Arrow ARROW Season 4, Episode 5 Haunted

If she had waited any longer would the Pit have even worked? Everyone is telling her itayumi have been too long and you think the solution was to wait longer? Maybe she waits a few weeks or months and learns about Constantine only for the Pit to fail at even reviving Sara. Or the Pitt revives her in a state even worse than Sara is in now and even Constantine doesn't have a way. When your told it may already be too late you don't have the luxury of sitting on your hands.
She had the opportunity to save her sister she took it. It didn't work out too well but sometimes that happens we you take a chance. Right now she's taking another chance, can she find a way to save Sara. That decision will also have consequences. But the decision not to use the Pit also would have had consequences. Sara dead...permanently.

I'm all for Corrigan appearing, but if he does, I hope they get a better actor than that guy who played him on Constantine. He was pretty bland. Actually, ALL the actors on that show were bland except for Ryan, Perrineau and Davies.

I actually liked him man but I can see where you're coming from. He was hit or miss with a lot of folks.

But if Spectre does come on the show it's game over. Team Arrow might as well retire. :funny: I mean The Spectre is one of the most powerful entities in all the DC universe. He is God's vengeance.

So a roughcut of the episode has leaked. Happy Halloween!

So a roughcut of the episode has leaked. Happy Halloween!

I normally don't go for that sort of thing, but it's Halloween, the episode has John Constantine in it, and all my Halloween plans fell apart, so I don't think I'll be able to resist.

I've been looking for it. I can only find torrent links. And I'm not doing torrent anymore.

I just hope the rating don't go down because of the leak. If the rating is strong....Constantine will be more than one time thing

My thoughts on 4x05

Well rushed storyline was rushed storyline. 4x05 was more about setting up Constantine and setting adding to Diggles storyline then it was about bringing back Sara and dealing with all the issues at hand. Everyones reactions to Sara coming back was extremely rushed especially Olivers. The writers set up a semi-new storyline between Oliver/Laurel that was ended just as fast as it was introduced, it was nice that they dealt with their issues with each other but it was like blink and you'll miss it. "Saving" Sara was just lame and half-assed, along with Laurel learning that her sister had no soul and immediately just going in for the kill.

This is the type of episode that needed to be focused entirely on the Sara/Laurel storyline instead of jumping between flashback/"A" plot/"B" plot/"Cand a -ish" plot. The entire storyline was just badly written and just served make sure Sara was alive.

Laurel didn't grow at all by the end of this episode. They had her rush into things as usual by the end. Sara has no soul so I will pull a gun on her and attempt to kill her, forget about not giving up and trying to find a way to help her. Then once they are in the "soul realm" or whatever, she just goes off running after Saras voice.

The storyline was rushed, and it felt weird jumping between all the plots they had going on in the episode.

I liked certain scenes individually but I just feel like they didn't put that much thought into it as they should have. I feel like we got the cliffnotes version of Saras storyline.

I'm not going to bother with a roughcut/unfinished version of the episode.

They must've taken it down before I knew about it :/ oh well guess I can wait till Wednesday

I enjoyed it.

So did I

Though I do think that there were some unnecessary plotlines in the episode that detracted from the main attractions of the episode (John Constantine and Sara), the Felicity/Palmer subplot and the one about Laurel that was started and resolved within the episode seemed very unnecessary, would've gladly traded one of those subplots to get some more time with Constantine and a scene with Sara and her family after her soul was restored. Was awesome to see Matt Ryan back as Constantine, I like that they left it open for him to appear again.

3 full episodes of zombie Sara lol. I feel like we deserved at least one Sara scene at the end there, maybe with her family.

I just hope the rating don't go down because of the leak. If the rating is strong....Constantine will be more than one time thing

I don't think it will, the Flash and Supergirl pilots were leaked and still got good ratings, but we'll see. What could prevent more Constantine is the Justice League Dark film if Warner doesn't want to have two versions of the character. With the multiverse already established, they should be cool with it, but Hollywood "logic" is what it is.

