The Dark Knight Rises Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Manager

Reaction score
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]357481[/split]
-------------------------
Dear Children,

If your contributions have essentially nothing to do with the characterization of Selina Kyle and are little more than transparent dreck tailored toward your goofy fanboy desires than anything viable, keep them to yourselves. It's becoming more than tiresome to have this thread periodically cleaned up because people seem to equate discussion of a character that boasts sensuality with ongoing blather about **** and ass.

In very short order, such individuals will be removed from discussing the topic altogether for the slightest transgressions. I very strongly suggest that the current climate of discussion resemble something of worth.

Grow up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you guys think that Catwoman will appear first on screen, then Selina Kyle?
I hope that is the case. There is a lot going on in this movie, it seems, and I think it makes sense to deliver then establish Catwoman.

I'd be surprised if they do an origin story for Catwoman. With Bane and the League of Shadows in the film along with everyone else, I doubt there would be time. Especially for someone like Catwoman. I'd be shocked if she wasn't already established. I see her just happening to cross paths with Batman, but in reality she's been doing whatever she is doing for quite some time.

Kinda let-down Catwoman/Selina was not in the teaser, but totally understandable. I will say this though, Catwoman better exist from the start of the film. I don't want to see any sort of Harvey Dent styled ark or transition, I just want her to be Catwoman from the get go. They can explain throughout the film why she decides to be Catwoman though. I'm down for that.

no it's a man climbing up the wall

I hope she has a big role and they're just saving her for the next trailer to build buzz.

She will be in the next trailer. I would say she's more of a "subplot" in the next trailer while Bane is the focus still. But either way, she will be in a lot of the marketing.

Or hell, it could be equal. Focus on the duality of Batman/Catwoman and Bruce/Selina while showing Bane's plot.

Given that Anne is the highest billed of the new cast, I'm thinking Catwoman must be pretty important.

She will be in the next trailer. I would say she's more of a "subplot" in the next trailer while Bane is the focus still. But either way, she will be in a lot of the marketing.

Or hell, it could be equal. Focus on the duality of Batman/Catwoman and Bruce/Selina while showing Bane's plot.

This isn't how they played out the other films.

Joker was marketed it was about Harvey/Two-Face

Bane is being marketed...could still be about Selina/Catwoman.

It's about Bruce though, I think she'll be in it a lot.

Given that Anne is the highest billed of the new cast, I'm thinking Catwoman must be pretty important.

Catwoman maybe, Selina, definitely.

This isn't how they played out the other films.

Joker was marketed it was about Harvey/Two-Face

Bane is being marketed...could still be about Selina/Catwoman.

It's about Bruce though, I think she'll be in it a lot.

Catwoman maybe, Selina, definitely.

I do think she'll feature more in the next trailers. We'll see more of Bane and what he can do, but it'll have a lot to do with Catwoman and Selina. A lot with Selina because you need to market that it's Hathaway and her face.

I do think she'll feature more in the next trailers. We'll see more of Bane and what he can do, but it'll have a lot to do with Catwoman and Selina. A lot with Selina because you need to market that it's Hathaway and her face.

Same here I think we will be seeing her in the first trailer.

To be honest, I'm not even quite sure if they've filmed her in action yet; all we know is rumors.

I'm somewhat doubtful they have because I'm almost certain a leaked image would have surfaced by now. Nolan would want to control how and when Catwoman gets released and for it to be released in the correct studio settings, the last thing you'd want is some grainy set photo taken on someones camera showing up on the net.

Right, because we got all those leaked pictures of Bane. Of course they've filmed her in action. She's admitted as much. She about pistol whipped a guy's eye into a bloody pulp. And she's been splitting her costume up the rear. She's not doing all that for monologues.

I can understand why they kept Two Face under wraps during production because his reveal was supposed to be a powerful and shocking moment when he turns his head at Gordon in the hospital.

But I want to see some Catwoman stuff. Her role in this movie is something of a mystery wrapped in an enigma. I don't know where she's going to fit into all of this Bane stuff. You could make a good guess with Joker and Harvey Dent. But Catwoman and Bane are an odd combo.

I can understand why they kept Two Face under wraps during production because his reveal was supposed to be a powerful and shocking moment when he turns his head at Gordon in the hospital.

But I want to see some Catwoman stuff. Her role in this movie is something of a mystery wrapped in an enigma. I don't know where she's going to fit into all of this Bane stuff.

It's still early my friend. Remember Gill's words.

Bane, Catwoman, Batman. She's up next.

They've got all her promo pictures done. I think they're waiting for the official release of the teaser.

It should be the end of this month, beginning of next month.

When faithfully adapted, Catwoman pretty much sells herself. This trailer sets up some key story points, and introduces the general audience to Bane.

Not surprised Catwoman didn't show up, and it doesn't really bother me.

To be honest, I'm not even quite sure if they've filmed her in action yet; all we know is rumors.

Didn't she say she accidentally hit a stuntman? Pretty sure they got her in action.

When faithfully adapted, Catwoman pretty much sells herself. This trailer sets up some key story points, and introduces the general audience to Bane.

Not surprised Catwoman didn't show up, and it doesn't really bother me.

Exactly. Bane and in a way Tom Hardy needs to be introduced to the general audience.

She did according to the tabloid newspaper The Sun... A lot of these kind of stories are invented by PR men/women to get everyone talking about how awesome the actor is going to be on-screen. Pretty standard stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"