he has to hear that his home world is gone from Kal-El

wait.....did they ever confirm that Krypton does explode?

I never think about our films being dubbed overseas.

Sadly that has been the trend over the last few years

I prefer to see a movie in its original language... but many times that is not an option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"