All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 60

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Daily Planet may very well be destroyed in the finale, during the Battle of Metropolis. I expect it actually. But for whatever reason, it will be standing again before the end imo.

I just think it would be odd if Clark walks the Earth, starts working at the DP, and then goes and finds the Fortress and the suit and then confronts Zod.

It would mean that when Lois is looking for Clark, she already knows him. That doesn't make sense to me.

And Jessica Alba played Sue Storm. Will Smith's daughter is playing Annie. What is your point?

Is either Sue Storm or Annie one of the most well-known and widely discussed jewish victims of the holocaust? :whatever:

YES, that wouldn't make sense. Clark will not be the glasses wearing Clark tell the end, that would make the most sense. (I am hoping that the last scene is the Comic con scene with [BLACKOUT]Clark and the glasses[/BLACKOUT]
That is what I have been saying since the Comic Con trailer. The more we learn, the more I think I am right. But things could change.

The Daily Planet may very well be destroyed in the finale, during the Battle of Metropolis. I expect it actually. But for whatever reason, it will be standing again before the end imo.

I just think it would be odd if Clark walks the Earth, starts working at the DP, and then goes and finds the Fortress and the suit and then confronts Zod.

It would mean that when Lois is looking for Clark, she already knows him. That doesn't make sense to me.

And Jessica Alba played Sue Storm. Will Smith's daughter is playing Annie. What is your point?

who knows...I think he will work at The Daily Planet before the end.

Bet Jenny dies during the attack and Clark takes her job.

That is what I have been saying since the Comic Con trailer. The more we learn, the more I think I am right. But things could change.

I hope you are right!! That sets up a sequel in its own right, but I am sure we get some kind of Lex mention though.

Yep. I seriously think he won't enter the DP or meet anyone other then Lois before the final mins off the film.

I think I've made a pretty strong argument against that speculation. So let me restate it.

1. First off, we have a guy who looks an awful lot like Clark in this chaotic crowd scene in front of the Daily Planet building. You can see Perry and Jenny (see purple sweater) in the middle of the photograph wearing the same clothes they are wearing during the film's climax when they run out of the Daily Planet building (UK TV Spot) and when they are running down the street with buildings collapsing behind them (Trailer 2).

However, most importantly, right above the taxi cab, you can see a man with black hair in a grey vest and trousers with his sleeves rolled up who seems to be the focus of the scene. The film's camera man is standing right to his right apparently pointing the camera at the black haired individual in close-up. Given that the man is wearing an outfit that is pretty synonymous with Daily Planet Mild-Mannered Clark and that he has his hands on his hips in iconic Superman pose, I think there is a damn good chance he is Mild Mannered Clark about to swing into action as Superman. If so, Mild Mannered Clark then appears in the film prior to the closing scenes/epilogue.

18590823.jpg

2. Second, the fabled Clark walks into the Daily Planet lobby and puts on the glasses shot from the Comic-Con Trailer that everyone thinks will be one of the last scenes of the movie talks place in the same lobby that everyone else is running out of in the UK TV Spot. Given the explosion that are going on around Perry and Jenny as they run out of the lobby, the fact that they are seen running away from buildings collapsing behind them, and we have set photos showing construction fencing with billboards for the Daily Planet Reconstruction Fund, it seems pretty clear that the Daily Planet Building bites the dust during the film's climax. Therefore, Clark walking into the lobby putting on the glasses CANNOT be one of the film's final scenes because the location of that scene doesn't exist at the end of the film.

Thus, the evidence we have seem to clearly indicate that Daily Planet Clark will appear prior to the film's final minutes.

It would be crazy if they lied and the Williams Superman theme started playing as Clark put on his glasses at the end.

I’m wondering if they’ll even bother explaining on how Clark had the credentials to get a job at the Planet since I don’t think he had any time to get the proper education/certification that a reporter needs nowadays before getting the actual job due to traveling the world when he was a young adult.

Will Smith's kid isn't playing Annie anymore, the little girl who was nominated for an Oscar this year is.

Pretty sure that Lois helps him get the job. Perry might even be in on it. There's obviously a benefit to employing Superman.

Pretty sure that Lois helps him get the job. Perry might even be in on it. There's obviously a benefit to employing Superman.
Would HATE if Perry was in on it. Not gonna happen, at least I hope not

I think I've made a pretty strong argument against that speculation. So let me restate it.

1. First off, we have a guy who looks an awful lot like Clark in this chaotic crowd scene in front of the Daily Planet building. You can see Perry and Jenny (see purple sweater) in the middle of the photograph wearing the same clothes they are wearing during the film's climax when they run out of the Daily Planet building (UK TV Spot) and when they are running down the street with buildings collapsing behind them (Trailer 2).

