Arrow Season 2 Episode 22 : "Streets of Fire" Rate and Review Thread

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by Human Torch, Apr 30, 2014.

?

Rate "Streets of Fire"

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. herolee10 No More Miracles

I'm actually worried for Felicity myself. The only thing that makes me think that she has a chance at surviving is that we've heard the producers and Stephen mention on how the producers want to explore Felicity's background in a very detailed fashion and I doubt her little line in last week's episode about her mom being a waitress is what they had in mind.

2. Human Torch Registered

This episode was just too *$^#^ awesome.

I really liked Blood so the whole time he had his little epiphany I'm yelling at the TV "Get out of there you moron!You're not getting out of this alive if you don't get out of freakin' town!"But,I guess it was inevitable.I still think it could've played out pretty cool with him as mayor and Ollie not able to rat him out for fear of him outting team Arrow next season.

Looks like Ollie and TRG (The Russian Guy) are gonna be best buds next season.What happened to all the other escapees?They also never let us know what happened to the guy Sara traded to Slade.:hmm

The stuff with Thea and Malcolm was gold.When she pulls the trigger on him I thought I'd go nuts.:lmao:

I liked The Lance Family fighting crime together.:yay: Kinda wish there was more to the Sara reveal (Laurel kinda just figures it out) but I liked their scene together.I hope they both survive to have some conversation about her past.

I really liked the scene with Ollie and Felicity.Probably the best acting I've seen from Emily and it was the first time I didn't feel that it was "Shipper-pandering".It felt very natural.(To me at least)

Bring on the grand finale!

3. dude stannis Registered

Holy hell that was intense! Absolutely far and away one of the best episodes of the series!

I really hope Sarah isn't the last person Slade wants to kill.

4. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Laurel and Felicity did the typical female superhero love interest pep talk a lot in this episode. Not a criticism just an observation.

I hope we don't have to wait until the series finale of the show for people to start calling Ollie and Laurel/Sarah Green Arrow/Black Canary. I know they want to build up to it but I hope they don't do what Smallville did.

I don't know why anyone would be upset by Nolan Batman comparisons when the showrunners have been up front from the beginning about those films partly being the inspiration for the show.

Taking a little influence from those films which were very successful doesn't diminish anything about Arrow so I don't see the problem :huh:

#104 chamber-music, May 8, 2014
    Last edited: May 8, 2014
  5. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

Being inspired by the Nolan franchise is one thing but ripping off the plots from the movies and putting it in the show is another. Anyway I liked the episode and can't wait for the finale.

6. luis4u Registered

Please no olicity hook up.arrow writers staff and crew are being cyber bully by shippers..

7. Crimz Registered

As soon as Sara told Laurel that her name meant Canary, I saw the Grim-Reaper behind Sara. I think her death will mirror the false one on the island, they like contrasts like that on this show. I loved this episode and can't stand waiting for the next.

8. Nathan Registered

That could have been indeed a death flag. But when Laurel told the mother "That's the Canary." and the Police talked about her being a hero, I really got the distinct feeling that this is the beginning of Sara's journey to finally embrace heroism.

I think that whole Laurel taking over Sara's mask, and trying to honor her by calling herself the Canary, would work better when no one else knows about the name. It would be just personal to Laurel.

9. Crimz Registered

Maybe it could be because she wants to make the name Canary stand for good because she knows how her sister felt about herself. So she takes up the mantle, in a way to prove that the Canary is good, if Sara dies.

10. Nathan Registered

Even though it might not happen, I actually think Laurel is raising a dangerous amount of flags. With her giving speeches, getting Oliver to fight on, getting Sara to finally view herself as a hero, the writers really trying to make her likable these last couple Episodes. If she'd bite it, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.

11. Crimz Registered

I want neither of them to die, I liked Laurel and Sara together in this episode and hope they form a kind of crime fighting duo in the next season.

12. protocida Registered

:dry:

Half of your posts are about this. We get it, pal.

Anyway, with Kate Spencer dead, anyone thinks Laurel might be heading for another heroic fate?

[​IMG]

Both lawyers, both have criminals who escape the justice system. And Manhunter isn't a particularly noteworthy fighter, relying more on gadgets. This way we keep Sara, Laurel can have her heroic fate, and we don't have to deal with the fact she doesn't have enough training to be Black Canary.

Clearly not the writers' original intention, but it fits. The staff has stumbled into something potentially great.

