Avengers Alliance - Part 9

I guess there won't be another PVP now. Not sure why they even bothered with the SO. Its release did take us by surprise though, as if they did that to try to mitigate the disappointment for ending the game.

This was put up from game infrmer

Update: Disney has passed along a statement explaining its initial goals for the series, as well as its reasoning for shutting down the game:
"For more than four years, Marvel: Avengers Alliance has been one of DCPI's most successful games created for Facebook, and our hope was to continue the series with Marvel: Avengers Alliance 2, but the title has not met our performance expectations. As a result we have decided to focus our efforts on new game experiences."
[Source: Disney (1)(2)]

Our Take
While Disney is giving players a month's notice to use whatever items they spent money on, the outcry from fans is understandable. The idea that a game you spent time and money on could just disappear one day is still a new and frustrating phenomenon for many players.

How could Disney think people would take to MAA2? That was like starting again from scratch, and people who have been playing this game for years aren't going to want to do that. Anyway, I'm not starting any new game again, and probably won't ever play another online game again.

How could Disney think people would take to MAA2? That was like starting again from scratch, and people who have been playing this game for years aren't going to want to do that. Anyway, I'm not starting any new game again, and probably won't ever play another online game again.
they weren't thinking straight at all. the only people that would start that for sure are a new audience while only a small few would join. and those small few would need a good incentive.

like the freemium part not being so high and hevy handed or pushed from the start and they should have put it in a different place. mobile and face book again was the wrong market. should tried different venue

Well the ending of the spec ops ended on an intentional vague cliffhanger, 'did they save the universe or didn't they?'

Of course given the game is over one would think that would mean they didn't... but I would like to think they did...
though it seems it was a last minute change. Half the dialogue is acting like it was a temporary thing while Phyla and Adam's acted like it was the ultimate final solution.
Feel like they changed the dialogue at the last minute but left most of it, so some seems a bit off.

we know they did , since avengers Allince 2 was supposed to the next chapter as they claimed .

it just comic troupe to have it be vague which the writers don't seem to get that alot of people don't like danglers any more when something is canceled and if they ever do get back to it into it in another form they still leave things in question , never to be answer or revisited. That drive alot of up the wall.

Last edited:
I tried to play MAA2. I really, really did. I even played all the tasks to get 1901 Cap. But I just got bored with it. And I would rather just keep playing this game. But now they're both gone.

Don't worry about they should have know you weren't the right target and there were element of fun not in it that need fixing

ok so king fisher has made a video about his feeling's about all this and he was contacted by one of the people from twitter later on that game him shout out. king fisher feeling the same way we are and he allowed people to put up the petition on his you tube. he'll making video's of the game before it shut's down

check out below

WATCHED
[YT]qBu2pbZ3I6c[/YT]
Marvel Avengers Alliance: MAA 1 and 2 are shutting down?!

11,462 views 13 hours ago

Published on 1 Sep 2016
I am extremely saddened by this news, but it is apparently true. The channel will continue on though with a variety of content that I hope you all will enjoy.

You can sign the petition below.

https://www.change.org/p/the-walt-dis...

Support the channel. Become a Patron! - http://www.patreon.com/thekingfisher745
Donations are completely optional.

“Marvel: Avengers Alliance is a turn-based social network game developed by Playdom.” This game can currently be found on Facebook under games/apps and it is free to play. Construct your own team using your favorite heroes and even a few playable villains from the Marvel Universe! Take on epic bosses like Ultron, Red Skull, and Thanos himself, or even compete in PvP against other player created teams. If any of that sounds amazing to you, then make sure to check this game out! http://www.facebook.com/avengersallia...

source:
The Kingfisher 745

Looks like Disney gave a further explanation for the closure and I'm sure people aren't going to like it:
"For more than four years, Marvel: Avengers Alliance has been one of DCPI's most successful games created for Facebook, and our hope was to continue the series with Marvel: Avengers Alliance 2, but the title has not met our performance expectations. As a result we have decided to focus our efforts on new game experiences."
Source: Disney Shutting Down Marvel: Avengers Alliance At The End Of September

Basically they're cancelling the game because MAA2 failed to attract enough players from MAA1, which made them think the MAA brand is dead or dying and they need newer games to jumpstart their revenues and gaming division. Another reason never to trust DI/PD again.

