All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen what he looks like ? another one of Zack's and Patritck Tatopoulos creations, it's probably best if they keep him under wraps imo

Ares looks a lot like the comic version. Just replace the Corinthian helmet with a Minotaur skull.

No; I was going by this:

https://www.warnerbros.com/wonder-woman

I assumed it was a revision and up-to-date. If not, I stand corrected.

According to the site:
Patty Jenkins directs the film from a screenplay by Allan Heinberg, story by Zack Snyder & Allan Heinberg and Jason Fuchs.

This... is really weird, that Heinberg is the only one credited with the screenplay, when Johns, and even Jenkins once were credited. The writer's guild has really strict rules, it probably took them many months to figure out who gets credit. As for story by... that can easily mean Snyder gets story by credit for two reasons: Diana was introduced in BvS, and Snyder was the one who came up with the idea for the WWI setting. Heinberg makes sense, as he wrote the screenplay, and Fuchs wrote the first draft of the original script two or so years ago (WB picked one script out of six or so writers.). And since the writer's guild is really strict, that means while they used the bare bones of Fuch's script, it really is just the bare bones, because to get screenplay credit, the guild has to determine you wrote at least 25% of the final script (at least it was 25% in the early 2000s).

Patty stated on Twitter that her, Geoff and Allan worked on the script together. Her and Johns probably didn't contribute enough to get credit

According to the site:
Patty Jenkins directs the film from a screenplay by Allan Heinberg, story by Zack Snyder & Allan Heinberg and Jason Fuchs.

This... is really weird, that Heinberg is the only one credited with the screenplay, when Johns, and even Jenkins once were credited. The writer's guild has really strict rules, it probably took them many months to figure out who gets credit. As for story by... that can easily mean Snyder gets story by credit for two reasons: Diana was introduced in BvS, and Snyder was the one who came up with the idea for the WWI setting. Heinberg makes sense, as he wrote the screenplay, and Fuchs wrote the first draft of the original script two or so years ago (WB picked one script out of six or so writers.). And since the writer's guild is really strict, that means while they used the bare bones of Fuch's script, it really is just the bare bones, because to get screenplay credit, the guild has to determine you wrote at least 25% of the final script (at least it was 25% in the early 2000s).

It's very weird. The official press release that I posted in the previous page was released by WB at the end of December. Patty Jenkins also mentioned on twitter that she fondly remembers all 3 of them sitting in a room working on the script.

It's very weird. The official press release that I posted in the previous page was released by WB at the end of December. Patty Jenkins also mentioned on twitter that she fondly remembers all 3 of them sitting in a room working on the script.

I guess it just means while all three worked on the script, neither Johns nor Jenkins attributed enough percent of the script to be awarded credit by the writer's guild. I just think it's weird that they were once credited on that press release you spoke of. I assume the guild hadn't come to their conclusion about the script when the press release was release.

If we get a sequel, it better be set in modern day.

I think the same. Let's get the modern reaction to WW as a public hero. What has she learned in the century between WWI and today? They could explore lots of material.

Wonder%20Woman%20Spirit%20of%20Truth%20pages%2020%20&%2021%20-%20Alex%20Ross.jpg

wonder-woman-UN.jpg

32fb4f9339207dc7f138ce937f865775.jpg

Whatever it is, I'm sure they got the script right, at any rate it would be miles better than what Ayer cooked-up in six weeks for Suicide Squad .

As far I know, Heinberg, Jenkins and Fuchs are legit writers plus Geoff Johns is there to help with comic book accuracy.

And yet, Beyonce claims songwriting credits just for singing the song. What a world we live in :o

I'm actually a little disappointed though. I did like that there was at least one female writer credited for Wonder Woman.

I guess it just means while all three worked on the script, neither Johns nor Jenkins attributed enough percent of the script to be awarded credit by the writer's guild. I just think it's weird that they were once credited on that press release you spoke of. I assume the guild hadn't come to their conclusion about the script when the press release was release.

Apparently, the WGA is very protective when it comes to awarding writing credits to so-called “production executives” (directors, producers and EPs). I guess this prevents the director/producer from easily claiming credit for brainstorming on the story or punching up some dialogue, etc. These efforts are considered a typical part of the director/producer job description and don’t warrant an extra writing credit. Accordingly, the WGA imposes a strict criterion: the production executive has to contribute at least 50% original content (however that’s measured :shrug:) - whereas, (e.g.) the original writer may only have to contribute 25 or 33% in order to get official credit.

It seems that Jenkins and Johns extensively rewrote drafts - such that WB believed they had passed the “50% test” and were entitled to a co-screenplay credit. But (presumably) the WGA thought otherwise.

Apparently, the WGA is very protective when it comes to awarding writing credits to so-called “production executives” (directors, producers and EPs). I guess this prevents the director/producer from easily claiming credit for brainstorming on the story or punching up some dialogue, etc. These efforts are considered a typical part of the director/producer job description and don’t warrant an extra writing credit. Accordingly, the WGA imposes a strict criterion: the production executive has to contribute at least 50% original content (however that’s measured :shrug:) - whereas, (e.g.) the original writer may only have to contribute 25 or 33% in order to get official credit.

It seems that Jenkins and Johns extensively rewrote drafts - such that WB believed they had passed the “50% test” and were entitled to a co-screenplay credit. But (presumably) the WGA thought otherwise.

Considering both Johns and Jenkins are writers, it does seem a little unfair to arbitrate them out of a credit just because she's the director and he's one of the producers.

I believe Joss Whedon got arbitrated out of Speed but a number of elements like dialogue and characters are in the final film.

Ares looks a lot like the comic version. Just replace the Corinthian helmet with a Minotaur skull.

They look fairly different but I've always said Ares needed a makeover. Seeing that they got [BLACKOUT]David Thewlis[/BLACKOUT] to play Ares I thought they were leaning more towards the new 52 which would've been so much better imo, nu52 Ares is far and away the best Ares

Jenkins and Johns could have done lot of polishing but the basic story could have remained intact so they didn't get story credit.

^^
Same here. Flashbacks are alright, if tastefully done, but keep it in modern times.

If we get a sequel, it better be set in modern day.

I think the same. Let's get the modern reaction to WW as a public hero. What has she learned in the century between WWI and today? They could explore lots of material.

I agree. I think they've got to keep WW relevant and explore her relevance to modern times. Captain America (after waking up) got to explore more modern themes and tech after his first movie and it worked well (esp. Winter Soldier.)

Though it would be good to see ancient mythology (creatures, gods etc.) in the modern world. Flashbacks would be cool too if we get to see more of the Amazons and gods in ancient times.

I agree. I think they've got to keep WW relevant and explore her relevance to modern times. Captain America (after waking up) got to explore more modern themes and tech after his first movie and it worked well (esp. Winter Soldier.)

Though it would be good to see ancient mythology (creatures, gods etc.) in the modern world. Flashbacks would be cool too if we get to see more of the Amazons and gods in ancient times.

That's why I feel Circe is the way to go for a sequel. She can be a villain that can be used to bring in lots of mythology based threats.

edit.

Last edited:
Patty is doing a hell of a job building up Gal. She's either being genuine or she is doing what a director should to pump up anticipation for her film.

Patty is doing a hell of a job building up Gal. She's either being genuine or she is doing what a director should to pump up anticipation for her film.

We know that WB is changing the DCEU tone so did that start with this or Aquaman ?

Possibly the former but definitely the latter. Jenkins needs the GA to fall in love with Gal Gadot. A well made film wont be enough. Shes being smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"