All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sometimes respect Campea on some aspects but i too agree that since Day One back in her BvS casting in 2013 that his Gal Gadot bashing has been highly uncalled for.

Which is another reason as to why this film needs to hit it outta the ballpark, Campea needs to get shunned for his bashing. :oldrazz:

Is he going to pretend that he never bashed Gal before and that he was always on her side?

There were critics who were praising Fant4stic while it was still in its production stage saying how it would be a proper version of FF compared to the Story films (which they mocked) but then they all quickly disappeared once the movie came out, and many pretended that they were against the film to begin with.

So maybe he will hope everyone forgets about what was said earlier and just say that he was always in favour of her, or try to clarify his comments that we needed to wait and see etc.

If Wonder Woman turns out as good as I hope it does I will troll Campea the likes of which no troll has ever trolled before.

I'm gonna need a toll bridge once I'm done with him.

You and like half of Twitter :funny:

Could WW actually be the movie that makes people neutral toward the DCEU instead of begrudgingly praising it now and then for its positives?

Could WW actually be the movie that makes people neutral toward the DCEU instead of begrudgingly praising it now and then for its positives?

I'd say the DCEU is already seen in a neutral fashion by the casual moviegoer. WW being as good as we think/hope it is would only go towards establishing the brand further.

I'd say the DCEU is already seen in a neutral fashion by the casual moviegoer. WW being as good as we think/hope it is would only go towards establishing the brand further.

My bad, I should've specified, I meant in regard to critics/YouTube commentators.

It still feels like it's probably more acceptable to be a racist necrophiliac than to be seen publically supporting/enjoying the DCEU as a critic.

Last edited:

giphy.gif

:oldrazz:

If Wonder Woman turns out as good as I hope it does I will troll Campea the likes of which no troll has ever trolled before.

I'm gonna need a toll bridge once I'm done with him.

if you mean John Campea , did he ever predict Wonder Woman is going to be a bad DC movie?

well,of course he is 'possessed' by his opinion that casting Gal Gadot is a bad choice

and he hardly stop to criticize Gal Gadot's acting skill.

Last edited:
He's improved a little of late but he seems obnoxious by nature, his borderline personal vendetta against Gadot being a success just seems really childish and unprofessional. I'm interested to see his reaction to this, hopefully he'll be legit about it and approach it professionally and not go for a bunch of backhanded compliments.
He might go for something like "kudos to Patty Jenkins for turning a talentless model like Gadot into a somewhat servicable lead"

why? if you mean John Campea , did he ever predict Wonder Woman is going to be a bad DC movie?

of course he is possessed by his opinion that casting Gal Gadot is a bad choice

and he hardly stop to lash out Gal Gadot's acting skill.

He didn't mean John Campea. He meant John Campier, Campea's campier multiverse counterpart. :o

Hah, no they are not.

He might go for something like "kudos to Patty Jenkins for turning a talentless model like Gadot into a somewhat servicable lead"

:hehe: That's pretty much what I think he's capable of. If Gadot gives a good performance she deserves a lot of credit, maybe he'll be mature enough to give her that credit.

Overall I'm really glad for everyone involved with the movie that it seems to really be striking a chord with the audience, and it would be great for a DCEU entry to finally get primarily positive reviews.

My bad, I should've specified, I meant in regard to critics/YouTube commentators.

It still feels like it's probably more acceptable to be a racist necophiliac than to be seen publically supporting/enjoying the DCEU as a critic.

Ah. My answer is still in the affirmative. By and large -- and barring the odd John Campea -- it's a movie people, critics, YouTubers, pop-cultural curators, seem to want to rally and get behind, especially with its reported optimism in the story and character of WW. It's a production not dogged by the heavy, persistent behind-the-scenes speculation that plagued BvS and SS, a production not bearing the divisive name of Zack Snyder (well, at least not that much here). A production without the anti-SJW controversy of other recent female-led properties like Ghostbusters and The Force Awakens (not yet anyway). A property generally well regarded and helmed by very likeable people in Patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot.

