Arrow Arrow Season 2 Episode 15: "The Promise" Rate and Review Thread

Yeah but in my opinion you shouldn't have to go back and watch a show over again and in retrospect think "oh yeah he did love her".

That works in say the case of someone you think is a good guy turning out to be a villain and you're like "oh so THAT's why they did that". But in the case of this, is anyone really arguing that they couldn't have done a better job of portraying Slade's feelings for Shado? If I remember that episode thread, most people were really surprised at how quickly it came about.

If anything else it kinda devalues the Deathstroke character. The show is portraying him as a drug addled lunatic who couldn't handle the death of someone he only knew for a few months. It's great they've built some kinda deep rooted rivalry with him and Oliver but the build up in the first season was awesome and they seem to have just gone with "yeah he was in love and lost his mind". I would have thought they could have been a bit more creative.

I guess it's still better than what they did with him in the New 52. Where he kind of has the subtlety of Deadpool, just without any of the humor. Just a guy, with a big ego, who puts on flashy shows as he kills his assignments, because he wants to remind everyone that he's still got it.

And who knows how it'll all ultimately play out. The writers said Slade will have a goal that will even surprise Oliver. A big revenge plot isn't much of a surprise.

Anybody have any info on the character?All I can find is this guy from B:TAS

XsaZrKd.jpg

:funny: I'm thinking he's gonna need a costume update!

Perfectly adaptable on the CW budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"