All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 62

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talked with someone who had seen Man of Steel, confirmed by someone who's dad is an executive at Wal-Mart who didn't get to see this said private screening.
Take with a grain of salt, but I believe they were legit.
They absolutely LOVED this movie, best movie they had seen in years, Amazing, better action than the Avengers, emotional, breathtaking. Imagine a Synder visuals with a great script/screenplay/great pacing. They said they were shaking at points because of the intensity/cried like a baby at two points in this movie/tears of joy at other points. Michael Shannon steals the show. Cavill is awesome as Superman/Clark. Amy Adams is the best Lois yet! Faora kicks Serious *** in this movie and is insane! Movie does indeed begin on Krypton and we see the live birth of Kal-el. When Lara is by herself and watching the end of Krypton the music is haunting and its super sad. Zod does infact kill Jor-el, WB is IN LOVE with This movie, more so than TDK, so confident. Standing Ovation, People they talked too after screening were IN LOVE with this movie, said if the American people/critics don't like this movie they will lose all faith in peoples ability to judge movies. 4/4 (Person said for starters the person gives 3 examples of CBM as of late(TDKR 2.5/4, Avengers 3.5/4, Iron Man 3 2.5/4). Said MOS blows them out of the water and its not even CLOSE!

Is this a legit poster or is someone trolling?

Watching 3 Musketeers (the one with O'Donnell, Charlie Sheen, Oliver Platt, Keifer Sutherland and TIM FREAKING CURRY!! :awesome:) and I just remembered these famous last words, which I hope will be reiterated by all the naysayers when MOS Hits:

"I might have been mistaken."

:woot::super:

While i don't feel MOS will be the best superhero film we've seen, i do believe 2 things.
1. It will be the best film interpretation of Superman
2. It will contain the best tone of any comic book film. What i mean is, Zack and co. will have created the perfect balance between realism and fantastical.

I love Nolan's series, i hold it in high regards. However, i feel Nolan went a bit too realistic in some aspects, when it comes to the three films. Because his series was rooted in such a realistic surrounding, we didn't get to have fantastic villains like Riddler. I still feel The Riddler could have been portrayed as a psychotic, destruction hungry man, who with each clue, would have a public bombing if his riddle wasn't solved.
I'm going off a bit topic, but i'm hoping the next reboot of Batman has a few more fantastical elements thrown in. The reboot will have to if it wants to be part of a Justice League Universe.

I'm rambling :oldrazz: Just had to get that out of my head.

Enjoy, reblog it if you can. :up:

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/50750466350/man-of-steel-behind-the-scenes

UiwTsrm.gif
0pl6Vzj.gif

fcNpn4e.gif
LxcjP00.gif

GnPeSt6.gif
HeyTh5r.gif

cwDlmRR.gif
LrxkaqL.gif

One thing we haven't seen is how X-Ray vision will be depicted. What do we think would be the best way to go about this? I can't remember it in SR. Smallville's was pretty cool I guess.

Umm, I don't troll with anything. And yes, I report the truth (or at least what I hear from someone). twitter? @notrip_22

Sorry didn't mean to cause offense, just wanted to know if you could be trusted before I got excited.

Sorry didn't mean to cause offense, just wanted to know if you could be trusted before I got excited.
:yay: no-offense taken. I got excited and asked who the person was. looked it up, its real, and the other person was legit as well! can't say who obviously, but I was even more Pumped after I found out.

While i don't feel MOS will be the best superhero film we've seen, i do believe 2 things.
1. It will be the best film interpretation of Superman
2. It will contain the best tone of any comic book film. What i mean is, Zack and co. will have created the perfect balance between realism and fantastical.

I love Nolan's series, i hold it in high regards. However, i feel Nolan went a bit too realistic in some aspects, when it comes to the three films. Because his series was rooted in such a realistic surrounding, we didn't get to have fantastic villains like Riddler. I still feel The Riddler could have been portrayed as a psychotic, destruction hungry man, who with each clue, would have a public bombing if his riddle wasn't solved.
I'm going off a bit topic, but i'm hoping the next reboot of Batman has a few more fantastical elements thrown in. The reboot will have to if it wants to be part of a Justice League Universe.

I'm rambling :oldrazz: Just had to get that out of my head.

Agreed. If MOS doesn't turn out being the best CBM, it will at least be the perfect CBM to date meaning that it has the perfect balance in its tone between realism and fantasy. It looks like they created a world where literally anything can happen and exist, which is even more fitting if MOS really is the start of a shared universe.

The way I see it, Nolan has perfected storytelling in CBM's not only by creating ones that the general audience can fully take seriously but also by finding the perfect balance between movies that stand on their own and that still have continuity & things set up for future sequels in there at the same time, with the only thing missing is that element of fantasy. MOS seems to be following doing the exact same thing only adding that fantasy element in creating a world where anything can happen, creating the perfect CBM.

Also, are you sure the Riddler is the best example of that though? Because Riddler would've fit in perfectly. He's not any more out there than the Joker was. I think you meant someone like Clayface, Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze, etc.

Anyone know how the Walmart screening gross will be calculated? This doesn't seem to be tied to Rentrak, maybe WB will report it separately.

Quick back of envelope calculations, taking 8$-9$ for non-3D and 11$-12$ for 3D means a potential 10 million gross just from the 7pm show. Even if only 50-75% of tickets are sold for the 7pm show through Walmart, that means a 5 million to 7.5 million gross from just the Walmart special shows. Of course, the extra merchandise sold will benefit Walmart and the MoS merchandise partners.

If the sales are good (like i said, 50-75% tickets sold of all available tickets), this may turn out to be a really successful promotion.

Agreed. If MOS doesn't turn out being the best CBM, it will at least be the perfect CBM to date meaning that it has the perfect balance in its tone between realism and fantasy. It looks like they created a world where literally anything can happen and exist, which is even more fitting if MOS really is the start of a shared universe.

The way I see it, Nolan has perfected storytelling in CBM's not only by creating ones that the general audience can fully take seriously but also by finding the perfect balance between movies that stand on their own and that still have continuity & things set up for future sequels in there at the same time, with the only thing missing is that element of fantasy. MOS seems to be following doing the exact same thing only adding that fantasy element in creating a world where anything can happen, creating the perfect CBM.

Also, are you sure the Riddler is the best example of that though? Because Riddler would've fit in perfectly. He's not any more out there than the Joker was. I think you meant someone like Clayface, Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze, etc.
And that's why I am pissed. Nolan could have included him, no problem. :oldrazz:
Lol but yeah, not quite the right example.
Let's replace my Riddler example with Ms. Ivy.
I'm hoping Steel opens the door for the DC cinematic universe. I would love a Batman reboot with the tone of let's say, Bruce Timm's series.

My walmart were only selling 150 for 2D and 200 for 3D (2 theaters) different walmarts had different theater locations. (population of 135000 for area of theaters).

Notrip reports the truth, the justice, the american way.

:p

I hope my 18 year old nephew likes the film, I'm tired of hearing how lame Superman is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"