Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, at least we have "The Flash" and "Legends of Tomorrow" to enjoy from the CW-DCTV Universe.

Am I the only one who thinks the death was a fake out? I mean the cutting of it was just weird. She makes Oliver promise her something, then it cuts away to the group outside. We get some brief dialogue then we see the doctor go inside to resuscitate her. We don't see the exact point where the seizures trigger, and we don't see what she made Oliver promise. This seems synonymous to a lot of death fake outs.

It's all got me wondering about those rumors with regards to Cassidy.

This definitely reminds me of the Smallville Days. I remember on how I kept hearing that one of the reasons why both Michael and Kristin (Lex and Lana) didn't want to come back as regulars for Smallville after Season 7 was because of how badly Miles and Gough were misusing their characters. You can even watch a few videos online of Michael (post SV) mentioning on how he'd get frustrated over the decisions that the producers would make regarding his character and how it didn't make sense for him. Plus having to constantly shave his head for 7 years wasn't easy.

And I know that Kristin didn't want to come back after Season 7, but due to the Writer's strike that took place, was contractually obligated to fill out 5 more episodes on the show.

Am I the only one who thinks the death was a fake out? I mean the cutting of it was just weird. She makes Oliver promise her something, then it cuts away to the group outside. We get some brief dialogue then we see the doctor go inside to resuscitate her. We don't see the exact point where the seizures trigger, and we don't see what she made Oliver promise. This seems synonymous to a lot of death fake outs.

Yeah the way the scene was cut felt off but going with what MG said, the death is "permanent" so I think it is.

If laurel is out then I'm done. Unless Felicity is somehow out as well, balance each other out I suppose. It just proves Arrow can not handle their characters. I gave them a chance after least years season because it seemed like they were going to at least try to get their **** together. But they are killing one of the few okay characters still on the show, and I'm pretty sure she's only okay because their plans to hook her up with Grant failed when the actor bailed.
I was hoping we would get a BoP show later.

"I'll never be the love of your life... but you were always the love of mine."

AHA

"To all Olicity haters: **** you."

Got it. So Laurel has teamed up with Oliver to fake Black Canaries death, meanwhile she accepts the job Nora Darhk as Mayor has given Laurel so she can get into the inner circle. (why/how Darhk wouldnt know she's related to Captain Lance is beyond me)

Darhk knows Laurel is the black canary though. so. nope.

I feel like everything I used to like about this show is just being sucked out of the show and replaced by annoying Felicity scenes. This even includes Felicity scenes. It's tough letting go but this show is no longer enjoyable. Maybe I'll check in when season 5 starts but I just don't know. I don't really care about anything this show has to offer right now.

i plan to be done with it after this season. just sticking with it until the finale... then I'll come back when the flashbacks get to the pilot episode point.

So Felicity will be this show Chloe Sullivan. A character once fun and adorkable side character now turned into an insufferable self rightous, b###ing and moaning character so perfect in the eyes of the producers that they will force her as much as possible in every damn scenes.

Arrow was once a fun and fresh show compared to the stalling of Smallville which was dragged for so long.... but now Arrow = Smallville in its worst period.

This definitely reminds me of the Smallville Days. I remember on how I kept hearing that one of the reasons why both Michael and Kristin (Lex and Lana) didn't want to come back as regulars for Smallville after Season 7 was because of how badly Miles and Gough were misusing their characters. You can even watch a few videos online of Michael (post SV) mentioning on how he'd get frustrated over the decisions that the producers would make regarding his character and how it didn't make sense for him. Plus having to constantly shave his head for 7 years wasn't easy.

And I know that Kristin didn't want to come back after Season 7, but due to the Writer's strike that took place, was contractually obligated to fill out 5 more episodes on the show.

What exactly did Kreuk have to complain about? Miles and Al were in love with Lana to the point they kept focus on her much longer than was needed.

I kind of wish fans and journalists would actually bring up on how terribly written Felicity has been for most of this season, let alone on how much everything else has taken a back seat to the forced Olicity drama.

I honestly can't think of a show like "Arrow", that started out great for 2 seasons but went completely down the gutter because of an obsession that the writers have with a single female character and her relationship with the main protagonist. And that's not really the only issue.

Laurel's muted convo with Oliver probably had to do with repairing Olicity

Haven't liked Laurel since season 1... Good riddance.

It was the best episode in a long while, and then they decide to have Laurel's last lines pander to Olicity shippers, Olicity has an amazing ability to trainwreck the show in mere seconds. I'm done with Arrow now, killing off two Black Canaries in two seasons is just insulting to me as a fan of the comics.

Yeah, that pandering was pathetic, and the cynical Marc Guggenheim said:

Guggenheim: By the way, we knew that it would enrage a lot of people. We're not immune to the 'shipping, and we're not immune to the internet controversy. When I say immune, we're not blind to it. But we've never made decisions on the show, creatively, because of the internet.

