Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of all the villains that appeared on the show so far, he's the only one I can't stand at all. And of course he survives. He should have died instead of Firefly. Hopefully he gets a personality adjustment, should he ever return.

When I read the Thea comments it warms my heart knowing that clearly the people making them suffered no serious trauma in their lives as a child. :)

Tons of people in the show have had horrible stuff happen to them, but she's the only one that b**ches and moans at every turn. You can be the biggest ***hole or an absolute saint with only her best interest on your mind, she'll find a way to ruin your day.

Man I don't get it, Thea has such a great personality. she is basically the star of the show! haha

When I read the Thea comments it warms my heart knowing that clearly the people making them suffered no serious trauma in their lives as a child. :)

Don't act like you aren't defending her solely on the basis of her hotness. :o

Tons of people in the show have had horrible stuff happen to them, but she's the only one that b**ches and moans at every turn. You can be the biggest ***hole or an absolute saint with only her best interest on your mind, she'll find a way to ruin your day.

Were any of them 11 when their father and brother were killed? Then suddenly the brother returns covered in scars with no explanation, her mother marries another guy, then the guy who had been a good stepfather is mysteriously taken and she's only just turned 18, that's a LOT of **** for anyone let alone a kid.

Don't act like you aren't defending her solely on the basis of her hotness. :o

You mean the way you defend Charlie? I'm simply saying you lot talk like you have no idea about loss at a young age and frankly want this show to be all Ollie with his bow running around the city fighting for 42 minutes. I'm responding because this juvenile **** happens in every show thread on here, whether it's Lori and Andrea in TWD, Thea and Laurel on Arrow or Charlie on Revolution, it's like there's a mini reunion of the He Man woman haters club on this board every week.

Were any of them 11 when their father and brother were killed? Then suddenly the brother returns covered in scars with no explanation, her mother marries another guy, then the guy who had been a good stepfather is mysteriously taken and she's only just turned 18, that's a LOT of **** for anyone let alone a kid.

She could have grown into a quiet, solitary child, who keeps to herself and doesn't let people into her life because she's done with being hurt. But noooo, instead she had to turn into a huge *****. I'm only surprised they haven't turned her into a little **** who sleeps around as well.

She could have grown into a quiet, solitary child, who keeps to herself and doesn't let people into her life because she's done with being hurt. But noooo, instead she had to turn into a huge *****. I'm only surprised they haven't turned her into a little **** who sleeps around as well.

So they could have turned her into a boring mute instead of a fiery character lashing out, that would have sucked IMO. I'm not even sure what the point of the last part is.

For the most part I have to agree with you, Hunter. I've often felt like the hate the female characters get is much more overblown simply due to the fact that they're female. Characters like Shane and Dale did annoying **** all the time but never got half as much vitriol as Andrea does (I'm not saying Lori, because ALOT of that **** was warranted).

Having said that, Thea still annoys me and unless the writers start doing something about it, you're not going to get me to say any differently. I was annoyed with Laurel at first but she's gotten better. Stopped acting like a spurned high schooler and started acting like the professional woman she is. Detective Lance, though...

Detective Lance, though...

At least he's consistent. He's got a vendetta with the Hood and hates Oliver. He doesn't treat him like a pal one day and then as a nemesis the next.

But Thea, the best example is the whole wanting to be a family deal. First she complains, because Ollie doesn't open up. Then he actually tries to get closer, working towards being a family again, and somehow Thea manages to complain about that as well. Like, what the hell girl? Make up your bloody mind.

For the most part I have to agree with you, Hunter. I've often felt like the hate the female characters get is much more overblown simply due to the fact that they're female. Characters like Shane and Dale did annoying **** all the time but never got half as much vitriol as Andrea does (I'm not saying Lori, because ALOT of that **** was warranted).

