Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Constantine in Arrow, awesome, first good news :D
https://twitter.com/mattryanreal
I thought it would never happen.

33moebm.jpg

Also, Guggenheim Addresses Some Concerns

Good to know the writers aren't just oblivious to the things that weren't working.

Nice to see them at least acknowledge some things but can he not talk more about Felicity/Olicity?

Last edited:
John Constantine will appear in the fifth episode of Arrow's upcoming fourth season, according to a new statement released by The CW.

In the episode, titled "Haunted," the network says: John Constantine is a weather worn exorcist and expert on the supernatural and the occult. He is a detective, magician, and a hunter of demons, and will provide critical support to Oliver (Stephen Amell) when arrows aren't enough.

"We are thrilled to have Matt Ryan reprise the role of John Constantine on an upcoming episode of Arrow," said executive producer Marc Guggenheim. "Matt is an incredibly talented actor and his portrayal of this beloved character was always something we admired. The introduction of magic and mysticism on the show this season has provided a truly organic opportunity for us to bring John Constantine to Arrow and the CW’s DC Universe. It will be a well-deserved tip of the hat to all the Constantine fans who were so incredibly supportive of that series."

Arrow returns on October 7 with new episodes airing Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT on The CW.
:jd:

The creators did say they wanted to bring her back last season but couldn't. Hopefully she does come back and gets a true closer.

Awesome. I've been wanting the character to get a redemption arc. I kind of hoped she'd show up last season when Vinnie Jones took over the Glades.

Wow, GREAT news about Constantine. I may watch the entire series before that episode airs. I'll admit, I never thought it was even a possiblity...but hey why the Heck not right?

Also, glad to see Guggenheim acknowledge the problems with last season. Hopefully this nee Coast City storyline will get us back on track to compelling flashbacks. The China ones last season were completely boring and added nothing of real value to Ollie's journey imo.

Wow, GREAT news about Constantine. I may watch the entire series before that episode airs. I'll admit, I never thought it was even a possiblity...but hey why the Heck not right?

Also, glad to see Guggenheim acknowledge the problems with last season. Hopefully this nee Coast City storyline will get us back on track to compelling flashbacks. The China ones last season were completely boring and added nothing of real value to Ollie's journey imo.

I think the Hong Kong flashbacks were entirely for the purpose of helping us get to know Tatsu and Maseo so they could integrate them more effectively into the modern-day storyline. Oliver even being there was almost incidental.

Looking forward to season 4 a little more now. Hopefully it's better than season 3!

Thrilled that Constantine is joining. Now just bring The Spectre along with him.

Season 3 was still good imo. Season 4 is shaping up to be the best one yet though.

The Anti-Vigilante Task Force! Finally, something new and different! :awesome:

[BLACKOUT]Just kidding. Do your thing, Arrow.[/BLACKOUT]

Well, I mean, considering the s***show Ollie made out of things last season, it makes sense.

But yeah, been there done that.

The Anti-Vigilante Task Force! Finally, something new and different! :awesome:

[BLACKOUT]Just kidding. Do your thing, Arrow.[/BLACKOUT]

but the task force won't be like season 1......there probably some influence by HIVE controlling higher ranking members of the department to stop GA speedy BC so the plans can be set in place

Well, I mean, considering the s***show Ollie made out of things last season, it makes sense.

But yeah, been there done that.

I sure there will be something new about the task force. City hall and the PD probably dont' trust these vigilantes after the killing of criminals.....

Season 3 was still good imo. Season 4 is shaping up to be the best one yet though.

Agreed season 3 was still good at least for me. It just wasn't as good or my favorite yet. That still goes to season 2.

captainthomerica asked:
So, today there's been several casting announcements and I'm just curious; will we hear anything about any new characters that will be interacting heavily with Laurel?

I think you can expect some significant Constantine/Laurel interaction.

lindsayshalstead asked:
can you hint out any laurel/oliver scenes? will we see them bonding again (doesn't have to be romantic - i wish but yeah)

Episode 405 is the episode for you.

queencanaries asked:
Do you think the introduction and use of the Lazarus Pit has made death no longer a believable end to a character's story or do you think that exploring the consequences of being brought back will prompt characters to cancel the Lazarus Pit out in future times of loss as they don't want to see their loved ones go through whatever the consequences are? For example, after seeing Sara/Thea go through what they're going through, the idea of bringing Moira or Tommy back is a flat-out "nope."

We’re going to be addressing the Tommy and Moira of it head on in multiple ways.

Marc Guggenheim

[YT]Uz1KXqGbW6s[/YT]

[YT]ApAT848X9L4[/YT]

Agreed about the season 3 flashbacks, they were lacking compared to the flashbacks in the first 2 seasons. I used to look forward to them but they got a bit tedious in season 3. This is even more evident to me re-watching season 1 at the moment.

Interesting points there Primal Slayer.

I definitely don't want the Lazarus Pit to become Arrow's version of the Dragon Balls.

Also that article further up, saying that Felicity will be more stable is a relief. Excited for the flashbacks too, but they're gonna have to do some serious work to better the Slade/Oli/Sara/Shado arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"