The Dark Knight Rises Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with that. Though I feel when she is finally revealed, it is going to result in more than just a quick shot as may have probably been the case here.

I think we'll see a lot of Selina and very little, if any of Catwoman.

This story is about Bruce, having Selina in it almost dictates Selina will have a huge impact

I think we'll see a lot of Selina and very little, if any of Catwoman.

This story is about Bruce, having Selina in it almost dictates Selina will have a huge impact

I agree. Though I feel the huge impact will be a culmination of most probably Alfred, Gordon and Selina, those who are close to Bruce/Batman rather than just one in particular. You also have to consider the impact, if any, but I feel most likely Miranda Tate will also have on Bruce.

I agree. Though I feel the huge impact will be a culmination of most probably Alfred, Gordon and Selina, those who are close to Bruce/Batman rather than just one in particular. You also have to consider the impact, if any, but I feel most likely Miranda Tate will also have on Bruce.

All those impacts will be individual.

Lucius and Alfred can impact him in similar ways as Miranda connecting him to his father.

Selina is a different character all together,she doesn't stem from Thomas Wayne in some way and Catwoman's impact is with Batman.

So while I agree with you, I think Selina/Catwoman's impact will be of its own nature.

Oh yeah I agree. But what I'm saying is that his decisive moment is quite likely to be made as a result of a culmination of all of these individuals effects, although it is likely the tipping point could be as the result of one individual (i.e. Selina/Catwoman). Plus like you say, the character of Selina/Catwoman can/will be able to relate to both sides of Bruce/Batman's duality.

Oh yeah I agree. But what I'm saying is that his decisive moment is quite likely to be made as a result of a culmination of all of these individuals, although it is likely the tipping point could be as the sult of one individual (i.e. Selina/Catwoman). Plus like you say, the character of Selina/Catwoman can/will be able to relate to both sides of Bruce/Batman's duality.

I agree, in fact i think initially the impact of the Thomas Wayne characters will steer bruce in the wrong direction.

TDK was about Batman controlling Wayne, I think a natural way to go is to have TDKR initially be about Bruce Wayne going to the other extreme

Taking his life back and not focusing on Batman.

then you get Selina and his rising is finding the space between.

This will be a great emotional moment where he says:

"I will fight for Gotham, not because I have to..." (A direct refutation of his way of thinking in TDK, remember in TDK he was fighting to come to an end for Batman so he can live his life. It's justified but, selfish) "...but because it's my purpose, it's the right thing to do."

Then you get a selfless hero, who doesn't put his two lives aside but, marries them to aide one another.

Selina's relationship with Catwoman is a great mirror image of how to do that correctly.

I agree. That all sounds great, and if that does happen, I can't wait for the execution of it all. How it happens is yet to be seen.

Even if I really want to see her, I completely understand why Catwoman wasn't showed in the teaser or why we haven't had an official picture. I think her marketing will start around the release of the official trailer, also it won't be difficult to sell her, after all she is very known by the general public and also is portrayed by famous artist.

Now what you guys think will be Catwoman's role in the movie after watching the teaser? I got a feeling that she will be a kind of Robin Hood/vigilante. From the teaser we know that for an amount of time Batman is gone and because of his disappearance thi Evil Rises (Bane) so I think Catwoman appears as a result of Bane, Gotham Chaos and of course the dissapearance of their hero.

i'm thinking catwoman will be more like two face in tdk. harvey was a constant character throughout then two face in the final 1/4 of the film. i see selena as a constant and catwomen in the final 1/4

I wouldn't like that. There seems to be far too much going on in TDKR for it to encompass a lengthy "origin" story like that and retain a satisfying pace and structure. Remember, too, that this is the end of a trilogy. Establishing Catwoman just as everything else is reaching its resolution would seem a bit weird, to me at least.

I wonder if Bane is the main villan & Catwoman is a sort of side show? Like Two-Face played second fiddle to the Joker in TDK?

Dent hardly played second fiddle, the whole movie was about him more or less.

You could easily argue Dent was more of a central character than The Joker, or even Batman.

