All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres to a trilogy of Superman movies before any kind of JL!

I have been watching the heck out of the trailer, i love it to death. But there is a scene where Clark is in front of many Smallvilians and I was wondering if they know his secret.

It still angers me that this was Zack Snyder in 2011:

“It doesn’t. Like what Chris Nolan is doing and what I’m doing with Superman, what they’ll do with Justice League will be it’s own thing with it’s own Batman and own Superman. We’ll be over here with our movie...

And then Avengers came out.

Now MOS is littered with references to the shared universe, and Justice League is a 'sure thing' apparently.

I have been watching the heck out of the trailer, i love it to death. But there is a scene where Clark is in front of many Smallvilians and I was wondering if they know his secret.

He will super-kiss every single one of his town mates to make them forget. He will even kiss Christopher Meloni if he has to. :fhm:

I still don't know what it's hard to connect both The Dark Knight/Nolanverse with the MOS universe? It's simple. The events in the Batman trilogy is before Clark reveals himself to the wold. Hell, it could be right after the events in TDKR, while Bruce is sipping his damn coffee is when Clark discovers the FOS. It's all part of the "Escalation" theme from Batman Begins, with Superman arrival, more outerspace elements come into existence and becomes a threat.

I could see that the events of JL is what brings Batman from retirement................ HE WASN'T SUPPOSE TO RETIRE IN THE FIRST PLACE....... DAMN YOU NOLAN

If you still think that this Bruce Wayne shouldn't have retired (not the comic Batman, but just this interpretation), then you completely missed his character arc. Him returning now would negate his arc of finally escaping the mental barrier (symbolized by the well and the pit), moving on from the self destructive existence he has known and finally learning to live as Bruce Wayne. To finally "have a life outside this cave." And, to top it all off, he can watch the symbol he created inspire generations of Gotham to protect the city. Honestly, it's probably one of the most effective interpretations of Batman to date seeing as (from what we are led to believe), Batman creates hope and inspires generations more than Bruce beating up thugs on the streets ever could.

But back on topic, that track from the app is awesome. I can't wait to hear it in higher quality.

EDIT: And I really hope MOS gets a solid stand alone trilogy before Justice League even gets into development beyond chatter.

Why does that anger you? I'd love to see Cavill ad Supes leading the JL. And if Snyder and Goyer are involved it will be done right. I feel like I'm the only one with any faith in these guys when it comes to JL. I also think they are much further along with JL than any one on here knows, IMO.

I just don't like the idea of Superman sharing the screen with any JL character. 100% Superman or not at all.

I don't have any problem with JL. I love JL and would love one as long as its not rushed or negatively influencing my MOS. not worried though I would love references in MOS. My body is ready for the DC universe

Why does that anger you? I'd love to see Cavill ad Supes leading the JL. And if Snyder and Goyer are involved it will be done right. I feel like I'm the only one with any faith in these guys when it comes to JL. I also think they are much further along with JL than any one on here knows, IMO.
Because you can actually see the change in attitude and opinion because of another studios success. And it's not Snyders fault at all, he's just being told by WB now to sound more open about JL and allude to the fact that there's a plan in place. But the whole thing is motivated by greed.

It's just the right intentions aren't there. If someone smart like Goyer or Nolan or Snyder came to WB directly with a full idea of JL like with how MOS came about then we'd be in for something. But that's not what's going on.

It's just the right intentions aren't there. If someone smart like Goyer or Nolan or Snyder came to WB directly with a full idea of JL like with how MOS came about then we'd be in for something. But that's not what's going on.

Well is Marvel different? Whedon had to do a lot of rewriting. Marvel didn't have a clear idea either. They just wanted to make it happen so all the origin movies had to lead up to the Avengers.

It's business. You rarely are going to have purely the right artistic intentions. That doesn't necessarily mean it will reflect on the movie.

Well is Marvel different? Whedon had to do a lot of rewriting. Marvel didn't have a clear idea either. They just wanted to make it happen so all the origin movies had to lead up to the Avengers.

It's business. You rarely are going to have purely the right artistic intentions. That doesn't necessarily mean it will reflect on the movie.
They had successfully done the work to build it up towards The Avengers though. They just had to find the right director. But the vision was already in place. The hard yards had already been accomplished. Joss Whedon still had his work cut out for him but compare that to how much work WB would have to do for a JL film in 2015.

How about let's enjoy what we have right now and worry about later events later? kthxbye :yay:

Random point, but does anybody else find it weird that if you do a google image search of superman, there isn't one picture of henry cavill? Tons of Brandon Routh, Christopher Reeve, Tom Welling, Dean Cain and the comics though. Just found it a bit strange.

Routh had no career before Superman and now he gets side roles in movies and on T.V.

Ironically Superman made and destroyed his career. (He seems like a nice happy guy who can take care of his family by doing what he loves so I'm sure he isn't crying over his fate). I think that is a fair question to ask any actor who plays Supes.

It is not strange at all, MOS has not been released yet .
Cavill is not very well known at this point .

I'm right there with you...I want to see Cavill as Superman in Justice League so bad....he is the best looking Superman we've had I years. I'm very optimistic when it comes to Man of Steel. Lucky for people who want to see this happen like us it seems that we will get just that since there will be references throughout the movie

I just don't like the idea of Superman sharing the screen with any JL character. 100% Superman or not at all.

Why do you not want a Justice League movie? I think that would be awesome. And if I'm misunderstanding you somehow why do you not want Henry Cavill's Superman in a Justice League movie? I want to see him play Superman as much as possible....screw stopping after a trilogy if they can keep coming up with good stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"