Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
hr_Licensing_Expo_2014_55.jpg

I didn't know where else to put this, but apparently, there was a Oliver/Felicity kiss cut from the season 2 finale:

sorayaesrtela: a lot of rumors that a #Olicity kiss was cut from season finale. Could you find the truth?
We can confirm that there was in fact a kiss filmed between Oliver and Felicity for Arrow's season two finale that ultimately hit the cutting room floor. But it was pre-reveal that Ollie's "I love you" was just a ploy (But was it really?!) to trick Slade, so that doesn't really count, right? Right?!

As far as Count Vertigo goes, what if we get him in as "The Count's" father or uncle looking for revenge?

Or maybe he is pissed that some copycat is using his name..

SQUEEAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!

I bet is lego..

Arrow Season 3 Premiere Excites Fans:
Harley Quinn, The Flash, New Black Canary, Malcolm Merlyn and Red Arrow Updates

link

I just started watching the show. Good to see he's legit.

I bet is lego..

An Arrow lego set would be a great way to help put the character out there. Maybe even a role in The Lego Movie 2 would be a big deal for the character and the show.

Screw any of the GL rumors, just give me Oded Fehr as Ra's and I'm happy.

"Arrow" lost about 18% of the domestic "live" viewers over the course of season two. I presume that this is a pretty normal evolution, since most shows lose viewers as the seasons progress. Should we worry about the future of "Arrow" if the ratings continue to go down? I'm sure that the network will give it a fourth season, for syndication, and many CW shows seem to soldier on with even lower ratings. However, "Arrow" must be a pretty costly show to produce (special effects, many outdoor shots, stunts etc), so maybe I'm being too optimistic...I guess there is a limit when the show ceases to be profitable for the network, and when it reaches that limit it will be cancelled. Finally, do you think there might be other reasons for the slump, than the normal decrease in viewers?

"Arrow" lost about 18% of the domestic "live" viewers over the course of season two. I presume that this is a pretty normal evolution, since most shows lose viewers as the seasons progress. Should we worry about the future of "Arrow" if the ratings continue to go down? I'm sure that the network will give it a fourth season, for syndication, and many CW shows seem to soldier on with even lower ratings. However, "Arrow" must be a pretty costly show to produce (special effects, many outdoor shots, stunts etc), so maybe I'm being too optimistic...I guess there is a limit when the show ceases to be profitable for the network, and when it reaches that limit it will be cancelled. Finally, do you think there might be other reasons for the slump, than the normal decrease in viewers?

There is another reason. I read somewhere that Arrow is one of the top pirated TV shows that airs during the Fall-Spring line-up. But if I remember right, Smallville and Supernatural are right up there with Arrow in terms of piracy (I'll try and find a link, but if someone gets to that before me that's great), and both those shows got renewals.

Here's the Nielsen rankings for Smallville:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Smallville_episodes#Nielsen_rankings

And here's the ones for Supernatural:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Supernatural_episodes#Nielsen_ratings

Season 9 and Season 1 for Smallville had the lowest Nielsen ratings as far as the finales go, and we know more people generally tune in for finales. Supernatural's 7th Season had the lowest Nielsen rankings at barely past 2 million.

I would guess that Arrow would have to strike below 1.50 million viewers before the network would consider cancelling it, especially since Smallville had A LOT of outdoor shots itself and Supernatural jumps all over the U.S., so to speak.

There is another reason. I read somewhere that Arrow is one of the top pirated TV shows that airs during the Fall-Spring line-up. But if I remember right, Smallville and Supernatural are right up there with Arrow in terms of piracy (I'll try and find a link, but if someone gets to that before me that's great), and both those shows got renewals.

Here's the Nielsen rankings for Smallville:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Smallville_episodes#Nielsen_rankings

And here's the ones for Supernatural:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Supernatural_episodes#Nielsen_ratings

Season 9 and Season 1 for Smallville had the lowest Nielsen ratings as far as the finales go, and we know more people generally tune in for finales. Supernatural's 7th Season had the lowest Nielsen rankings at barely past 2 million.

I would guess that Arrow would have to strike below 1.50 million viewers before the network would consider cancelling it, especially since Smallville had A LOT of outdoor shots itself and Supernatural jumps all over the U.S., so to speak.

Your right in 2013 it was the number ten most pirated show. Here is my source http://www.cbsnews.com/news/game-of-thrones-tops-2013-list-of-most-pirated-tv-shows/

2014 it was number 4 here is the source http://variety.com/2014/digital/news/most-pirated-tv-shows-networks-dominated-by-broadcasters-1201165817/

Last edited:
I didn't know where else to put this, but apparently, there was a Oliver/Felicity kiss cut from the season 2 finale:

sorayaesrtela: a lot of rumors that a #Olicity kiss was cut from season finale. Could you find the truth?
We can confirm that there was in fact a kiss filmed between Oliver and Felicity for Arrow's season two finale that ultimately hit the cutting room floor. But it was pre-reveal that Ollie's "I love you" was just a ploy (But was it really?!) to trick Slade, so that doesn't really count, right? Right?!

It's probably for the best. The shipper fans were annoyed enough as is, this would sent them over the top. That said, it would have made the scene more convincing to Slade in a practical sense.

It also explains Ollie's dialogue in the final scene of the year, where he tells Felicity that she was convincing in the moment , too. In what we saw on screen, she largely just stood there.

Can't wait for the new season. It's going to be cool to see how Arrow and Flash tie in to each other throughout their respective shows. Even things like phone calls or such would be cool just so we feel like they are connected

While I have some reservations as to what direction they could go in season three with certain people (not going to say as I know it'll start an arguement)... I am looking forward to what they do with any potential cross-over'ing with Flash & Arrow (sounds like a detective service).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"