One way or another, people seem to be rooting for the movie's success.

Ah. My answer is still in the affirmative. By and large -- and barring the odd John Campea -- it's a movie people, critics, YouTubers, pop-cultural curators, seem to want to rally and get behind, especially with its reported optimism in the story and character of WW. It's a production not dogged by the heavy, persistent behind-the-scenes speculation that plagued BvS and SS, a production not bearing the divisive name of Zack Snyder (well, at least not that much here). A production without the anti-SJW controversy of other recent female-led properties like Ghostbusters and The Force Awakens (not yet anyway). A property generally well regarded and helmed by very likeable people in Patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot.

One way or another, people seem to be rooting for the movie's success.

Yeah, to be fair you're right about the general sentiment of positivity around this movie, by and large people seem to be rooting for it, and most importantly actually seem to want to like it. Coupled with the fact that this was clearly a project Patty Jenkins was passionate about it should be a feels good experience all around.

There's definitely no better way to lead into JL than WW creating a positive atmosphere around the universe, and if it ends up being a massive hit having someone like Jenkins to potentially contribute to later movies would also be great. I'm really excited for the 2nd of June myself, can't wait to see it now.

Yeah, to be fair you're right about the general sentiment of positivity around this movie, by and large people seem to be rooting for it, and most importantly actually seem to want to like it. Coupled with the fact that this was clearly a project Patty Jenkins was passionate about it should be a feels good experience all around.

There's definitely no better way to lead into JL than WW creating a positive atmosphere around the universe, and if it ends up being a massive hit having someone like Jenkins to potentially contribute to later movies would also be great. I'm really excited for the 2nd of June myself, can't wait to see it now.

Absolutely, feel the same. The marketing behind it ain't too shabby as well -- that probably helped loads.

Pretty much this. Campea will credit Jenkins for Gadot's performance long before he gives Gadot any credit. His ego won't let him.

And this is coming from someone who likes Campea.

I generally wouldn't care about RT scores as I prefer reading full reviews and not some binary confirmation that RT score represents. Still, I wanna see a Certified Fresh DCEU movie so some people can just stop whining about WB's continued failings with their DCEU stable with regards to it's critical scores. I just want the circle jerk about reviews/ratings to stop.

If you really think that's going to happen. . .

If WW gets great RT rating, it will be applauded by the same people who condemn RT and critics as useless. And this will continue until JL comes back with a score in the 20s, at which point it will be all about conspiracies again.

For JTE to praise WW means the reactions are true. He is a true DCEU hater. Constantly bashes it on Schmoes and Collider.

he is not a dc hater he just wants better movies like tons of people on this board me included just because you dont like some dceu movies does not make you a dc hater i personally love MOS,hated BVS,and felt suicide squad was a mess but highly entertaining and i am very hyped for WW

If you really think that's going to happen. . .

If WW gets great RT rating, it will be applauded by the same people who condemn RT and critics as useless. And this will continue until JL comes back with a score in the 20s, at which point it will be all about conspiracies again.

No most of us that have ripped critics and RT are still doing so despite the positivity...but hey you can ignore the facts for your story if ya like ;)

As was posted before, you can be happy critics like a movie and still think critics are worthless. I have never seen a movie because of critics (or not seen one because of them) and I never will. The only reason I will be happy if RT is fresh is because I wont have to leave this board due to all the trolling :p

he is not a dc hater he just wants better movies like tons of people on this board me included just because you dont like some dceu movies does not make you a dc hater i personally love MOS,hated BVS,and felt suicide squad was a mess but highly entertaining and i am very hyped for WW

Someone with the name LoganGambit would say something that. Very suspicious. :sly:

He is a hater. There's wanting better movies then there's using every opportunity on Twitter or youtube to nitpick and take an unnecessary jab at the universe.

Got my Email saying my Personalized Regal ULTIMATE TICKET for Wonder Woman will be delivered tomorrow. :mnm::hmr:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"