The storyline was rushed, and it felt weird jumping between all the plots they had going on in the episode.

I liked certain scenes individually but I just feel like they didn't put that much thought into it as they should have. I feel like we got the cliffnotes version of Saras storyline.

Agreed, it could've been better, but the Constantine stuff was good, I won't spoil anything though. ;)

So watched the leaked episode and I loved the Constantine bits. I can definitely see him coming back with the way his part ended.

Really wish we had more of Constantine. Didn't like 3 plots going on at the same time.

I agree with Primal Slayer. The episode should have been a three, minimum two, episode arc, but instead tried to stuff all the plot into 40 minutes. This is all because LoT is a midseason show. If they had waited to put it out next year, they would have had more episodes to introduce Hawkgirl, redeem Cold and Heatwave, bring back Sara and Ray and deal with the whole Firestorm situation. Flash is managing slightly better than Arrow, because it started from episode 1 with Stein and because fixing Cold wasn't too big of a mountain to climb. However, the Arrow characters deserve and need far more time to be brought to a place where they could function in LoT.

I worry that Ray's return will be similarly rushed because they simply don't have the time to devote a fair amount of time to the characters. For my specific thoughts:

The opening section with Sara hunting Thea and Laurel and Oliver arguing should have been a full episode, with the Diggle/Lance subplot working as a B-story with the Felicity/Curtis story running alongside it.. The episode should have ended with her capture. Then, next week should have been about Constantine, Oliver and Laurel in Sara's hell while Felicity and Curtis hunt for Ray.

The hunt for Sara was too short for the characters to go through real emotional arcs, especially Oliver and Thea who are new to the plot, but Laurel too, since she turned on a dime from save to kill. And after that, saving Sara's soul was barely an afterthought with no depth to it for her or Laurel's characters, where it could have been to explore both of them as individuals and as sisters.

I don't think it will, the Flash and Supergirl pilots were leaked and still got good ratings, but we'll see. What could prevent more Constantine is the Justice League Dark film if Warner doesn't want to have two versions of the character. With the multiverse already established, they should be cool with it, but Hollywood "logic" is what it is.

Agreed, it could've been better, but the Constantine stuff was good, I won't spoil anything though. ;)

The difference between this and the Supergirl/Flash pilots is that they were leaked months ahead of time, leaving the memories hazy enough to warrant a rewatch. Here, however, we are only a couple of days ahead, so there's less of a reason to repeat.

The difference between this and the Supergirl/Flash pilots is that they were leaked months ahead of time, leaving the memories hazy enough to warrant a rewatch. Here, however, we are only a couple of days ahead, so there's less of a reason to repeat.

the percentage of people who watched the leak is a fraction of a fraction of the people that will watch it when it airs, it will not hurt the ratings because a few people in the exceptionally small minority that watched the leak don't still tune in for the actual final cut of the episode. I intend to still tune in, unfair to make a judgement of the episode, good or bad, until I've seen the final product.

They really gotta lure these rats out of hiding. Whoever leaked this should be cleaning out their desk by the end of the week.

Rating will only be effected if a bunch of Nielsen viewers watched it and don't watch Wednesday.. Doubt that will be the case. If they are a true fan of the show they'll still put their TV on for the rating count.

They really gotta lure these rats out of hiding. Whoever leaked this should be cleaning out their desk by the end of the week.

BACK in your hole
sawyer.
:o:o:o

and anyfan worth their salt will be watching regardless of if they have the episode already * anything to see my WIFUS *THEA/SARA* on my 42 inch plasma :ilv::ilv::ilv:

liked the oliver and laurel bits.

interesting mystical tattoos from constantine

I have to agree there wasn't enough of Constantine in the present, in this episode.

Overall I give it a 7 out of 10. Good but could have been much better as a two-parter arc not just one episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"