All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what exactly does that proove? Film nerd Jamie knows his stuff but he isn't mystic meg he can't tell whether Spidey will be a hit or not.

This. It seems like Spidey is the underdog this year tough, but I'm rooting for it. I fracking loved the trailer.

This. It seems like Spidey is the underdog this year tough, but I'm rooting for it. I fracking loved the trailer.

Definitely it looks awesome, could be this years stand out superhero film and this time last year I wasn't even slightly interested.

I liked the trailer too, but it depends if the general public cares, not if we do. People on a forum are automatically jaded towards comic book films. Obviously.

General public could eat it up or turn on it and say "been there done that."

i think what is hard is to find out the tone of the movie. it will be interesting to see how MOS will look and feel. for example the Spiderman trailer from 2011 made spiderman look like a Cronenberg horror PG13 movie. the new trailer gives us a realistic idea how it will be.
so i am wondering how will MOS feel. i think its almost impossible to describe it with words. you need to see footage.after we see what MOS is then it will be easier to talk about the box office. saying that it will make money because its Nolan and Snyder is wrong IMO.

You're right Dark B, I also think it will look completely different than what most of us are imagining. Hopefully thats a good thing, but visually I'm expecting something different from Snyder's other films.

Completely agreed.

But with MOS, just like with TASM, while we can guess at whether or not it'll have a great opening weekend based on buzz and insider sources and opinion polls or whatever other tools you want to use, no one can guess the impact of good or bad word of mouth once the movies been seen. You can't know that until you know whether the film is any good.

All a good trailer can do, is try and say 'Seriously, this IS going to be good, we promise!'

Which IMO TASM's teaser failed miserably at, but the trailer definitely achieved.

Completely agreed.

But with MOS, just like with TASM, while we can guess at whether or not it'll have a great opening weekend based on buzz and insider sources and opinion polls or whatever other tools you want to use, no one can guess the impact of good or bad word of mouth once the movies been seen. You can't know that until you know whether the film is any good.

All a good trailer can do, is try and say 'Seriously, this IS going to be good, we promise!'

Which IMO TASM's teaser failed miserably at, but the trailer definitely achieved.

I was just about to disagree with you, until I re-read what you posted and then realised what you actually said... :woot:

:hehe: What did you think I said?

The last bit, I originally thought you were saying the ASM trailer was rubbish, where in fact you were saying the teaser was a bit pants, which of course it was, whereas the trailer was bloody brilliant.

After that trailer, I can almost forgive the go-faster leg stripes..... almost. :whatever:

Nice countdown BTW.

Last edited:
Eh I thought the Spidey trailer was decent. With the exception of the silly football scene I really dug the Batman trailer but the Avengers trailers have been eh too. I'll see the film because of RDJ and the two Chris's but that's pretty much it. I'm just hoping that it doesn't look like a T.V movie like Serenity did.

Eh I thought the Spidey trailer was decent. With the exception of the silly football scene I really dug the Batman trailer but the Avengers trailers have been eh too. I'll see the film because of RDJ and the two Chris's but that's pretty much it. I'm just hoping that it doesn't look like a T.V movie like Serenity did.

Thank you. I was feeling so weird with everyone not seeing how tv movish some of the scenes look.

Yeah, I agree with you there. To be honest, I've never understood anyone's fascination with Whedon or Firefly. The TV show just looked like another cheap space series to me and the movie didn't look any better. It always reminded me of those crappy 90s sci-fi shows like Space Rangers and Shatner's TekWar crap.

Your man desire for Shatner is unsettling.

You just wish you were this badass.

shatnerchesthair.jpg

LMAO.

My mistake. TekWar is indeed badass. Especially that My Two Dads guy who played the cop. The episode where he was sword fighting with Sir Lancelot or something was some truly epic sh**. :D

I'll see the film because of RDJ and the two Chris's but that's pretty much it. I'm just hoping that it doesn't look like a T.V movie like Serenity did.

Really? Serenity was markedly different, aesthetically, than the TV series (but it did look consistent to the show as well). And it used its pennies ($39M) wisely -- it looked 4x more expensive than it actually was. As good as The Avengers looks, story- and action-wise... it looks like a TV movie in spots thanks to the digital cameras.

And I've noticed that movies being put on the fast-track, like MOS is, usually the edited scenes are sent off to the sound department for foley, sound mixing and designing. So barring any post-production snags, the movie could be finished by early fall or late summer.

Really? Serenity was markedly different, aesthetically, than the TV series (but it did look consistent to the show as well). And it used its pennies ($39M) wisely -- it looked 4x more expensive than it actually was. As good as The Avengers looks, story- and action-wise... it looks like a TV movie in spots thanks to the digital cameras.

And I've noticed that movies being put on the fast-track, like MOS is, usually the edited scenes are sent off to the sound department for foley, sound mixing and designing. So barring any post-production snags, the movie could be finished by early fall or late summer.

Just in time for a potential Early Christmas Release:oldrazz:

It's not just the cameras. The designs of whatever the room the team is standing in when Cap confronts Stark looks small and something like Serenity's crammed sound stage instead of an implied large Helicarrier or Triskellion.

Trek's Apple store design looked huge and complex despite it being no larger than Next Generations or DS9.

Thank you. I was feeling so weird with everyone not seeing how tv movish some of the scenes look.

It doesnt have a great visual look and is rather bland. Some directors are just better at visuals. That one shot of the camera spinning around the team looks like they are on green screen. A lot of things seem off with the film, but having a team movie is blinding a lot of people.

How exactly does Avengers look good based on the trailers? Just a bunch of posing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"