Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of those could be original characters. I find it implausible Seth is and I agree that Jason isn't either, but the other two might be, who knows?

I agree Jason is not Bruce Wayne. He could be Ted Kord, although I'm not aware of any tragic past he's had.

"Akiko" could potentially be Lady Shiva (Johns did tease that she might appear in season 3). It could also maybe be Cheshire.

"Daniel" does sound a lot of like Ted Kord to me.

The other two, I have no idea.

Yeah, "Daniel" definitely sounds like Ted Kord or Ray Palmer.

Oh god, I'm just picturing the first meeting between GA and Atom:

"Who are you?"

"I'm Ray Palmer, WELCOME TO PAIN!!"

Yeah that really sounds like Ted Kord. They probably wanted Nightwing and got Kord instead. If that's the case...pretty disappointing

If they're doing Kord, I really doubt think he's a stand-in for Nightwing.

Toshi and Aiko....Hmmmm, I wonder if Toshi might be a character created for the show and Aiko is Lady Shiva? I was going to suggest Sportsmaster and Cheshire but it seems both characters will be Asian.

Seth sounds intriguing, a chemistry mastermind and someone who is a physical match for Oliver. :hmm

Saw this on Reddit

I saw these tweets from people attending Denver Comic Con from a panel with Stephen Amell and Caity Lotz

"will we see Arrow in #TheFlash TV series? @amellywood: we share a producer, and a set, and a city, I don't know!"

"Will @caitylotz be in season 3 of #Arrow ? @amellywood thinks the world is more fun with some Canary in it."

"Why don't we call them Green Arrow and Black Canary? @amellywood says it's an evolutionary process of characters"

Merchandise on the way!

Warner Bros. Consumer Products has re-upped a deal with Mattel that will enable the company to create toys around DC Comics’ superheroes for the next several years.

The deal will include the likenesses of the characters in films, TV shows and from comic books. That includes “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” out in summer 2016, and the “Justice League” that will follow, both directed by Zack Snyder, along with Warner Bros. TV series “Arrow” and “The Flash.”
http://variety.com/2014/biz/news/ma...d-dc-comics-superheroes-exclusive-1201218302/

I think they've already come out with a figure set for both Arrow and the Billy Wintergreen version of Deathstroke.

I wonder how they would pull off Blue Beetle.

Probably a costume similar to The Flash's. Or maybe go with the more modern Jaime Reyes look.

remember
Blue_Beetle_Borg.jpg

Daniel Dreiberg, aka Nite Owl keep dreaming
Nite_Owl_film.png

What absolute garbage that was. They basically turned him into Ironman. If we ever get Blue Beetle on a show again, they need to look at things like Kamen Rider and Guyver for examples, on how to do a Blue Beetle costume.

QM9RLWX.jpg

mGH8ebL.jpg

He needs to look as sleek as possible, and not like a bi-pedal tank. He isn't supposed to super threatening. And his armor doesn't look like obvious armor either. It's all more organic.

They need to start with a simple suit, like scuba divers wear, but with additional layers to give it all that riveted (is that the right word?) look. And on top of that, you put the armored parts, the chest piece, the back antlers, etc.

This is how he's supposed to look.

ZZf0qLU.png

This is how close fans get with a limited budget. And at the same time, they are freaking creative, because they give the armored parts that chitin, bug look.

4homZ1r.jpg

Give a good cosplayer the same budget that these designers working on TV shows have, and they could probably come up with something really amazing.

Again, this them with their own limited budget.

NjeS94n.jpg

xbfh9gT.jpg

With Gotham ,I don't think there is any chance of Batman, most probably Ted Kord.Hopefully, the lady is Shiva.

Maybe it's Dick Grayson, hmm? Because the guy from TVD has certainly been petitioning for that role. :woot:

But yeah. On paper, it sounds more like Ted Kord. And incidentally, we've seen his company before. As for what his outfit looks like, I reckon it will be reminiscent of a motorcycle outfit, with a leather jacket and a helmet with a beetle design painted on it. He'll probably sport the scarab design as a backpack that will serve some sort of function.

Toshi and Aiko....Hmmmm, I wonder if Toshi might be a character created for the show and Aiko is Lady Shiva? I was going to suggest Sportsmaster and Cheshire but it seems both characters will be Asian.

No reason why the character's race can't be changed to match the setting.

Seth sounds intriguing, a chemistry mastermind and someone who is a physical match for Oliver. :hmm

Hmmm... Could it be Bane?

Last edited:
Plot twist: They asked for Ted Kord and got Bruce Wayne instead! :woot:

Seriously though: Although I don't see DC giving them the possibility to show Bruce, I could see them going like: "We don't want to give you Nightwing 'cause we envision the Batman in your Arrowverse to be younger", therefore allowing them a Bruce-cameo or something.

That said the casting sounds like Kord (the tragic past could be losing his mentor, the comic's original Beetle).
Didn't anyone think that the "willpower-draining" part in the villain's description sounded interesting. I mean, the concept of willpower and directly attacking/ grabbing willpower from others smells somehow like a GL setup for future seasons, having a potential common enemy).

"Exposes them to a drug that drains their willpower."

"He is very much a physical match for The Arrow."

Neither of those descriptions really match the Scarecrow. Scarecrow is all about using drugs to manipulate/amplify people's greatest fears. It has nothing to do with willpower. And another big part of Scarecrow's character is that he's not physical imposing. In fact, he's rather weak and brittle. He's certainly no match for a badass like GA.

Hopefully Seth isn't some grounded version of Parasite

Ted Kord seems like the obvious choice since they've already mentioned Kord enterprises on the show a few times but Blue Beetle doesn't sound like a second choice character that they would have to settle for. You would think that they always planned to have him appear because of the name drops.

just watched video of Barrowmans panel at Phoenix Comic Con and someone asked about a necklace he was wearing in the finale. I never noticed that before.

and Barrowman said
that is there for a reason.
Story.jpg

Mirakuru? for some reason I keep thinking that maybe mirakuru has something to do with the Lazarus Pit, and could explain how Merlyn has it.

No reason why the character's race can't be changed to match the setting.

Very true, I mean they've changed races in reverse before.

Hmmm... Could it be Bane?

He crossed my mind but Bane uses chemicals to enhance himself not destroy his oppositions willpower, plus Bane/Venom might be too similar to Deathstroke/Mirakuru to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"