Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
On another note, I'm hoping that Diggie's current mask/helmet evolves into something like this...

fla214a_0171b.jpg

So Malcomb became Jaime Lannister.

This show has really falling off the rails man. Also Is it me or are they digitally trying make the arrow costume pop with more brighter green? it seems in some action scenes his chest is glowing and the pants are still black.

This show has really falling off the rails man. Also Is it me or are they digitally trying make the arrow costume pop with more brighter green? it seems in some action scenes his chest is glowing and the pants are still black.

I noticed the exact same thing, yeah.

lets not forget Oliver's son all of a sudden is the most important person :o

Sawyer and Krypton are going to be thrilled :hehe:

oh and Lance... randomly letting Oliver and Diggle into a crime scene in front of people lol

I say the William thing is another misdirect. If this show had its season 1 balls, they'd off Diggle. He's barely in it anymore, so let's at least give him a bang finish.

I say the William thing is another misdirect. If this show had its season 1 balls, they'd off Diggle. He's barely in it anymore, so let's at least give him a bang finish.

They can off the entire team for all I care

He's Ra's Al Ghul.

Also, Moira could've told him back in the day. They were in evil cahoots after all.

I guess but it comes off as lazy quick writing with no real build to it. A simple scene of malcolm over hearing or finding a piece of paper or even having one of his ninjas following oliver to central city would have been all the audience needed to set that up in an acceptable way.

oh and Lance... randomly letting Oliver and Diggle into a crime scene in front of people lol

I noticed that too but it seems at this point no one in this city cares anymore

I guess but it comes off as lazy quick writing with no real build to it. A simple scene of malcolm over hearing or finding a piece of paper or even having one of his ninjas following oliver to central city would have been all the audience needed to set that up in an acceptable way.
There's no need to waste time with that, though. See, you presented all acceptable scenarios we can assume happened offscreen. What's the real point of showing it? It's a waste of screentime. Not every little thing needs to be spelled out.

You are absolutely right... except when it is some really stupid ass bull ****....

:mnm:

Is there any reason why Malcolm wouldn't know? I mean, it's not exactly a Pentagon secret. Sure, Ollie didn't know, but he was an idiot back when Moira swept it under the rug.

Even before he became Ra's, Malcolm was very resourceful. After he left Starling due to his supposed death in season 1, he still had resources in Starling. He was able to get Moira acquitted in a trial where everyone thought she would be sentenced to death and he was also able to find out that Thea's daughter. The writing was consistent with how the character was written before.

There's no need to waste time with that, though. See, you presented all acceptable scenarios we can assume happened offscreen. What's the real point of showing it? It's a waste of screentime. Not every little thing needs to be spelled out.

You need those little moments to setup a scene though otherwise it comes off as random. Oliver being able to do sword fighting the way he can is off screen by ras is ok because we know he was training. Malcolm randomly having info on olivers son is something you need to show the audience as a idea story plant. It builds tension and creates drama knowing a villian has that intel and we the audience know that but the hero doesnt. If there gonna have a wasted scene with felicity and her boring dad they can have malcolm finding out about olivers kid. Atleast the malcolm part would have potential.

You need those little moments to setup a scene though otherwise it comes off as random. Oliver being able to do sword fighting the way he can is off screen by ras is ok because we know he was training. Malcolm randomly having info on olivers son is something you need to show the audience as a idea story plant. It builds tension and creates drama knowing a villian has that intel and we the audience know that but the hero doesnt. If there gonna have a wasted scene with felicity and her boring dad they can have malcolm finding out about olivers kid. Atleast the malcolm part would have potential.
But the second we see Malcolm getting that info, then it becomes pretty obvious that he'll use it against him. It doesn't really create tension, it kills the twist.

Is there any reason why Malcolm wouldn't know? I mean, it's not exactly a Pentagon secret. Sure, Ollie didn't know, but he was an idiot back when Moira swept it under the rug.

i was only speaking about 'things needing to be spelled out' in more than just this scenario... this scenario needs to be spelled out because all of a sudden Oliver's son matters lol. its a very annoying sub plot that should have stayed dead with moira dying to conserve how great of a character moira actually was... IMO. i just dont like the entire thing being brought back at all.

Even before he became Ra's, Malcolm was very resourceful. After he left Starling due to his supposed death in season 1, he still had resources in Starling. He was able to get Moira acquitted in a trial where everyone thought she would be sentenced to death and he was also able to find out that Thea's daughter. The writing was consistent with how the character was written before.

Yea but he was more in moiras life the whole time and they were even lovers at one point. Ollive didnt tell anyone except felicity about a kid in another city. Malcolms good but he aint phsysic and Im calling the writers out. Atleast with the flash they plant the seeds for tension with characters and show us the info learning scenes, it ls basic story telling and drama building.

i was only speaking about 'things needing to be spelled out' in more than just this scenario... this scenario needs to be spelled out because all of a sudden Oliver's son matters lol. its a very annoying sub plot that should have stayed dead with moira dying to conserve how great of a character moira actually was... IMO. i just dont like the entire thing being brought back at all.
Well, that's an entirely different discussion, but, of course William matters. They made a point of it when Ollie went to visit them in Central City. He cares, a lot.

Yea but he was more in moiras life the whole time and they were even lovers at one point. Ollive didnt tell anyone except felicity about a kid in another city. Malcolms good but he aint phsysic and Im calling the writers out. Atleast with the flash they plant the seeds for tension with characters and show us the info learning scenes, it ls basic story telling and drama building.
And who was it that paid the baby's momma to leave town? Moira. Not exactly rocket science.

But the second we see Malcolm getting that info, then it becomes pretty obvious that he'll use it against him. It doesn't really create tension, it kills the twist.

Well I mean this aint saw, at the time too malcolm would be content being ras and you still have that twist of him helping darhk because as far as we know malcolm didnt like darhk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"