Having said that, Thea still annoys me and unless the writers start doing something about it, you're not going to get me to say any differently. I was annoyed with Laurel at first but she's gotten better. Stopped acting like a spurned high schooler and started acting like the professional woman she is. Detective Lance, though...

Exactly, sure there are those that are irritating and deserve the heat, Lori and her "Kill Shane"....*Rick kills Shane*..."I now sit in disapproving judgment of you killing Shane" was a classic example, but the week to week whining on basic human error and flaw is reserved for the females.

The show has only had half a season so far, if Thea is still on this kick come the midway point of season 2 I'd agree because it would show zero character growth, but at this point I think her emotional imbalance and erratic anger makes sense for a teen who has been through so much. Laurel had her turning moment, maybe the past episode was Thea's, possibly even Lance's as well after Laurel gave him a reality serve.

Yeah. If they would've played him off as a cool foreign diplomat doing shady things in America, it would've worked a lot better. Plus, that tweaky acting was ****ing terrible.

No witnessessssssssssss!

Seth Gabel was awesome, you bastards. :argh:

But, yeah, he did go a bit big with it, I think he could've toned it down and amped up the menacing.

On the flip side, Thea IS still in high school. So, wouldn't her emotional antics be apropos?

Let's put it this way... on a show about a guy after being marooned on an island who returns to civilisation years later a changed man and starts doing vigilante work, an assortment of themes can and need to be explored for a balanced, well rounded show - one of which being the impact this has on his family life.

Thea and Martha serve this function. But unlike Martha, Thea doesn't have the benefit of being involved in the overarching conspiracy plot (it would be inappropriate and highly unbelievable if she had been given her age, both now and especially pre-island). As such, Thea winds up saddled with and having to do the heavy lifting for the family drama; which by its nature, given the context of everything going on, bound to be of the highly dysfunctional variety.

People complaining that all Thea does, as of this moment, is whine and moan and ***** and complain is because that's the niche her character was created to fill - the one who brings up all the family issues that Oliver needs to learn and eventually solve. Complaining why we don't get to see Thea do anything else would be like complaining why we don't explore Felicity's family life or Tommy working on Oliver's night club in great detail. It's simply not why the character is there for!

The Thea hate is ******** because half the time I find her outrage justified. Nearly everything Thea has told Oliver is true he was being secretive, he was pining over Laurel, he was trying to be her father and he was a hypocrite. I don't think calling someone on their ******** as being a ***** it's called being a straightshooter. In the immortal words of the goodie mob " the truth hurts but you can't be afraid of it.".

Seth Gabel was awesome, you bastards. :argh:

But, yeah, he did go a bit big with it, I think he could've toned it down and amped up the menacing.

The annoying part is that if he does come back, it's only going to be worse.

I hope his brain gets fried because of the drug and he gets a lot calmer. But we probably won't be that lucky.

Who knows? Maybe when he comes back, he'll be on meds; with his schtick being that he needs to regularly take his meds lest he goes too crazy.

Or, he'll be cured the same way Oliver was/will. Actually, how IS Oliver still okay despite being drugged much the same way as the Count?

He's got a box full of wonder herbs that apparently cure him of any poison and drug overdose. It's lame, but what can you do.

No matter how hot she is, it cannot be denied that Thea has been getting extremely annoying as of late.

I,for one-loved The Count in this episode.So far he's the only villain to actually have some character.To actually seem evil.(Yeah,there's Deathstroke,but he's just window dressing at the moment.)

I'm frankly sick of the hired killers and the "this was gonna be our last big score until you ruined it" thieves.I'm hoping for future villains to have some kind of theatricality,since we know costumes will be scarce.

Yeah Clark Gabel was friggin awesome as the Count! I seriously hate what they are doing with the villains on the show, they all have so much potential just keep them on. The Count needs to be a regular, Gabel got him to sound almost like Hamills Joker.

watched the first couple episodes of Arrow. I like it well enough. Its far and away better than Smallville. Not the greatest show on tv... but good so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"