As for Selena, I think we'll definitely get some of her in the next trailer.

Yeah, TDK felt like more of a story about Dent, Gordon, and Joker than about Batman.

Which is fine because it was pretty darn good. :woot:

Nothing wrong with that either, I don't get fans obsessions that every film has to be about Bruce Wayne, coz not every comic story is.

Take this with a pinch of salt if you like, but a friend of a friend was an extra for the movie. He has seen Hathaway in the Catwoman outfit and she apparently looks super-hot. This is all hearsay, of course. I've not met the guy and can't vouch for how honest he sounded. He also was an extra for Captain America, I think. Hope it is true, though.

An extra for TDKR and CA, ticking off all the superheroes. :up:

Dent hardly played second fiddle, the whole movie was about him more or less.
Nolan described it best, saying that Dent was the backbone of the movie. Thats exactly what he was.

An extra for TDKR and CA, ticking off all the superheroes. :up:

Yeah. Apparently, he leaked some info about Captain America and the studio managed to trace the leak back to him and basically said they don't want him for anymore movies. However, he might have blagged another job for the next X-Men, if it happens (or he had got an extras role in the current X-Men, I'm not sure). Like I said, I don't know how truthful this stuff is and I may have even misunderstood the story, because I was more excited about The Dark Knight Rises info. I just hope it is all true, because it's pretty goshdarn cool.

I wanted some allusion to Anne/Catwoman... :csad:

I think the trailer was focusing on Bane because Bane is the main threat in the film. Catwoman's not nearly as dangerous as he is, and not nearly as much is at stake.

I think not having Catwoman in the first teaser made sense, it was clear the mission of the teaser was to set the tone and create an aura of foreboding and menace around Bane, something much needed after his last outing on the off chance the general audience remember.

I think there's a good chance that the first official pic of Catwoman will be the movies big reveal at SDCC. Then no doubt she will feature heavily in the marketing going forward.

I agree.

Catwoman wouldn't have suited the teaser tone they were going for, which was highly sinister, hopeless, and even apocalyptic. We need a really good reason for Batman to return, and we seem to have one.

Definitely agree. Catwoman just wouldn't cut it, in terms of menace and threat level.

Agree with these sentiments. In a sense, Catwoman is able to market herself through name recognition alone more than Bane. And I feel that what they want to try and do initially is establish to everyone that Bane this time around is something completely different from his previous interpretation on screen. And also show to an extent somewhat how much of a threat and force he is most likely going to be.

We also all know how much Nolan loves to keep things under wraps for as long as possible, so I'm expecting him to keep Selina/Catwoman under wraps for a little while longer.

This is the odd part of the villain selection: Catwoman, the secondary antagonist has had me (until I saw the teaser at least) more hyped than Bane, our primary antagonist.

Catwoman not being in the trailer says absolutely nothing about the characters importance in 'TDKR', the reason they didn't show her is to keep up the hype of revealing her, why blow all the big campaign 'moments' in one go, they've shown Bane and got the fandom excited, but still anticipating 'Catwoman', seems rather smart to me.

I think the trailer was focusing on Bane because Bane is the main threat in the film. Catwoman's not nearly as dangerous as he is, and not nearly as much is at stake.saw the teaser at least) more hyped than Bane, our primary antagonist.

Catwoman not being in the trailer says absolutely nothing about the characters importance in 'TDKR', the reason they didn't show her is to keep up the hype of revealing her, why blow all the big campaign 'moments' in one go, they've shown Bane and got the fandom excited, but still anticipating 'Catwoman', seems rather smart to me.

Or maybe they weren't ready to show Catwoman stuff since they're still shooting. The Bane stuff could have been some of the earliest stuff shot, with almost no time for Nolan to make selects for what he'd be comfortable releasing for a teaser. It's still very early to be putting together teaser/trailer material.

Exactly. And I'm sure if they showed a quick glimpse or something of Catwoman at the end of the teaser, the continuity and fluidity of the trailer would be lost causing even more complaining than it already has. She wouldn't have fit well in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"