Last edited:
Looks like Disney gave a further explanation for the closure and I'm sure people aren't going to like it:

Source: Disney Shutting Down Marvel: Avengers Alliance At The End Of September

Basically they're cancelling the game because MAA2 failed to attract enough players from MAA1, which made them think the MAA brand is dead or dying and they need newer games to jumpstart their revenues and gaming division. Another reason never to trust DI/PD again.

OH, We're aware. I put that same thing from game informer a few post's Above you. How ever we're not aware that marvel made a statement as well here it is

Comic Book Resources

7 hrs ·

Are you sad to see "Avengers Alliance" go?

Disney Interactive Shuts Down Marvel: Avengers Alliance
Are you sad to see "Avengers Alliance" go?

Marvel wrote in another, since-edited, blog post that it is shifting its focus to other online and mobile games, as well as a growing selection of Disney mobile apps.
“We deeply appreciate your enthusiasm and loyal support for Marvel: Avengers Alliance and sincerely hope you will continue to enjoy the large variety of online and mobile play experiences Disney offers, and will bring you soon.”

The two games feature different heroes from the Marvel Universe, as the gamer plays as an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. leading the characters on different story missions against a variety of Marvel Universe villains. The games were offered on the App Store, Google Play, Amazon Appstore, Windows Phone Store and Facebook.

Following the announcement of the shutdown on the Marvel: Avengers Alliance Facebook page, fans flocked to the comment section to voice their displeasure.
“Great game in concept, but ultimately it was killed by the unwillingness of the developers to listen to its fans, and an overreaching money grab,” wrote one fan in the comment section.

“Marvel: Avengers Alliance” originally launched on March 1, 2012; shortly before the release of Marvel Studios’ original “Avengers” film. “Avengers Alliance” was originally exclusive a Facebook game, before becoming available on iOS and Android platforms. “Marvel: Avengers Alliance 2” was released worldwide as a mobile-only sequel earlier this year, on March 30, 2016.
CBR.COM

Are there any vast CP rewards for completing this SO at all? Or any of the tasks?

Are there any vast CP rewards for completing this SO at all? Or any of the tasks?
Haven't done it yet, but I heard there are tasks that require less gold to skip than the reward (ie; you earn gold by skipping :hehe: )

zenith, can I give you a constructive criticism of your posts? It'd really help the readability of your posts if you stuck to just the main links, video, and text of the subject instead of copying and adding extraneous items like unnecessary photos, time stamps, page view counter, and duplicate links that throw off the formatting.

Even if they didn't update with any new content, I would've been quite happy to still have MAA around as I have tons of heroes still to be levelled up, and nearly all the alt uniforms still to recruit. And there are a ton of weapons I've never managed to farm for yet. I also still have 6 heroes (Sunfire, Volstagg, Spider-Man 2099, Songbird, Richard Rider and Faiza) still to recruit who aren't lockboxes. I don't think I'll ever manage to get them all because there's just not enough time to accumulate that many CPs.

Last edited:
Seems that the cutting of the MAA series was another move by Disney to get out of the gaming business and just go to a more cost-effective all-licensing model. I think with MAA now cut, they're down to maybe only a couple in-house games with everything else being licensed out to 3rd party companies. Here's the article that gave a further explanation of DI's plans after they cancelled Disney Infinity:

https://www.engadget.com/2016/05/12/disney-infinity-avalanche-closure-surprise/

Seems that the cutting of the MAA series was another move by Disney to get out of the gaming business and just go to a more cost-effective all-licensing model. I think with MAA now cut, they're down to maybe only a couple in-house games with everything else being licensed out to 3rd party companies. Here's the article that gave a further explanation of DI's plans after they cancelled Disney Infinity:

Well hopefully this means that future games won't be affected by 'the ban' like AA was once Disney bought Playdom.

I was thinking about the teams up against the worthy in Chapter 12 season 2 and most of them made sense to me like

Hawkeye vs Nerkkod( Mockingbird)
Hellcat vs Skirm(she hulk)
Jessica Jones vs Nul (Luke Cage)

Then we get Wasp Vs Kuurth (Jessica Drew), I have nothing against Janet but it seemed random , but wouldn’t have made more sense to be teamed up with Captain Marvel for that fight? Or maybe I'm just being nitpicky.