We recognize that Black Canary and Laurel have an incredibly loyal fan base, and Katie has an incredibly loyal fan base, but the show has never been just about the comic book history or just about one or two particular fan bases. We make the creative choices we feel benefit the show as a whole, and the story that we're telling overall.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...ars-discuss-how-spoiler-ended-up-in-the-grave

:whatever:

That's pure BS, they didn't have the guts to kill off Felicity, too afraid of a very particular fan base.

This guy is not a fan of the Green Arrow mythos nor Black Canary, she didn't even used the Canary Cry on her last episode, WTF!! They have butchered both characters, turning Oliver Queen into a cheap, crappy version of Bruce Wayne, even Diggle was made a moron by hiding the stone in his apartment, beyond stupid, that thing should've been hidden somewhere neutral, not anybody's home.

They have no credibility left, even if Earth-1 Laurel doesn't return, they already have Earth-2 Laurel ready:

On the permanence of Laurel's death in DC's TV universe:

Guggenheim: There's a world where we do an episode where Oliver Queen meets the Laurel Lance of Earth-2 -- that's now on the table. Time travel is now on the table. As the show has evolved, so has death, and I'll leave it to you guys to decide if death is more or less impactful as a result.

There are other ways to make a character disappear temporarily, but I digress.

It seems they're just saving money by having Katie Cassidy as a guest star only from now on. Whatever the reason, lets not forget DC Comics is the owner of these characters, they're the ones letting these producers/writers do all this, DC has the main responsibility.

I kind of wish fans and journalists would actually bring up on how terribly written Felicity has been for most of this season, let alone on how much everything else has taken a back seat to the forced Olicity drama.

I honestly can't think of a show like "Arrow", that started out great for 2 seasons but went completely down the gutter because of an obsession that the writers have with a single female character and her relationship with the main protagonist. And that's not really the only issue.
well there was a college prime time drama series called "Felicity" and she had this insane obsession with a guy named Ben which starred the female lead of the she show called the Americans the act's name is Carrie Rusell and this was parodied in animated series called undergrads .

The show was indeed that annoying lol , and didn't last up 5 seasons thank god. you swhoule look the show up.

but that wasn't an action show. mark Guggenheim must have really wanted to resurrect the show "Felicity" show in some level. May be. it's the only show that has these things you state. it was a show of the mide/late 90's

Yeah, that pandering was pathetic, and the cynical Marc Guggenheim said:

:whatever:

That's pure BS, they didn't have the guts to kill off Felicity, too afraid of a very particular fan base.

This guy is not a fan of the Green Arrow mythos nor Black Canary, she didn't even used the Canary Cry on her last episode, WTF!! They have butchered both characters, turning Oliver Queen into a cheap, crappy version of Bruce Wayne, even Diggle was made a moron by hiding the stone in his apartment, beyond stupid, that thing should've been hidden somewhere neutral, not anybody's home.

They have no credibility left, even if Earth-1 Laurel doesn't return, they already have Earth-2 Laurel ready:

There are other ways to make a character disappear temporarily, but I digress.

It seems they're just saving money by having Katie Cassidy as a guest star only from now on. Whatever the reason, lets not forget DC Comics is the owner of these characters, they're the ones letting these producers/writers do all this, DC has the main responsibility.

I don't really think WB is responsible for making sure CW used it characters properly. The main responsibility falls on the show runners. It's not really even DC's place to say anything regarding how a show uses characters they've already been given permission to use.

Yeah journalists are noticing I read a piece on tvline I think. He brought up why one of the last words Laurel says to Oliver is make it right with Felicity.

Alrighty, Buckles is gone. And I hope it stays this way. No resurrection, time travel shenanigans, or bringing her over from Earth-2. Not only because I dislike the character, but because they wouldn't be able to do the character justice. And you all know it's true. Even Sara, who many liked and preferred over Laurel, wasn't safe from the relationship drama. And with Olicity in full swing, no other secondary female will get any attention.

Maybe they should also remove Thea, so we're back to the original Team Arrow. I still want that Birds of Prey spin-off with Sara, Thea, Katana and Vixen.

So Felicity will be this show Chloe Sullivan. A character once fun and adorkable side character now turned into an insufferable self rightous, b###ing and moaning character so perfect in the eyes of the producers that they will force her as much as possible in every damn scenes.

Arrow was once a fun and fresh show compared to the stalling of Smallville which was dragged for so long.... but now Arrow = Smallville in its worst period.
Even SV in it's worst period was better than Arrow now. Have a very great day!

God bless you! God bless everyone!

Alrighty, Buckles is gone. And I hope it stays this way. No resurrection, time travel shenanigans, or bringing her over from Earth-2. Not only because I dislike the character, but because they wouldn't be able to do the character justice. And you all know it's true. Even Sara, who many liked and preferred over Laurel, wasn't safe from the relationship drama. And with Olicity in full swing, no other secondary female will get any attention.

Maybe they should also remove Thea, so we're back to the original Team Arrow. I still want that Birds of Prey spin-off with Sara, Thea, Katana and Vixen.

I dunno... it would kind of feel odd without at least one character having a bird-themed code name. Personally, my choice would've been for Laurel, Thea and Nyssa; with Mr Universe as Boswell... erm, I mean Oracle. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"