Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what's funny is that at some point everyone on this show would have died or almost died �� I'm reading the reasoning behind the person's death is because of conflict off screen with Stephen Amell; also reading said person left a previous show due to wanting more money, so maybe this person is just a big headache to deal with off screen.

You know what's funny is that at some point everyone on this show would have died or almost died �� I'm reading the reasoning behind the person's death is because of conflict off screen with Stephen Amell; also reading said person left a previous show due to wanting more money, so maybe this person is just a big headache to deal with off screen.

Considering the so-called source about the conflict is a two-bit site prone towards gossip more than anything and also claimed Colton Haynes' departure was due to "conflict with Stephen Amell" when they announced upon making him a regular that he was only signed on through Season 3, I wouldn't put too much stock in that "report".

Since the previous show was likely on the CW, if said person was such a headache, they would never have hired her on for this show in the first place.

In other words, utilize your critical thinking skills.

In situations like this, it is very easy to make up stuff.

Conflict off screen between KC/SA? When they do cons together and talk about her saving him from going postal on someone? K.

In situations like this, it is very easy to make up stuff.

Very true. But one only has to apply critical thinking skills and research to find the reality.

And since I realize that my previous post was somewhat vague on the KC/financial issues front which comes from her departure as Ruby on Supernatural: having looked into it before now, my understanding was that, like so many other CW shows, they had to make budget cuts and it was cheaper to find someone cheaper to play Ruby. If you take a look at their credits, KC has more experience and is paid accordingly. KC has several film and television credits. The more experience, the better the pay.

Very true. But one only has to apply critical thinking skills and research to find the reality.

And since I realize that my previous post was somewhat vague on the KC/financial issues front which comes from her departure as Ruby on Supernatural: having looked into it before now, my understanding was that, like so many other CW shows, they had to make budget cuts and it was cheaper to find someone cheaper to play Ruby. If you take a look at their credits, KC has more experience and is paid accordingly. KC has several film and television credits. The more experience, the better the pay.

I mean, when you think about it, you never know. It could be true and it is definitely possible. Maybe Katie is a massive headache for everyone working on the show, and they just want to get rid of her because she is making their lives hell everyday. Maybe this "source" is right. We will never really know for sure and we cant prove that it is not true.

On the other hand, maybe Guggenheim has an irrational hatred of puppies and kittens. He might keep some around, and order everyone on set to choke them before they are allowed to do any scenes, and anyone who refuses is forced to write ten pages of "Olicity" fan-fiction which will then be used as the storyline for an upcoming episode. Maybe Katie just wants to escape from all of that and asked them to kill off her character. It is definitely possible. I heard this from my "source", who will remain unnamed because he doesn't exist wanted to remain anonymous. We will never really know for sure and we cant prove that it is not true.

Last edited:
Curtis/Echo has been upped to a regular for s5. The bird will fly the coop while the tech genius moves in.

Curtis being on the team makes sense if Felicity leaves or dies otherwise this doesn't make a lot of sense.

Great. More quirky and "adorkable" scenes with Felicity and Curtis. Oh joy.

I don't mind Felicity/Curtis "adorkable"-ness. They're fine. The only problem with Felicity is Olicity. Her "adorkable" moments are when she's at her best.

But more interesting...why do they need two tech geeks? Either Curtis is going to learn to fight (or Felicity is–please no), Felicity's leaving the team for reals and will continue as Palmer Tech's CEO but not a TA member, or...what? What else makes sense? Felicity leaving–and TA downsizing even further–might actually be a welcome change.

Any 7 letter word for rectum with internet access can make up a rumor. This is just one to justify the bad behavior of the Felicity nuts.

I have to say, I don't get it, it could be money, but KC seemed to really enjoy the show. Yeah, This is going to make them look bad for sure.

I have to say, I don't get it, it could be money, but KC seemed to really enjoy the show. Yeah, This is going to make them look bad for sure.

Oh, when it comes to Arrow, I don't think its got to do with money at all. With Supernatural, yes, it did. But they (Arrow) signed her on as the female lead; they knew she was a bit more expensive than some of the other actresses that frequent CW shows because of her wider range in film and TV. When they renegotiated contracts they could have changed her status (since supposedly EBR is now leading lady she should technically be billed second), since by that time EBR's 'importance' to the show had heightened. So if it was financial, they would've dealt with it during contract re-negotiations and adjusted billing accordingly.

