Arrow Arrow Season 2 Episode 13 "Heir to the Demon" Rate/Review thread

She outranks him and it was her money (combined with Walter's investment) that bought Oliver's shares.

She's in a position to boot him if she chose to.

And like I said, she never formally stepped down as the head of QC. The concern in The Scientist was about her lack of popularity and the marketability of the company being damaged because of her name, yet all of a sudden in recent episodes the show is claiming that she has vastly growing public support.

She doesn't out rank him.

Oliver came back and took over as CEO and Stellmoor ended up buying 50% of the company, making Oliver and Isabel Co-CEO's.

Go back and watch the scene in the first episode when he visits his mother in jail. She talks about him talking his rightful place at the company, which is CEO.

A chief executive officer (CEO) is the highest-ranking corporate officer (executive) or administrator in charge of total management of an organization

Moira can't out rank him, because that means she'd out rank Isabel and judging by the disdain the two have for each other Moira would fire Isabel if she could. And at no point since she was acquitted have we seen Oliver resign as CEO.

Either you're a troll or you haven't followed that storyline at all.

Last edited:
I have followed the storyline and Moira can't fire Isabel because of Isabel's shares in the company.

But Moira's money is what bought the shares that Oliver ended up buying up with some help from Walter.

She could remove him as CEO if she wanted. It's not like Oliver put any of his own capital into the company.

Point is, Oliver severing ties with Moira is foolish. He lives in her house and Oliver wouldn't even have employment if it wasn't for Moira.

That wasn't Moira's money. That was Starling National Bank's money, which Walter is the CFO of that gave the money to Oliver for the shares.

Plus, Moira's not going to fire her own son, even if she could and was angry with him. She'd be more likely to try and win him back by giving him MORE power if she could.

That wasn't Moira's money. That was Starling National Bank's money, which Walter is the CFO of that gave the money to Oliver for the shares.

Not exactly.

Isabel controlled 45% of the stocks. Oliver controlled the other 45% from his mother's money.

Then in the final scene, Isabel said she's up to 50% control, and Oliver got financial help from Walter for the remaining 5% to bring it to a 50/50 split.

Plus, Moira's not going to fire her own son, even if she could and was angry with him. She'd be more likely to try and win him back by giving him MORE power if she could.

I know. I'm just saying, Moira has Oliver by the balls. He is financially dependent on her.

Which is why the 'we're done' thing didn't really work.

'We're done' would mean he's gonna move out of his mother's house and get his own separate job. That won't happen, so Oliver was just exaggerating for emotional effect.

Point is, Oliver severing ties with Moira is foolish. He lives in her house and Oliver wouldn't even have employment if it wasn't for Moira.

Oliver could find another house fairly easily if she wanted him to leave.

I seriously doubt she does though, as she wants the public to see a united family until after the election is over. Oliver leaving the mansion within only a couple months of her getting free could damage her odds of being elected, even if slightly.

I seriously doubt she does though, as she wants the public to see a united family until after the election is over. Oliver leaving the mansion within only a couple months of her getting free could damage her odds of being elected, even if slightly.

Why? Oliver's almost 30 years old. Him getting his own place is normal.

Well, Moira's also been more ambiguous than anything else with her family as the center of her world. I don't know if she has the personality to kick her son out at all, especially if she knows that Thea would be hurt by him leaving. Her story arc would probably be better served by her driving her family away via her actions than her turning on them herself.

Why? Oliver's almost 30 years old. Him getting his own place is normal.

It's the timing. Oliver stays in the house for the entire year after he gets back the first time, comes back to town and stays there the months leading up to the trial. Then he decides to get a place during the campaign. Not that this alone would be bad for Moira, but then the press starts to question/follow Oliver because of his move, then finds out that there's trouble in paradise.

And of course, if she kicked him out or made any move to "punish" him, he could easily ruin her chances of getting mayor if he desired just to be vindictive.

Technically, she doesn't have him by the balls. Oliver is now the CEO of Queen Consolidated, not Walter or Moira. If she did own him by the balls, she would have taken over his share of the company by this point.

I'm not sure how much of a "public figure" Sara really is. Yes she got mentioned in the news report about the boat sinking, but that's kind of it.

I think the poster meant Laurel, who has been on the news a couple of times as a top lawyer in the city.

I wouldnt want Sara to take Laurel's name anyway. Dinah Drake on the other hand is fair game.

Dye Katies hair back to blonde and she looks like BC aswell. Put her in the costume and she could probably look just as good as Sara does in it.

I dont care if her hair is as yellow as the sun and if she looks great in black leather, she doesnt have the aura of the Black Canary nor the skills to do so.

He can easily get his own bachelor pad and has got a trust fund. Oliver also owns the verdant club, he would still have employment outside QC.

Last edited:
I'm kind of surprised that this thread is still going given on how episode threads tend to die down after a week of its broadcast.lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"