All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya I just went and confirmed it just to be sure, I didn't doubt it but wow what another stinker, what the hell is WB doing?

It's official. Speaking of which, a dude in the Sideshow Collectors forums named IrishJedi has been talking about MOS from the "inside." I actually believe him, since he comes across as knowledgeable.
It's Zack's movie. No doubt about that at all.

I
f there's a Nolan who deserves more than the usual Producer's credit, it's actually his brother: Jonathan. He helped save the mess of a script (by David Goyer) with Zack and his team at literally the 11th hour. Unfortunately, those guys won't get their due on script credit thanks to the WGA.

But I'll tell ya, when I read Goyer's script just before production I was pretty d*** concerned. And that was the draft Chris Nolan blessed and had story input on. Thankfully, his brother and others knew it could be vastly improved... and WB backed them. But Goyer will get the credit, which is a sham... but that's how the system works.

I will say that overall this does look and feel quite different than Zack's other films. But that's also because of him. I think he has a better feel for the subject matter and Supes and just let the material flow through him instead of the other way around.

On Nolan being on set and approving an initially flawed script:
I've been involved with the production since 2 weeks before shooting began. Trust me, Christopher Nolan's input and influence since that time has been quite minimal. And I'll reiterate: the draft of the Goyer script he signed off on was pretty d*** lame. Design choices and all tech decisions were all Zack and his team, as was the much doctored shooting script (with Jonathan ghost-writing a lot of it).

You'll never hear anyone at WB or elsewhere say that officially of course. And, for obvious reasons: they're using Chris Nolan's name to help sell people on the flick. And that makes perfect sense. Plus, him signing on as Producer is what got it greenlit in the first place. No one can deny that

He's neither George Lucas on the INDY films (who shepherded the stories and was always on set) or Burton with the 3rd and 4th Batman films (who did absolutely nothing). Rather somewhere in between. He was barely on the set, if at all.
"This movie is straight from the heart. Aside from Star Wars or Batman this was a dream project for Zack. He never really said that outright, but we could tell. And it seems as if the results speak for themselves.

Oh, and I'll say it right here and now: the action sequences in this movie kick the ones on the TDK trilogy straight in the nads.

There is still some some slo-mo, though. :)"

Since the guy claimed that the design choices were totally Zack, I think we're going to see an emerging of an underrated mind. He's probably going to blow us away.

Last edited:
oJ2FF7M.jpg

Looks like Superman started this fire and looks pleased with his work lol.

Awesome.

More awesome. :D

^ It's passable. I wouldn't mind it on my wall, but I would prefer a heat vision or Supes vs Zod one. :)

That would be good as a teaser poster, the first poster...

The new poster is good. They have been really selling the iconography for the movie and rightly so, everyone sees the symbol and they exactly what movie it is. Cavill is an unknown right now, they can promote him more with the second movie. For this one though, Superman is the star.

It's official. Speaking of which, a dude in the Sideshow Collectors forums named IrishJedi has been talking about MOS from the "inside." I actually believe him, since he comes across as knowledgeable.
It's Zack's movie. No doubt about that at all.

I
f there's a Nolan who deserves more than the usual Producer's credit, it's actually his brother: Jonathan. He helped save the mess of a script (by David Goyer) with Zack and his team at literally the 11th hour. Unfortunately, those guys won't get their due on script credit thanks to the WGA.

But I'll tell ya, when I read Goyer's script just before production I was pretty d*** concerned. And that was the draft Chris Nolan blessed and had story input on. Thankfully, his brother and others knew it could be vastly improved... and WB backed them. But Goyer will get the credit, which is a sham... but that's how the system works.

I will say that overall this does look and feel quite different than Zack's other films. But that's also because of him. I think he has a better feel for the subject matter and Supes and just let the material flow through him instead of the other way around.

On Nolan being on set and approving an initially flawed script:
I've been involved with the production since 2 weeks before shooting began. Trust me, Christopher Nolan's input and influence since that time has been quite minimal. And I'll reiterate: the draft of the Goyer script he signed off on was pretty d*** lame. Design choices and all tech decisions were all Zack and his team, as was the much doctored shooting script (with Jonathan ghost-writing a lot of it).

You'll never hear anyone at WB or elsewhere say that officially of course. And, for obvious reasons: they're using Chris Nolan's name to help sell people on the flick. And that makes perfect sense. Plus, him signing on as Producer is what got it greenlit in the first place. No one can deny that

He's neither George Lucas on the INDY films (who shepherded the stories and was always on set) or Burton with the 3rd and 4th Batman films (who did absolutely nothing). Rather somewhere in between. He was barely on the set, if at all.
"This movie is straight from the heart. Aside from Star Wars or Batman this was a dream project for Zack. He never really said that outright, but we could tell. And it seems as if the results speak for themselves.

Oh, and I'll say it right here and now: the action sequences in this movie kick the ones on the TDK trilogy straight in the nads.

There is still some some slo-mo, though. :)"

Since the guy claimed that the design choices were totally Zack, I think we're going to see an emerging of an underrated mind. He's probably going to blow us away.

Even if this guy is 'legit', this info isn't shocking or surprising. Over half of the posters in here know that [blackout]Jonah Nolan saved the script from Goyer's poor writing skills.[/blackout]

Even if this guy is 'legit', this info isn't shocking or surprising. Over half of the posters in here know that [blackout]Jonah Nolan saved the script from Goyer's poor writing skills.[/blackout]

Yeah we've been talking that for what seems like over a year or more.

People really don't like the new poster? I think it's pretty sweet

I still have my doubts about Johan Nolan writing MOS. I think this is all Goyer.

Yeah...trailers and TV spots have been solid as hell. Posters. Wow.

I get that, but I actually like that one. AT least the stuff that really matters, the footage, looks excellent.

^ WB: We need something sucky.
Intern: Why?
WB: Because if something isn't flawed, this movie will be criticized with unbeatable hype, not allowing for our Justice League movie!
Intern: Why not a World's Finest flick?
WB: A what?
Intern: Nevermind
WB: We had a sucky teaser, a sucky lack of advertising for months, now we want to improve. We'll let Zack fill out his workload and give us some good trailers.
Intern: But you said..
WB: I KNOW!! SUCKY POSTERS that with shots from previous footage, with heavy grain, lens flair, and Superman doing nothing cool except flying around!
Intern: Sigh
WB: Now that we have our sucky element out of the way, we can give the fans some kewl tv spots, interviews, and images!

same, I got school work + a job that I have to balance, most of the time I'm on here and checking movie listings through my phone....its such a pain lol.

I'm in the good old city of Toronto :D......why so many people hate us....I blame on the Maple Leaves lol

Bahaha. That's alright I can tell you are the good kind of Torontonian since you can't even spell Maple Leafs right. :o

I'm from London. We should maybe see about getting a Hype Community gathering together in Toronto for a second or third viewing or something.

Yep.

Jonah, especially, fixed a messy and weak third act according to the murmurs.

You mean the guy who thought the ferry boat scene was a good idea was called upon to fix someone else's third act mess? That's funny. :oldrazz:

Thing is with posters is that tey aren't going to give you something new in a poster which is what people want. If it was something we've never seen befor even if it was cruddy more people would like it, but because we have seen that shot before its "garbage"

I guess we're just expecting something amazing considering the people designing these are actually capable of much better work.

I've seen some impressive work from people here but really they are just taking the pics of Superman that WB has released and pasting it on top of a different background and swapping heads out and stuff like that. Now iFriedrice has done some very impressive work when he had to build Superman from several different pics. All others who have done that did some great work as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"