No, if they are indeed killing off Laurel, its because of the following:

1. They royally screwed up but rather than be adults and admit this, they want to kill her off and maybe bring in a different version from Earth-2 who will go on to be a hero, erasing four years' worth of character development.

2. Guggenheim and his crew of hack writers seem to have the opinion the loudest voice are the most populous (which if you take a look at anything, whether it be entertainment, politics, or religion, is NEVER the case) so they do whatever the dwellers of Twitter and Tumblr want.

Oh, when it comes to Arrow, I don't think its got to do with money at all. With Supernatural, yes, it did. But they (Arrow) signed her on as the female lead; they knew she was a bit more expensive than some of the other actresses that frequent CW shows because of her wider range in film and TV. When they renegotiated contracts they could have changed her status (since supposedly EBR is now leading lady she should technically be billed second), since by that time EBR's 'importance' to the show had heightened. So if it was financial, they would've dealt with it during contract re-negotiations and adjusted billing accordingly.

No, if they are indeed killing off Laurel, its because of the following:

1. They royally screwed up but rather than be adults and admit this, they want to kill her off and maybe bring in a different version from Earth-2 who will go on to be a hero, erasing four years' worth of character development.

2. Guggenheim and his crew of hack writers seem to have the opinion the loudest voice are the most populous (which if you take a look at anything, whether it be entertainment, politics, or religion, is NEVER the case) so they do whatever the dwellers of Twitter and Tumblr want.

I find it quite unlikely that they will do that.

Curious, how many people have quit watching the show by now? I know that I can say for a fact that I've pretty much given up watching the show (I haven't seen the last two episodes).

I still can't believe that what started with so much promise was neutered in the end by the likes of Felicity (post Season 2) and the show's obsession over her.

Honestly, when I watch some of Season 2's episodes, I still find it hard to believe that the show has reduced so much in its quality. Heck, even just watching Season 2 Felicity makes it so surreal to me on how my once favorite female character on this show has become the show's current form of poison.

is Arrow off this week too?

Curious, how many people have quit watching the show by now? I know that I can say for a fact that I've pretty much given up watching the show (I haven't seen the last two episodes).

I still can't believe that what started with so much promise was neutered in the end by the likes of Felicity (post Season 2) and the show's obsession over her.

Honestly, when I watch some of Season 2's episodes, I still find it hard to believe that the show has reduced so much in its quality. Heck, even just watching Season 2 Felicity makes it so surreal to me on how my once favorite female character on this show has become the show's current form of poison.

I've quit watching it any fashion that gives them ratings and suggests approval (DVR, website, etc.). Like you, I've gone back and watched episodes from Season 1 and Season 2 and been astonished at the amount of quality storytelling there, in comparison to the current season. Which is why I will always stand by my view that the drop in quality is due to the departure of Kreisberg and Berlanti, who now only get involved for crossovers and big decisions. Which is one reason why I'm still kinda hopeful they didn't decide to kill Laurel.... I would picture killing off a regular whose been with the show since the beginning would be considered a big decision, turning point, etc.

great so we get to endure more felicity ass raping without some flash enjoyment.

Despite the fact that it is likely there will be a death that people will be unhappy about, I expect this episode to be a fast-paced, action-packed one. I expect it to be a good episode, despite it probably having a sad ending for a character that is one of my favourites, and has been since season 1.

It's been a while, but I started listening to the most recent episode Quiver: The Green Arrow Podcast, and man, those two there just outright refused to commentate over the Cupid episode. I was actually expecting them to boycott the last episode.

They do provide some great insight though, and while they don't like to comment on rumors, they did mention the one about Laurel and it sounds like KC might've asked out of her contract because her role has been reduced greatly than what was promised at the start of the series.

Normally, that might sound like a Diva move, but as they point out, she has reached a point in her career where she can play that card, and she has a very strong case for doing so. As the female lead, she got pushed to the side for another character that played her superhero role, and then pushed to the back by another character that plays her romantic. personal role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"