However, most importantly, right above the taxi cab, you can see a man with black hair in a grey vest and trousers with his sleeves rolled up who seems to be the focus of the scene. The film's camera man is standing right to his right apparently pointing the camera at the black haired individual in close-up. Given that the man is wearing an outfit that is pretty synonymous with Daily Planet Mild-Mannered Clark and that he has his hands on his hips in iconic Superman pose, I think there is a damn good chance he is Mild Mannered Clark about to swing into action as Superman. If so, Mild Mannered Clark then appears in the film prior to the closing scenes/epilogue.

18590823.jpg

2. Second, the fabled Clark walks into the Daily Planet lobby and puts on the glasses shot from the Comic-Con Trailer that everyone thinks will be one of the last scenes of the movie talks place in the same lobby that everyone else is running out of in the UK TV Spot. Given the explosion that are going on around Perry and Jenny as they run out of the lobby, the fact that they are seen running away from buildings collapsing behind them, and we have set photos showing construction fencing with billboards for the Daily Planet Reconstruction Fund, it seems pretty clear that the Daily Planet Building bites the dust during the film's climax. Therefore, Clark walking into the lobby putting on the glasses CANNOT be one of the film's final scenes because the location of that scene doesn't exist at the end of the film.

Thus, the evidence we have seem to clearly indicate that Daily Planet Clark will appear prior to the film's final minutes.
While you may be right that Clark will work at the DP before hand, I wouldn't say that scene you are describing in the pic is from the finale.

I am having a hard time imagining a reason why Clark, after the battle of Smallville, would return to work at the DP before the battle of Metropolis. After the battle of Smallville, Clark is going to be taken into military custody. From there he will be "given" to Zod. At what point is he going to have a chance to go back to work? Perhaps Clark is working there and Zod's message plays or he lands the Black Zero. But I seriously, seriously doubt Clark would be at work by that point in the film.

I don't understand the big deal about the lobby. The epilogue could be months, a year after the finale. Plenty of "film time" for there to be a rebuild.

I’m wondering if they’ll even bother explaining on how Clark had the credentials to get a job at the Planet since I don’t think he had any time to get the proper education/certification that a reporter needs nowadays before getting the actual job due to traveling the world when he was a young adult.

Well, during the tornado scene, Cavill plays what appears to be a young adult Clark based on his longer/sloppier hair. He is also wearing a University of Kansas shirt. Given that we have seen shots of Pa Kent proudly posing with Clark after he wins the science fair as a child, I strongly believe that Clark will be depicted as having gone to college as education seems to be something the Kents value.

What does that even mean?

jackie-chan-confused.png

Do you really need me to spell it out for you?

Would The Diary of Anne Frank make sense if Anne Frank were Indian? It's a story about what Anne Frank had to face as a young jewish girl during the holocaust. The actress portraying Anne doesn't have to be jewish, but she has to at least look jewish.

On the other hand, the stories of Annie or of Sue Storm do not have race, culture, or enthnicity being a central - or even minor - theme.

¿Comprende?

I don't understand the big deal about the lobby. The epilogue could be months, a year after the finale. Plenty of "film time" for there to be a rebuild.

Well, the fact that you have construction fencing with billboards for the reconstruction of Metropolis, which speak of "Metropolis rising" in future tense, suggests that the film's end will depict Metropolis still in a state of reconstruction. Adding in another scene where the Planet is fully rebuilt seems very clunky and unnecessary.

jackie-chan-confused.png

Do you really need me to spell it out for you?

Would The Diary of Anne Frank make sense if Anne Frank were Indian? It's a story about what Anne Frank had to face as a young jewish girl during the holocaust. The actress portraying Anne doesn't have to be jewish, but she has to at least look jewish.

On the other hand, the stories of Annie or of Sue Storm do not have race, culture, or enthnicity being a central - or even minor - theme.

¿Comprende?
What you need to understand is that in theater, it really doesn't matter.

What is so difficult about this for you? Many people mention it. There must be a reason why she doesn't look completely Caucasian to so many people.

No question that the glasses/DP lobby scene will be the last, if not one of the last, scene in the film.

We know he is college educated to some degree based on his Kansas University shirt. I hope they had him major in journalism so his being at DP will be very credible.

18590823.jpg
You know what would be awesome? If that scene is the final one. Clark already has his job, everything has been wrapped up in a neat little bow, and then...BAM! Some giant alien skullship appears in the sky. The citizens of Metropolis stop in their tracks and look up. Clark stands along with them, his hands reaching for his tie. "This is a job for Superman." Cue shirt rip, followed by credits.

Think of it like the ending of The Incredible.

ok, Lois finds Clark, convinces him that working at a newspaper would help him stay up to date on where his services are needed, Zod shows up and goes to Smallville and attacks the Kent farm. Clark goes to the Fortress, suits up and goes to fight Zod and yadda, yadda, yadda...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"