Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be a huge post because I don't post that much, so skip me or bear with it :)

I can understand the hate for Thea Queen given that this is essentially a superhero forum rather than an Arrow the TV show forum. In the Green Arrow comics, I don't believe he has a sister (although she is clearly based on Mia, if you notice in court her middle name was the same as Mia's surname). Also I doubt Mia was melodramatic, because comic books are not for the most part.

But, as the admin poster said, CW's main demographic is actually teenagers and they want young girls into this. The writers expressed a BGLT character to come into it soon as an everpresent good guy, which is again staple writing for these teenage Dawsons Creek style shows.

I guess my point is, Arrow is not Green Arrow the TV series. It's the network using the source material of Green Arrow to build a series independent of the comic book. Their target demo is the same as it's always been, but by using GA, they get the comic book demo as well. And I see the writing is trying to keep both sides happy.

I am sure there are people watching Arrow lapping up the romance and drama and disliking the actual fighting. In fact I'm certain they are. If you took out the fighting and action, it would probably be my sisters favorite show.

As for Thea herself? Well she's the best actress on the show in my opinion. There is inappropriate chemistry between her and Oliver sometimes but other than that she plays the mixed up rebel teenager well. I notice Jessica De Gouw's acting got hammered here too, but for a CW melodrama? She was melodramatic, she was exactly as she was supposed to be imo.

Back to the original point, I was really surprised to see a lot of dislike for the Count. I understand some just didn't like his over the top-ness but again a lot of the dislike seems to come from people wanting the comic book Count Vertigo.

Like I said, this is not Green Arrow the TV show. Personally I thought he brought a dynamic to the series not yet seen. Like all the villains he could have put up more of a fight, but that being said, he was just a crazy drug dealer who is likely going to be much more dangerous due to what happened to him, so it makes sense he didn't fight so much.

Overall loving the show. Would just say to people to try to enjoy it for what it is, rather than dislike it for what they feel it should be.

Last edited:
well said Justin, here's to hoping tomorrow nights episode is as good as the rest of the show has been

Just saw that legendary DJ and producer Steve Aoiki will be playing himself in a future episode of Arrow. Guess Ollie gets his club up and running soon. Also said it is supposed to have the return of the Huntress in that episode

Considering that Oliver was on that island for 5 years; there's just so much back story that they could tell that could last for even longer than a season's worth; I'm actually more curious right now on how the hell Oliver survived on that island and ended up being the last man standing when that placed was filled with dozens of trained mercenaries.

Was there a Pixar's Brave joke in the last episode?

Thought so, havent seen it yet so wasnt sure.

Which makes me laugh, since Vanch has been in prison so long but he had that reference ready. In my head, first thing he did after getting released was catch up on Pixar movies.

Ha, yeah I wondered why they didnt choose a more known reference. Like Robin Hood or, I know they would never or COULD never do it, Hawkeye

It would be funny to throw in a more subtle one. Like a thug as Arrow takes them out stealth-like. They spot him before he vanishes again. "I thought he wore purple..."

qm.gif

I had to make this

Last edited:
I hope we get some pics of Deadshot's new look soon.

Somewhat funny note, I just realized that the actress that plays Oliver's queen's mother in "Arrow" was in a film with our current Pa Kent in "Dragonfly", which I think is even more humorous considering that they're currently playing the parents of two DC Heroes below.haha

MV5BNzY1NDgxNTI0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTk5MDAxMw@@._V1._SX640_SY835_.jpg

Kevin Costner (Jonathan Kent) and Susana Thompson (Moira Queen)

tumblr_m76ma2ItE21qapfkto1_500.jpg

Henry Cavil (Superman)and Stephen Amell (Green Arrow)

Which makes me laugh, since Vanch has been in prison so long but he had that reference ready. In my head, first thing he did after getting released was catch up on Pixar movies.

Do they not get newspaper in certain prisons? A stretch, maybe, TV too.

Agreed. I don't have too much to hate about this series. Great show

Manu Benett rocks as Deathstroke

Just checking... do we have confirmation that Slade Wilson is Deathstroke in this continuity? I ask this because there seem to be at least two people running around in orange-and-black masks.

My memory is horrible. Has the other guy in the mask been officially called Deathstroke onscreen yet?

Thanx. That's what I thought. Slade probably will be later on this season or next one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"