All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not an obsessive nit picker about background signs, so no it doesn't bother me one bit.

From the SFX (I think) interview where they are speaking with someone about Snyders views on the suit. Basically he wanted it to have a reason for existing which is why it is like "underwear" where on Krypton its something that they put on under their battle suits. That way it wasnt just coincidental, oh look Superman needs a costume and there it just happens to exist. The suit giving him the power of flight would seem to go against the idea of it simply being underwear they all put on back on Krypton.

Can that really be called a sky scraper? Looks like a normal sized building to me.

Yeah, it took me like 10 secs to find what were you talking about. And couldn't it be just a large two store building?

Regarding him hitchhiking, there's also the added reason that not using his powers is the best way to ensure that no one will see him using his powers. If he superspeeds to the next town -especially a small town- there are bound to be questions about no one seeing him coming, or how on Earth did he walk such a distance and such. It's just one more layer of protection to his secret.

I know it just somewhat detracts from the realistic world-building. It's like 'cool cool, a comics nod' and then 'really?'.

Because it's so unrealistic to have a big Comic Store in a big city? I'm seriously asking, since I've just visited for a few days large US cities. I was pretty impressed with Toys R Us in Time Square :D

Textless version of the new poster! (1024x1514)

iYPXKIw.jpg

ChwLSKB.jpg

Does it bother anyone that there is a big 'BLAZE COMICS' sign in this shot. I get that it's a cool nod to the medium, and maybe that particular name is of significance to Snyder, like his old local comics store or something. But it feels a bit unnecessary and unrealistic. Like never is a comic book store going to have a skyscraper like that. I'm not overreacting, nor am I really annoyed at this (it's just a like 3-second shot in the film). But I dunno. It kinda detracts from it a bit.
When you see the film, it'll be the furthest thing from your mind.

But if you are thinking about it during this sequence, well, then... there's no hope for you. ;)

Really? Complaining about a background building is a thing? Dear lord is this forum trying sometimes.

Because it's so unrealistic to have a big Comic Store in a big city? I'm seriously asking, since I've just visited for a few days large US cities. I was pretty impressed with Toys R Us in Time Square :D
Kinda makes it more seem like a 'fake city' though with Snyders little easter egg in there. It's just unnecessary is all and something Snyder would find 'cool'. I think this is what Goyer means of having to have a keen eye during the film to spot all the references. But all this kind of stuff is just gonna annoy me a little bit. Ugh I can already feel the hate replies coming.

Yea I saw it too....Yiiiikes. Ben Kingley is all business

The last time an interview got that tense on the show was when Richard Branson stopped by. The only difference here is that Colbert and Kingsley didn't end their interview with them splashing water in each other's faces.

Weird. He was ever so jocular and joyful during Jonathan Ross.

That is weird. Ben wanted nothing to do with Colbert though. He almost seemed offended by Stephen's jokes.

Really? Complaining about a background building is a thing? Dear lord is this forum trying sometimes.
Like seriously? I'm not complaining. I'm just pointing it out is all. People hadn't noticed this yet. It's my problem that it bugs me a bit.

C'mon I SEE SPIDEY let's just all get along! :yay:

Kinda makes it more seem like a 'fake city' though with Snyders little easter egg in there. It's just unnecessary is all and something Snyder would find 'cool'. I think this is what Goyer means of having to have a keen eye during the film to spot all the references. But all this kind of stuff is just gonna annoy me a little bit. Ugh I can already feel the hate replies coming.

I don't know. In a world where superheroes exist -or are about to exist- I think the Comic world would be a nice business :wow:

I'm sorry it'll bother you. I'll be more than happy to exploit it in fanfiction, though :woot:

Maybe the building isn't for Blaze Comics. Maybe they purchased a billboard or ad on the building. There now you can get over it because it's now realistic. :D

Like seriously? I'm not complaining. I'm just pointing it out is all. People hadn't noticed this yet. It's my problem that it bugs me a bit.

C'mon I SEE SPIDEY let's just all get along! :yay:
Disagreeing with you on this one thing doesn't mean that we aren't getting along. I argue with my real family, surly I can argue with my Hype family as well.

I don't like that poster. Hopefully some better ones will be coming.

I now want to go to Blaze comics though.

Aye, I just want to say - keep your expectation in check! :cwink:

We do not know how the film will be paced, we do not know the exact nature of the plot (amazingly) and we do not know if Nolan/Goyer/Snyder *****ed it up.

After the average to poor reviews of IM3 (I didn't see it, and no I don't plan on seeing it - I only go to the cinema about 2 to 4 time in a year these days) and the apparent early "decent" but not spectacular reviews of Star Trek ID, MOS is bound to get some flacks.

I hate to waste my time in the cinema,unless I'm with alarge group of people on a night out.:woot:

Aye, I just want to say - keep your expectation in check! :cwink:

We do not know how the film will be paced, we do not know the exact nature of the plot (amazingly) and we do not know if Nolan/Goyer/Snyder *****ed it up.

After the average to poor reviews of IM3 (I didn't see it, and no I don't plan on seeing it - I only go to the cinema about 2 to 4 time in a year these days) and the apparent early "decent" but not spectacular reviews of Star Trek ID, MOS is bound to get some flacks.

I hate to waste my time in the cinema,unless I'm with alarge group of people on a night out.:woot:

Saw it on Tuesday, light years better than IM2 (not saying much). Not as good as Iron Man. In my opinion.

Does anyone else notice Supes eyes are brown in the new poster? :wow:

Blue dammit, BLUE!

I thought it was as good as Iron Man and agree that it was tons better than Iron Man 2.

I'm fine with critics but they don't dectate my feelings. I thought Pain and Gain was good and most critics didn't.

I'll judge Iron Man 3, Star Trek 2 and MOS on my own terms.

so, I SEE SPIDEY, you liked IM3??

was there a post credit sequence at the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"