Ask Your Nerd Trivia Questions! - Part 1

LOL @ question. - http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=28931853&postcount=10
I can remember at least 3, there's probably more though.

1- Mudd rules planet of androids, Kirk and crew start acting completely irrational and insane first the two fem-bots zonk out (do they count?), finally Kirk gives the other the "everything I say is a lie" paradox, and like a cartoon it begins smoking out of it's ears. :oldrazz:
Kirk acts like a real weanie and makes fun of it as it malfunctions:funny: Above link

2- Nomad that floating robot, Kirk makes it aware it mistook him for it's creator, and it's own program demands it destroy anything flawed, meaning it must destroy itself. (did they use the same plot for v-ger?)

3- War-games computer (M-5?) some scientist installs on the Enterprise to replace the crew and inevitably Kirk!
Kirk is not having it, after it goes to far in killing a real crew, through another paradox (this time in it's programming) something like -it must kill the humans to help them survive, Kirk convinces it to self destruct.

Q: What somewhat minor(8 episodes) but popular TNG character was going to be spun off as a major character in a new Trek series, but they turned the role down.

I had three too, It must be four. I forgot M-5 and you forgot the Landru computer from "Return of the Arcons"

Jonathan Frakes. Commander William Riker.

I don't know enough about Lois and Clark, so someone else is gonna have to take the other questions.

He was a rich collector of rare items, with his wife they stole these things. He duped Superman into a kryptonite cage to save Lois

Can't remember his name

Last edited:
The Akira Kurosawa film THE SEVEN SAMURAI was adapted as the Western THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN (wich is the actual translation of the Japanese film's title). It was however also adapted as a sci fi, scpace ship filled B-movie named what, directed by what director known for his low budget output as well as for giving a who's who list of Hollywood players their breaks into the world of film making?

The Akira Kurosawa film THE SEVEN SAMURAI was adapted as the Western THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN (wich is the actual translation of the Japanese film's title). It was however also adapted as a sci fi, scpace ship filled B-movie named what, directed by what director known for his low budget output as well as for giving a who's who list of Hollywood players their breaks into the world of film making?

Battle Beyond The Stars. I especially liked it because of George Peppard's character of "Cowboy". LOL

Yes. Can you name the film?

I can't. I thought you wanted the director's name not the film title :) Anyway, my knowledge on the subject isn't that deep. Corman is the only one I know who could fit.

Edit : Duke did it.

Battle Beyond The Stars. I especially liked it because of George Peppard's character of "Cowboy". LOL
Also what's great, as homage Robert Vaughn plays pretty much his exact same character that he did in Magnificent Seven.
This move plot would get used several more times, so...

Q1: What animated Disney movie adapts pretty much the same plot, only instead performers are recruited to guard the "town"?

Q2: What 2 live action comedies adopt the same plot but again with "performers" being mistakenly recruited instead.

Q3: Man somebody better get this one. What first Expanded Star Wars story line follows the same plot, name the group of mercenaries that are recruited to protect the town....(hint one of them is an irritable talking space rodent).:cwink:

Last edited:
Who does the voice of the Ninja Turtles in the theme song of the 80s series?

Q: What somewhat minor(8 episodes) but popular TNG character was going to be spun off as a major character in a new Trek series, but they turned the role down.
Hints -
The TNG episode she premiered in bares her character's name.
That same episode introduced her planet and species and it's conflict into Trek lore.
Her spin off role would have made her, that planets representative on a certain base.
:dry:

Last edited:
Hints -
That same episode introduced her planet and species and it's conflict into Trek lore.
Her spin off role would have made her, that planets representative on a certain base.
You really have no idea who this is do you:argh:

Crap, I know this one. She and Chief O'brien were supposed to be assigned to Deep Space 9 together. The actress turned it down and that's how we got the character of Major Nariss.

I can't think of her name though and it's killing me

Also what's great, as homage Robert Vaughn plays pretty much his exact same character that he did in Magnificent Seven.
This move plot would get used several more times, so...

Q1: What animated Disney movie adapts pretty much the same plot, only instead performers are recruited to guard the "town"?

Q2: What 2 live action comedies adopt the same plot but again with "performers" being mistakenly recruited instead.

Q3: Man somebody better get this one. What first Expanded Star Wars story line follows the same plot, name the group of mercenaries that are recruited to protect the town....(hint one of them is an irritable talking space rodent).:cwink:

1) The three caballeros?

2) The three amigos and Delta Farce?

3) I've read a lot of the EU but I don't remember that one.

ALl three movies may be wrong as its been forever since I've seen any of them. :p

Hints -
:dry:

Ro Laren

Last edited:
Really? Neat. I didn't like her character much in TNG and I don't think DS9 would have been as good since I like Kira quite a bit.

1) The three caballeros?

2) The three amigos and Delta Farce?
ALl three movies may be wrong as its been forever since I've seen any of them. :p

Where performers are mistaken for legit heroes I was going for-
1) Disney movie: A bugs life.
2) Live action comedies - Three Amigos and Galaxy Quest.
I hadn't heard of Delta Farce:funny:

3) I've read a lot of the EU but I don't remember that one.:p

D-pA_NjX4AA-ZlN.jpg

Stand-Alone Movies - Star Hoppers
:argh:http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=28146055&postcount=891
:waa:

Last edited:
I never read any SW comics with Bucky O'Hare so shaddup. :p

I never read any SW comics with Bucky O'Hare so shaddup. :p

Hey Jaxxon predates Bucky O'Hare, K'rot and all them others!
Story wise Marvel was just returning the Star Wars nod to Kurosawa.

What's funny is Lucas who at the time still had a cantina full of rodents, apparently chastised Marvel for including that abomination in his universe.
Then went on to approve freakin Jarjar.:oldrazz:

cj1foHU.jpg

Last edited:
Those were some great questions Mondragon.

I summon thee Trivia Thread... I call thee from the depths of the Hype basement... Go out and vex the nerds of this land with questions most foul!!! BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!

1. What actor from STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE also played The Doctor of DOCTOR WHO fame? No bovine excrement, this happened.

2. In ENEMY MINE, Dennis Quaid's character goes out searching for signs of human life only to find an empty soda can. What's the brand of the soda he finds in it's futuristic can?

3. In BACK TO THE FUTURE II Marty again goes into the Hill Valley malt shop only to find a totally automated experience. He is accosted by two robotic "waiters" who wish to take his order, each using the visage of two important political figures of the 1980's on their screens. Who are these figures? BONUS: One tries to harangue Marty into getting something by repeating it over and over. What did that waiter want Marty to get?

4. What is the name of the child Aeryn Sun and John Crichton have? Who is he named for?

#3 Ronald Regan, I don't know the other.

My question : how long is the Staff of Ra ?

Edit typing from an ipod is a pain.

Last edited:
Onh Man. Er 32 kelvins or something. Deduct one to honour somebody :funny:

Michaels Jackson offers Marty B-B-Beef or Pork

The other guy wanted to give Marty hot chilli special, over and over

Ayatollah Khomeini

"YOU MUST HAVE THE HOSTAGE SPECIAL!"

Yep, Khomeini and the Gipper.

Oh, the length of the staff of Ra? Damn... That's good. Off the top of my head I have no clue. I can't even spell what unit of measurement the old man Indy and Sallah go to see uses when they need the medallion translated. I know Indy's staff is the right height because of the length being shorter "to honor the Hebrew God... Whose ark this is". This is going to make me watch Raiders.

Seriously, with all the WHO-vians about no answer for the SW/WHO question?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"