All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ The ferry boat scene is the emotional climax of TDK, and a great setpiece. It would be better if Nolan allowed some second units to get the action right, but oh well.
The two-face confrontation "climax" bothered more, though.
And BB and TDKR have less than desirable third acts.

I've given several reasons why I doubt Johan wrote MOS.

1) Johan gave an interview to promote Person of Interest and said Superman was the one superhero he didn't understand and acted as if he couldn't grasp the character and had no affection for him. That doesn't sound like someone who wrote the script.

2)the original rumor originated form the same website that claimed Johan was going to direct the movie. Turned out not to be true.

3)Goyer, himself, said on his blog he was on set doing rewrites.

Even if this guy is 'legit', this info isn't shocking or surprising. Over half of the posters in here know that [blackout]Jonah Nolan saved the script from Goyer's poor writing skills.[/blackout]

For most that doesn't matter though. Too many people wanting to give as little credit as possible to certain people. Depending on their POV. Either Nolan and his crew did too much or not a all. Snyder did it all or was a pawn. Goyer is the king or a mess. No inbetween here.

1) Johan gave an interview to promote Person of Interest and said Superman was the one superhero he didn't understand and acted as if he couldn't grasp the character and had no affection for him. That doesn't sound like someone who wrote the script.

2)the original rumor originated form the same website that claimed Johan was going to direct the movie. Turned out not to be true.

No one said Jonah wrote the entire thing. The rumors are he helped fix some of the things Goyer screwed up in earlier drafts. Goyer did a vast majority of the heavy lifting. Just starting the script is the biggest challenge.

Didn't many people work on the MoS script? I swore I heard Kurt Johnstad worked on it.

Nothing to do with anything really. It is all about properly structuring the third act. That is what is most important. And Goyer has always shown trouble with that. It wouldn't simply be about getting the character, but about it making it a strong third act from a writing and film pov, no matter the character.

I believe Goyer was on set doing rewrites, but I also believe it was to something that was fixed by someone else.

Yeah, but gillberg confirmed it and he was an extremely reliable inside source on the Hype throughout Nolan's run with Batman. If the rumour only came from that one website, you would have a point, but credible people confirmed it. Also, doesn't it jive with what I believe Jamie said regarding not being too impressed with a draft he read.

I know about these Johan rumors. I've heard them too. Could he or someone else have rewritten the script? Of course. But until proven otherwise I'm giving the credit or the blame on Goyer. It's not fair to give it to Johan unless it's actually proven he did major rewrites and saved the script. I think it's as unfair as giving Chris Nolan credit over Snyder.

That new poster.....DVD/BLU Ray cover for sure. And I'm fine with that. Beautiful. :up:

Scripts are covertly rewritten ALL THE TIME.

Why is it out of the realm of possibility that a piece of product like Man of Steel had rewrites by other writers?

Last edited:
Scripts are covertly re written ALL THE TIME.

Why is it out of the realm of possibly that a piece of product like Man of Steel had re writes by other writers?
Because some posters like to be difficult? :cwink:

I didn't say it was impossible that other writers rewrote MOS. But I don't think it's fair to say Johan Nolan saved the script. Who knows? Maybe he did. Maybe he didn't. Maybe Kirk Johnstad did. Maybe the Mulroney's did.

But I question all these insiders because half the time they make up stuff.

Scripts are covertly re written ALL THE TIME.

Why is it out of the realm of possibly that a piece of product like Man of Steel had re writes by other writers?

Yeah, it's rather common. I don't get it why people don't believe it or have issues with it.

Because some posters like to be difficult? :cwink:
lol Oh boy do they.

I'm not calling Goyer "the worstest writer ever!" but people on here better pray for rewrites. Goyer has his good points and he also has his terrible ones. Have you seen his directorial efforts? He needs help and I'm sure he got it.

I'm not a fan of Goyer. Outside of Batman Begins, I don't like his scripts. I would feel better if someone( J. Nolan or otherwise) rewrote his script. My only point is that I don't automatically believe Johan Nolan saved it. It may have been him. It may have been someone else.

Just had another Man of Steel/NBA Playoffs TV Spot ... about 'heroes being born' ... trailer theme music ... no new scenes, just kid stuff, Jonathan voice over ... Oil Rig Fire Moment with the Falling Beam, Super Speed from the gun fire, and flying, but still cool :)

They've posted some great new photos from the MOS movie guide. They look great.

Oh my Zod these new pics are ridiculously awesome! Those shots of Cavill just scream Supes. He doesn't look like somebody playing Superman. He IS Superman!!!!

Yeah, Goyer reminds me of Orci and Kurtzman.

My ****ing Cable and internet are out so I can't watch T.V and my Phone can't even use my Wi Fi.

Thanks Time Warner, the worst Cable and internet company ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"