Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHA OMG what !? Manu Bennet is Azog !?!?

Great !

He absolutely makes that character for me, though the CGI itself is kinda iffy at times I do love that PJ directly translates the mo-capped performances into the CG models (though an actual costume would be preferable), Bennet is awesome.

On a more on-topic note, he's one of the reasons I want the universes connected, Would love to see him as Deathstroke in a film.

Excited to see what they do with Roy now that he has gained abilities and was shot by Arrow. I wonder where his loyalties will now lie

Interesting...

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2014/01/blind-items-revealed_5538.html

Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Blind Items Revealed

July 22, 2013

This B-/C+ list actress who has a very famous name is being written out of a star role on a very popular almost network show because no one can stand her diva behavior. She thinks she is the big star and that she can't be replaced and acts like that to everyone. Apparently she can be replaced though because they rewrote everything to get rid of her. Huh. Must run in the family.

Katie Cassidy

Posted by ent lawyer at 11:45 AM

Is that true? What is that site and how credible is it? Are they actually getting rid of Katie or is she the one saying it?

Get back to me when it's from a source I've actually heard of. Thanks. :o

Edit: Oh, yeah, and July. So...

At the bottom of the site it states: "Crazy Days and Nights is a gossip site. The site publishes rumors, conjecture, and fiction. In addition to accurately reported information, certain situations, characters and events portrayed in the Blog are either products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Information on this site may contain errors or inaccuracies; the Blog’s proprietor does not make warranty as to the correctness or reliability of the site's content. Links to content on and quotation of material from other sites are not the responsibility of Crazy Days and Nights." Bolded things for emphasis. So basically bogus news from a gossip site.

It is interesting that tonight, the CW Network tweeted (and retweeted by Andrew Kreisberg) "West Coast, celebrate the new year with the birth of Black Canary on #Arrow, starting NOW" rather than just referring to the actress as Canary. Is it significant? I hope so, but only time will tell.

The Blind Item was posted in July, but the subject of the Blind Item wasn't posted until now, apparently.

Laurel is useless, so I don't mind her being written out.

I have a hard time believing that KC is a diva. And they didnt write anything for Laurel in the first place so not like her not getting any good storylines is surprising.

The writers should feel ashamed anyway for even conceiving the idea of a Dinah Laurel Lance as the damsel in distress.

Are you guys really taking a piece of gossip coming from a place called crazydaysandnights.net and acting as though it's coming from a respected news source?

I tattooed "Deuces Katie! <3" into my taint. Are you telling me that, much like everything else I do, was premature?

Wait... what.

If this is true I'll be happy for Arrow but I was never gonna be happy for KC about it. Maybe they can have her in a reduced role like the councelor/lawyer type person that pops up every now and then.

meh, better give that to Jean Loring then.

Soon much like in Brazilian football clubs a hooligan representative will be on the Arrow board, pulling strings.

I can buy it since how often is a female lead reduced from one season to another as we've seen with Laurel? Felicity, who wasn't even intended to be a regular as essentially taken her spot and they gave us someone else as BC. Something must be going down behind the scenes.

Do you remember Laurel in S1? She wasnt exactly that great of a character to start out with. Probably one of the weakest female leads in tv history.

Do you remember Laurel in S1? She wasnt exactly that great of a character to start out with. Probably one of the weakest female leads in tv history.

Sure, I do. And I viewed her as the lead. This season? Not so much.

It's not like there are dozens or maybe hundreds of people who have motive to make up such a rumor about Katie Cassidy. Oh wait there are, I wouldn't be surprised at anything the haters do. They already started tweeting ***** at her in response to her Christmas pictures.

http://banamighdall.tumblr.com/post/71295090040

Last edited:
^ But at the same time it's not like there is zero precedent for it to be true. Her role has been reduced and Felicity's role has increased.

And if I had to pick one show of all the shows out there right now where the creators really listen to the hardcore fans it's gotta be Arrow.

Personally, I don't hate Katie......though I will admit that I don't think it's safe to assume that she's being "portrayed" as THE "Female Lead" of the show anymore.

I mean, call me crazy, but it feels like Felicity has been getting a lot of coverage both in and out of the show...heck, just look at where she's placed in the Season 2 poster.

If the writers still see Katie (Laurel) as the female lead, then they're doing a piss poor job in showing that on screen.

Heck, the only thing that she has going for her is her name (both her own and her character's) where her name is still billed under Stephen and where people use the fact that her middle name is "Dinah" as a means of justifying that she's going to become the real black canary.

But aside from that, she really doesn't show or emit anything that I've known for a female lead of a show to display.

If it's true and Slade does it he'll automatically become my favorite TV villain ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"