Age of Ultron Avengers 2: Rotten Tomato Watch (No Spoilers l Spoiler Free Zone) - Part 1

Except when you are completely wrong about the plot, say for a movie like IM3. In which case, don't trust yourself. :sly:

You're never gonna let this one go.:mad: But yeah I was wrong and I admitted it.

That you boil it down to shutting down user comments bothers me. Threatening someones life isn't a small thing, nor is threatening to harm a woman in the ways that were mentioned.

Are some sports fans insane? Yes. That doesn't mean the same mentality doesn't apply to some fanboys, though I agree we haven't seen the same extremes thankfully. Here is the thing though, when one sports fan kills another, it has nothing to do with sports. There is something beyond that wrong with the murder. Just like the Aurora incident.

That kinda stuff is completely unacceptable. I don't care if it's sports, movies, whatever. When the line is crossed, the line is crossed.

Don't trust the consensus yet. It could still change. I have seen it in the past.

Yeah, they do put out a consensus pretty early. I remember the Interstellar consensus came out like way before the movie even released. So I won't trust it, but I will be satisfied if it turns out to be accurate.

You're never gonna let this one go.:mad: But yeah I was wrong and I admitted it.
Ask I SEE SPIDEY. I never let anything go,

tumblr_mt43vtHyP21shaex9o1_500.gif

That kinda stuff is completely unacceptable. I don't care if it's sports, movies, whatever. When the line is crossed, the line is crossed.
:up:

Yeah, they do put out a consensus pretty early. I remember the Interstellar consensus came out like way before the movie even released. So I won't trust it, but I will be satisfied if it turns out to be accurate.
I think MoS's came out really early and was really positive. Then they had to adjust it after it fell a lot.

With TA1 getting 311 reviews and the Phase 2 films having between 222 and 281 reviews with an average of 254, we're only between 25 and 30% of the total reviews that'll make up AoU's RT score. Let's say there's going to be an even 300 reviews, then AoU needs 149 more positive reviews to get to stay at 70% and 179 to move up to 80%.

With TA1 getting 311 reviews and the Phase 2 films having between 222 and 281 reviews with an average of 254, we're only between 25 and 30% of the total reviews that'll make up AoU's RT score. Let's say there's going to be an even 300 reviews, then AoU needs 149 more positive reviews to get to stay at 70% and 179 to move up to 80%.

Unfortunately, I think climbing back to 80% is going to be tough. If AOU settles in the mid-70s, it will be a bit of a victory I guess.

The victory is all of the cash the film is going to make. It's not like it's getting panned.

The victory is all of the cash the film is going to make. It's not like it's getting panned.
Yeah, I don't think Disney or Marvel are sweating it. Not when they are about to have a film make somewhere around two billion dollars. :funny:

Iron Man 93%
Iron Man 2 73%

Thor 77%
Thor: The Dark World 66%

Is Age of Ultron's score really that surprising?

Iron Man 93%
Iron Man 2 73%

Thor 77%

But then what about TFA's 79% to TWS' 89%? Just shows that with a more care for the script and characters, Marvel's sequels don't always have to go down in ratings.

But then what about TFA's 79% to TWS' 89%? Just shows that with a more care for the script and characters, Marvel's sequels don't always have to go down in ratings.

And dont forget about Marvel's last release GOTG at 91%

Fresh is Fresh so long as its fresh mission accomplished...

Iron Man 93%
Iron Man 2 73%

Thor 77%

Not sure what your point is. You cherry-picked two movies that were clearly worse than their predecessors. There's also TFA 79% to TWS 89%, and considering that this movie has the same director and cast as The Avengers, not sure what you're trying to say.

And if you expand to other CBMs, SM1 had 89% and SM2 had 94%. BB 85% to TDK 94%.

My point was this isn't the first time that a sequel to a well reviewed Marvel film had a big drop percentage wise. I find that interesting. I do wonder if Winter Soldier will be a fluke or if it's every other sequel will be good. I'm not going to bring up other comicbook films unrelated to Marvel studios because unlike some people on here I'm not trying to deflect talking about the topic at hand by bringing up other b******* that has nothing to do with Marvel Studios. The deflection is something I'm sick of but you know I just scroll past those posts and go about my merry way.

And yes I know that Winter Soldier is the one Marvel film that improved on it's predecessor according reviews anyway (and myself). So what? The film I'm talking about didn't.

Last edited:
Look, the film was either going to be as good as the original or inferior. It's proving to be the latter, I still think that even if the reviews weren't as good the critics still would have enjoyed some aspects of the movie. It's not as if the film is divisive.

My point was this isn't the first time that a sequel to a well reviewed Marvel film had a big drop percentage wise. That is my only point. I'm not going to bring up other comicbook films unrelated to Marvel studios because unlike some people on here I'm not trying to deflect talking about the topic at hand by bringing up other b******* that has nothing to do with Marvel Studios. The deflection is something I'm sick of but you know I just scroll past those posts and go about my merry way.

And yes I know that Winter Soldier is the one Marvel film that improved on it's predecessor according reviews anyway (and myself). So what? The film I'm talking about didn't.

Relax. I just don't really see the point in what you're saying. A sequel can either be better or worse than it's predecessor. Neither would be shocking. When it comes to Marvel Studios, it's already gone both ways before. So again, I just don't see what you're trying to point out, or if all you're pointing out is that it's not surprising for a sequel to have a lower score then...okay, I guess. Seems like an inane, obvious thing to say.

I'll just leave it there.

3 out of 4 is starting to become a trend.

I think a lot of **** people post on this thread is inane. :shrug:

Last edited:
You're right about that, I say inane stuff all the time :woot:

I don't think it's fair though. I'll give you TDW (that was just a low point for Marvel), but otherwise it's not really realistic to expect movies to consistently be critical hits. IM1 and TA are two of the best CBMs ever...is it really reasonable to expect their sequels to match or surpass their success? Or more importantly, is it fair to condemn a movie because it couldn't live up to the massive success of its predecessor (which also brings heightens expectations)?

I don't think it's reasonable to imply that Marvel in particular doesn't make good sequels, because looking around, you'll see that it's actually very rare for an exceptional CBM to have an equally impressive sequel. X2 was followed by X3. Spider-Man 2 was followed by Spider-Man 3. The Dark Knight was followed by TDKR, which while a great critical and financial success is divisive, to say the least. Point is, it's not easy to follow up a super-success. Don't see why you're singling out the MCU for a trend that is everywhere. This goes beyond CBMs too. Look at Return of the Jedi following Empire Strikes Back, or Pirates of the Caribbean 2 following the first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"