Arrow Arrow Season 2 Episode 15: "The Promise" Rate and Review Thread

It was a great episode. I gave it an 8. It's not higher because I'm comparing it versus every episode of every TV show I've ever seen in my life and against more consistent shows (the whole Slade/Shado arc rings hollow and drags it down, for example), but for Arrow it's one of their best.

Last edited:
I get the feeling whoever knocked out Diggle, is more than a lowly henchman. I say that because the outfit seems a bit more customized, with the form fitting outfit and red highlights, so less random mercenary henchman.

And it goes by too fast, even slowing the scene down didn't help, but the person might be holding a black sword. Possibly like the one Slade had on the island. So an apprentice perhaps?

Ya i'm hoping it wasn't some random henchman. Slade doesn't seem like he would have some random lowly henchmen watching his back and in on his plans because clearly whoever knocked Diggle knows something.

I mean look at what he did to Blood's guys when Laurel started poking around and then killed Blood's #1 henchman.

The only thing that gives me pause of it being a DC character is we haven't heard any casting news. Although maybe they've made a point to keep it secret.

I'm glad that they didn't forget that Oliver wasn't the experienced fighter that he is in the present for the scenes involving him back on the Boat.

They showed just enough to indicate that he was on the right path but that he still needed some fine tuning.

I'm guessing Oliver will learn how to speak Russian from the Mafia dude on the island now.

And the final shot of Slade without his eye patch was definitely unexpected and somewhat traumatizing.lol Especially with, what I can only imagine to be, the white "hair" growing inside his missing eye socket.

Though from the looks of it, I think it confirms on how the Mirakuru seemingly only rebuilds/regenerates skin tissue and not so much complicated things like eyeballs.

There is a theory going around that he gave his eye to ivo for research because the hole looks to clean, but oliver did say he put an arrow into his eye, so....

I'm glad that they didn't forget that Oliver wasn't the experienced fighter that he is in the present for the scenes involving him back on the Boat.

They showed just enough to indicate that he was on the right path but that he still needed some fine tuning.

I'm guessing Oliver will learn how to speak Russian from the Mafia dude on the island now.

And the final shot of Slade without his eye patch was definitely unexpected and somewhat traumatizing.lol Especially with, what I can only imagine to be, the white "hair" growing inside his missing eye socket.

Though from the looks of it, I think it confirms on how the Mirakuru seemingly only rebuilds/regenerates skin tissue and not so much complicated things like eyeballs.

Yeah,hopefully he keeps it on in the future.:barf:

Seriously though,wouldn't they just sew the eye socket shut,rather than have a gaping hole in his head?:huh:

I wonder who the guy was that knocked out Diggle before he could take the shot? I'm also wondering if the creepy preacher guy with the pet mouse will be a future villain.

Me too! Way too much character work for him to just be a one and done episode guy.

Someone brought up the idea of it being Ravager, which makes a lot of sense.

Brilliant episode, I thought they got the cutting back and forth spot on and built the story and tension to a gripping climax. Manu Bennett and Amell were fantastic as they exchanged looks and words, with Slade taunting Ollie in front of an oblivious Moira and Thea.

Few shows have a villain as ominous and compelling as Slade Wilson and this ep took him to a whole other level.

I wonder who the guy was that knocked out Diggle before he could take the shot? I'm also wondering if the creepy preacher guy with the pet mouse will be a future villain.

What the heck was creepy about him?:funny: He seemed pretty normal (all things considered). I didn't get an evil vibe from him at all.:huh:

That other guy with the attitude problem (doing one armed pull-ups) had trouble written all over him,though.

That creepy preacher guy is a low d level villian named Pac Rat. The other guy is a Firestorm villian

I feel bad for not remembering this, but what was 'the promise' that Slade specifically mentioned to Oliver back on the island? Was it a promise of getting off the island alive or something?

The promise was making him feel absolute despair, before killing him.

I feel bad for not remembering this, but what was 'the promise' that Slade specifically mentioned to Oliver back on the island? Was it a promise of getting off the island alive or something?

He tells Oliver that at the end of the episode, something about making Oliver suffer as he himself has.

Edit: Oops, too late.

This past ep was probably the best ep of the entire series.

Manu Bennet is the fricking man!
There is a theory going around that he gave his eye to ivo for research because the hole looks to clean, but oliver did say he put an arrow into his eye, so....

This would actually make more sense, seeing as how the marikuru heals bullet wounds, so it would only make sense that it would have healed an arrow to the eye as well...

Ollie flat out says he put an arrow through Slade"s eye.

Ollie has the habit of taking out the right eye.Next time,he should aim for the left,just to switch things up..:hehe:

The only way I see it is if Ivo somehow recovers Slade's lost eye after Ollie pierces it with an arrow. I mean seriously, ever since the pilot they have been teasing the arrow through the eye so they have to do it.

The only thing Slade is giving Ivo is pain. But I am sure he will be generous with that. :woot::woot::woot:

Ollie flat out says he put an arrow through Slade"s eye.

Ollie has the habit of taking out the right eye.Next time,he should aim for the left,just to switch things up..:hehe:

Yes, he did..but seeing as how Slade has the marikuru in his blood, an eye damaged by an arrow would heal...

Did the producers confirm this?

No but if you look up the name Thomas Flynn and how he is connected to DC, it brings up the character Pac Rat.

The name Thomas Flynn plus he had a connection to the rat's on the ship.

Yes, he did..but seeing as how Slade has the marikuru in his blood, an eye damaged by an arrow would heal...

If he only has accelerated healing and not regeneration, his eye would still be useless though.

I get the feeling whoever knocked out Diggle, is more than a lowly henchman. I say that because the outfit seems a bit more customized, with the form fitting outfit and red highlights, so less random mercenary henchman.

And it goes by too fast, even slowing the scene down didn't help, but the person might be holding a black sword. Possibly like the one Slade had on the island. So an apprentice perhaps?

Slade did say he had his allies, and we're supposed to expect Team Arrow to go up against a Team of villains in the final, if I didn't get that wrong. So I'd say there are more prominent villains on the Team, than just Deathstroke and Brother Blood.

How awesome would it be, if it were Ravager?

HOF1SFL.gif
Ravager would make the whole season for me!

If he only has accelerated healing and not regeneration, his eye would still be useless though.

Well in the final shot they clearly showed that he had an empty eye socket, so the eye, at some point, will be entirely removed.

Maybe when the arrow was pulled the eyeball came with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"