Last edited:
At this point I think they probably don't care if anything makes sense or not.

zenith, can I give you a constructive criticism of your posts? It'd really help the readability of your posts if you stuck to just the main links, video, and text of the subject instead of copying and adding extraneous items like unnecessary photos, time stamps, page view counter, and duplicate links that throw off the formatting.
hmm I'll see what I can do.

hmm then that's not surprising. It's lame of them plain lame it just furthers what I've been saying that marvel need to have their own gaming publisher house like how they created movie studio for them selves.
I was thinking about the teams up against the worthy in Chapter 12 season 2 and most of them made sense to me like

Hawkeye vs Nerkkod( Mockingbird)
Hellcat vs Skirm(she hulk)
Jessica Jones vs Nul (Luke Cage)

Then we get Wasp Vs Kuurth (Jessica Drew), I have nothing against Janet but it seemed random , but wouldn’t have made more sense to be teamed up with Captain Marvel for that fight? Or maybe I'm just being nitpicky.

I think it's cause wasp was considered to be shield operative way before the event's civil war and she supposed to be best friends with carol which translates to spider woman who was a sword agent first and joined shield later. it's may just cause they are in the same circles

wasp also had dealing in hell's kitchen and dated the paladin did a few case's with misty night and dare devil too.

Last edited:
I figured it was Wasp vs Spider-Woman just because they were both bug themed and Maria and Coulson thought it'd be cool.
that said, it shou'dve been Carol, she's her best friend.

Also have really liked White Tiger, Phyla-Vell and Warlock. Feel rather OP sometimes, guess Playdom didn't care about balancing them.

I ended up buying Magneto and Constrictor with some of my gold. Not sure why I'm even bothering, but it would be nice to get everyone.

I have Magneto, Elektra, Loki and Avalanche. I had 4 covers of Avalanche already so thought I should complete him. I'll never be able to train these to level 15 though. Some I'm even having trouble with training past level 1, especially since I also got White Tiger, Phylla Vel, Warlock and Beetle recently.

Don't know if I'd ever be able to get Sunfire, Volstagg, Faiza, Songbird, Spidey 2099 and Richard Rider. I only have 54 CPs left and I can't be bothered to farm.

There should've even been some way to record that I actually had these characters. But since I can't do that, then it doesn't really matter who I have or not.

I figured it was Wasp vs Spider-Woman just because they were both bug themed and Maria and Coulson thought it'd be cool.
that said, it shou'dve been Carol, she's her best friend.

Also have really liked White Tiger, Phyla-Vell and Warlock. Feel rather OP sometimes, guess Playdom didn't care about balancing them.
nah most people will say and sure you remember spider aren't bugs . lol

the thing they have in common is they are or were good friend's with carol and work for shield and are in same circles . carol still spider woman's besty but that was just being pushed again recently. carol had good best friend relation with carol before carol became binary and left the avengers cause she was mad at them after terrible story line where she was raped force to marry a villain and the avengers allowed it to happen infront of them . before that she was really good/ best friends with wasp.

I'm wining alot cp in the roulette along with gold . hope fully I get Phyla-Vell. I'm still working my way with warlock don't want to spend any gold ti near his icon.

if i win him fast enough, I might use him to kick odin's arse.

I have Magneto, Elektra, Loki and Avalanche. I had 4 covers of Avalanche already so thought I should complete him. I'll never be able to train these to level 15 though. Some I'm even having trouble with training past level 1, especially since I also got White Tiger, Phylla Vel, Warlock and Beetle recently.

Don't know if I'd ever be able to get Sunfire, Volstagg, Faiza, Songbird, Spidey 2099 and Richard Rider. I only have 54 CPs left and I can't be bothered to farm.

There should've even been some way to record that I actually had these characters. But since I can't do that, then it doesn't really matter who I have or not.
I think they gave the of game disney infinity more time then this.

the only people really get a nasty shaft with that game are those that bought it with apple tv . they still get to play the game on other systems but with out up dates.

but at least people get to keep the characters they picked up on those other current systems like Nintendo and Sony etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"