13. gohei_ Infected by Pentapox

Bloody awesome episode. Some minor nitpicks but I'll let it pass.
    Great to see Merlyn back in action again, and I got damn pissed at the ending, even though I realize now that they most likely were trying to fool us.

14. luis4u Registered

Probably not a popular opinion but... I feel the "olicity" stuff is forced just to satisfy the shippers. In season 1 it
    was so natural, now I cringe every time.

15. SV Fan Registered

It does get annoying when they constantly have to give the hero of the show peep talks. I always feel these things are mainly done for shipper fans so they can just marvel how great their favorite female character is and the main hero is lost without them. Seems like on arrow they couple the pep talks up with the shipper favorite hug or shoulder touch(because it's easy to get shippers panties wet with a simple shoulder touch).

Smallville was terrible for having dueling shipper pep talks and after awhile they just become cringe worthy.

#115 SV Fan, May 8, 2014
  16. Hunter Rider Ronin

Nah, they have the most chemistry of any of the pairings on the show, that is why the writers are looking to advance it rather than just let it sit there and do nothing.

17. SV Fan Registered

Olicity to me just feels like fan pandering that really isn't going to go anywhere, but once every few episodes the producers will throw a nut(something like a hug, offhand comment, blank glazes at eachother, etc) for the shippers to chew on. Personally I think it's terrible writing when you are trying to pander to one character and multiple shipper pairings, it generally makes the person in the center of all the pairing look bad at times, many times also putting the other people paired up with them in a negative light because they come off hopeless. Overall though it just eats into good story telling because every now and then you just need those fan pandering scenes which get annoying during an episode.

#117 SV Fan, May 8, 2014
  18. gohei_ Infected by Pentapox

By the way, did Felicity know the guy who came with the cure? It did not seem that way but he had her picture on his phone.

19. Hunter Rider Ronin

The reason it became a "shipper" where do these stupid ass terms come from? :huh: anyway, the reason it became that is because the characters clicked on screen and it's there to explore as none of the other women on the show fit with Ollie at all.

20. protocida Registered

I fail to grasp how this is any difference than what they do with Laurel and Sara.

It's just the nature of the fandom. They need something to latch onto and complain about. Laurel was that thing for most of the season. I have my hang-ups about her as well, and I am of the opinion her entire storyline this season was mishandled, but I never foamed from the mouth at the very sight of her.

Now the writers have gotten back on track on her, that one thing is changing to "shippers" and particularly Oliver/Felicity because... They have vocal fans, I guess? Now their every interaction is "pandering", as if those hints and nods were not there from Felicity's first appearance.

It's just a stupid, honestly mindless thing to do, but I guess I'm rambling.

Anyway, really liked the episode, and I enjoyed the shades of grey to Sebastian's character.

Probably not, Vibe probably gave him her number and picture so he'd find her quicker.

21. SV Fan Registered

Problem for me is I see them playing up to all 3 girls at different times, so no matter which one ends up being Ollie's "true one", the playing up romantic tension with the other 2 is pointless. Personally I believe love interest characters should only be one season characters and that's it(which in the case of Sara I guess could be true)

Assuming Sara is a 1 season character, the show should pick one of Laurel or Felicity and stick with that and stop pandering to fans of the other girl with pointless scenes that won't go anywhere hinting at some deeper connection.

#121 SV Fan, May 8, 2014
  22. gohei_ Infected by Pentapox

Yeah, that seems reasonable.

23. Hunter Rider Ronin

Most heroes never have such a simplified love life as that, it's as much a part of the comics as fighting bad guys, especially for a character as damaged as Ollie. Putting him with one girl season after season wouldn't probably suit the section of the shows fanbase that are in it for more than the action and save the city drama, you need to placate all corners and to be fair this show gives a lot of bang for your buck.

24. SV Fan Registered

The problem for me is by playing up to multiple shipper fanbases it undermines the central character and it undermines the main couple the producers want to go with. That's why one (season) and done characters as alternate love interests work better for me, it saves the hassle of milking a relationship for many seasons that will go nowhere, while it can give you your "soap opera'ish" storylines for that 1 season if you feel you need other forms of drama.

Personally if I was writing the show I would have Ollie banging a new chick every week, that way I would tune in to see what hot chick was in this episode(I am guessing though Playboy Ollie probably wouldn't work well with the female demo). lol

#124 SV Fan, May 8, 2014
  25. Hunter Rider Ronin

That's how it is in the comics though as well, it's just natural that things progress that way instead of slinging a random bed bunny in every year.