Arrow Arrow Season 2 Episode 15: "The Promise" Rate and Review Thread

Ravager would make the whole season for me!
Yeah I have a feeling it would be him... or her.

Well... Why not another kickass female character on Arrow? ;)

I really hope it's her. I want to see some apprentice vs sidekick action. Though she would totally obliterate Roy.

UmTdfOKl.jpg

Despite the somewhat shaky foundation in Slade's anger towards Oliver being in regards to Shado's death, the show has done a GREAT job in making this into a tragic event.

Slade and Oliver's friendship on the island was definitely one of the great highlight of the series, especially when you look back on how it's evolved since their first encounter in Season 1.

You could really feel the history between the two guys just from them taking a walk to Slade's car.

Like "Loki" mentioned, Slade must have done something back in the past that cemented Oliver's stance in viewing Slade as a lost cause. Normally, Oliver tries to find the best in most of the villains that he comes across, and has only resorted towards killing them as of late if there's no other option and if lives are at stake.

Here, Oliver was ready to kill Slade without second hesitation.

Also, I really loved on how they portrayed the tension with Oliver, Sara, and Roy subtly confronting Slade in the Mansion. I really do like on how they've naturally assimilated Roy into the main arc. I actually got a kick on how Roy thought he could take on Slade just because he had the Mirakuru.

The "what do you want to do now, mr. Wilson" was so awesome

The "what do you want to do now, mr. Wilson" was so awesome

Agreed, especially with how we saw a Slade exchanging looks with ever member of Team Arrow in the Mansion.

Me too! Way too much character work for him to just be a one and done episode guy.

Yep, I get the feeling he'll now be a threat to Sara on the island.

What the heck was creepy about him?:funny: He seemed pretty normal (all things considered). I didn't get an evil vibe from him at all.:huh:

That other guy with the attitude problem (doing one armed pull-ups) had trouble written all over him,though.

Sitting there stroking a rat along with just a creepy demeanor gave me serial killer vibes, seems he is a villain called Pack Rat.

Now you mention him, he's left on the ship with Slade, was the arm used to knock out Diggle the same arm he still has?

I enjoy good tension filled moments. I easily loved the entire Mansion part more than Slade wrecking havoc on the ship. And Manu was clearly having a lot of fun.

The whole Slade storyline would have worked a whole lot better if his interest for Shado was evident from the moment she showed up. It seemed like he didn't even like her all that much until a week before she died.

The whole Slade storyline would have worked a whole lot better if his interest for Shado was evident from the moment she showed up. It seemed like he didn't even like her all that much until a week before she died.

After he got blown half to Hell and she spent all of her time alone with him nursing him back to (reasonable) health?

He seemed a bit taken with her after they sparred that one time and she showed she knew how to fight. Still bunk for the most part though.

If they weren't dead set on having Slade as the big bad of the season,they could've spent the appropriate time needed to sell us on Slade's apparent fixation on her.

Sitting there stroking a rat along with just a creepy demeanor gave me serial killer vibes, seems he is a villain called Pack Rat.

Anybody have any info on the character?All I can find is this guy from B:TAS

XsaZrKd.jpg

After he got blown half to Hell and she spent all of her time alone with him nursing him back to (reasonable) health?

I see your point but that whole thing happened in one episode. While it may have been a lot of time on the island, for us it was only a handful of scenes.

We needed to see more of ShadoxSlade to really understand why he's willing to devote his entire life to hurting a friend who really didn't have too much of a choice over her.

Just a thought.... remember back when Shado first joined up with them? Episode 17 or 18, I think it was? Fyers talked about he expected some sort of heroics from Oliver, but it was Slade who pulled off the heroics in that scene, putting the gun to Fyers' face and telling him to let the girl go. Honestly, there were inclinations of him having feelings, and in this show, inclinations seem to be the name of the game more than outright feelings. There were inclinations rather than outright "I love you" scenes with Laurel/Ollie, Sara/Ollie, even Felicity/Ollie (though the last one was more friendship according to Stephen Amell).

Just some food for thought on the Slade/Shado conundrum.

Not much info about Thomas Flynn. The "reverend" probably lied about his identity. Could it be Pied Piper (Flash villain) or Batman villain Ratcatcher?

http://www.comicvine.com/ratcatcher/4005-22927/

Haha, we can spot a crew member holding the gun barrel. :funny:

Hmm..... either they completely missed that, or it's going to play out there was one guy knocking Diggle out, another guy pulling his gun away. If I were the guys doing the editing, I'd try to play it the latter way.

Just a thought.... remember back when Shado first joined up with them? Episode 17 or 18, I think it was? Fyers talked about he expected some sort of heroics from Oliver, but it was Slade who pulled off the heroics in that scene, putting the gun to Fyers' face and telling him to let the girl go. Honestly, there were inclinations of him having feelings, and in this show, inclinations seem to be the name of the game more than outright feelings. There were inclinations rather than outright "I love you" scenes with Laurel/Ollie, Sara/Ollie, even Felicity/Ollie (though the last one was more friendship according to Stephen Amell).

Just some food for thought on the Slade/Shado conundrum.

I think you had to look really hard for that. When Oliver sacrificed the route off the island to save Shado's life, Slade even looked kinda pissed.

I'm not saying he didn't love her the entire time and his whole *****iness about her was just jealousy of Oliver or whatever, but they really should have made Slade's feelings more obvious and made a bigger deal of it if they wanted to base their whole season arc on it.

Really you couldn't see SladexShado until almost when she died. I would have rather that Oliver accidentally wounded Slade or somehow betrayed him than have it all over some girl that he never seemed to care for that much anyway.

I think you had to look really hard for that. When Oliver sacrificed the route off the island to save Shado's life, Slade even looked kinda pissed.

I'm not saying he didn't love her the entire time and his whole *****iness about her was just jealousy of Oliver or whatever, but they really should have made Slade's feelings more obvious and made a bigger deal of it if they wanted to base their whole season arc on it.

Really you couldn't see SladexShado until almost when she died. I would have rather that Oliver accidentally wounded Slade or somehow betrayed him than have it all over some girl that he never seemed to care for that much anyway.

Well, to Slade's Mirakuru-warped mind, Oliver did betray him by choosing Sara over Shado. Right now on the Island, everything about Slade is heightened, particularly his emotions, which is going to throw his mental state completely out the window in terms of what would or could normally happen.

So smirking to you means that people are pissed?

You know, I guess it kinda was there the whole time. With Slade throwing looks when Ollie and Shado were together, and constantly telling him not to get attached. I still remember how we all were hoping that Slade was more practical, and that he didn't have feelings for Shado and that that wouldn't be the reason for Slade and Oliver becoming enemies.

So it turns out that Slade did have feelings for Shado the whole time after all. But he tried to follow 'bros before hoes' mantra, and to not act on his feelings. Since he isn't the kind of guy to throw friendships away, like Billy Wintergreen did. And when he was on death's door, he simply couldn't keep it to himself anymore.

I still don't like it, but I can accept that he had feelings for Shado since they met or shortly after, but didn't act on it because friendships are important to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"