Infinity War Avengers Infinity War CRITICS REVIEW thread (TAG SPOILERS!)

My favorite line so far when I read a review that compared Avengers Infinity War to the ineptitude of Justice League... "Kinda like watching a pro boxer go a few rounds with a paraplegic."

It's harsh but not wrong. DC and WB made every mistake possible to self-sabotage the DCEU.

It's harsh but not wrong. DC and WB made every mistake possible to self-sabotage the DCEU.

"What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of me cashing in my sweet, sweet bonuses for this quarter!"

On topic, I think the critic response is about the best you can possibly get with such a large ensemble. It was clear that having this many characters (most being present for action and comedy purposes instead of having any arcs or significant plot contributions of their own) was going to be a sticking point for the more critical ones.

Guys, stop ragging on DC fans. Yes we get it, IW is more acclaimed and doing better at the BO. Rubbing it in does nothing for anyone.

My only real question/criticism of the movie is the end credit scene kind of invalidates something Nick Fury said in Avengers. I guess he was grandstanding when he said
Last year, Earth had a visit from another planet that had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously outgunned.

I mean, he was paging Captain Marvel, and that movie takes place in the 90s, so at the time of Avengers, he had known for at least 20 years that we were not alone in the universe, and that we were not outgunned.

Apologies if this has been discussed already.

Thought he was just ********ting to cover up and laid the guilt trip on Thor when he pulled a fast one like that amid some pretty heated arguments. He is father spy, spies lie. That’s how I viewed it even when I saw that first scene for the first time.

Last edited:
I did too and it's true. There's a scene in Captain Marvel where she trashes every single man in the universe... physically, and after she's done she turns to the screen and whispers "Women's rights. Down with the patriarchy."

DhtvxhEW4AE8_Y-

I don't know about Flint Marko but I do have "read the character", and she's mostly about punching bad guys and saving Earth. Brie Larson doesn't hate men (except for 40 year old white critics, for some reason she really doesn't like them :o), and I'm sure neither does Anna Boden (of course you're singling out the female director), who by the way has never said the weird crap that you're attributing to her.

What about you? Have you actually ever read a Ms./Captain Marvel comic, or are you just parroting the inane stuff that you've heard elsewhere?

I typed a response but decided against it. I'm not going to feed the troll, and luckily he won't last long around here with that toxic nonsense.

Is he really a troll, though? The internet is full of people spewing the same kind of stuff.

But anyway, to get back on topic...

My only real question/criticism of the movie is the end credit scene kind of invalidates something Nick Fury said in Avengers. I guess he was grandstanding when he said

I mean, he was paging Captain Marvel, and that movie takes place in the 90s, so at the time of Avengers, he had known for at least 20 years that we were not alone in the universe, and that we were not outgunned.

Apologies if this has been discussed already.
Yeah, I really want to see how they will explain that. My guess is that they simply won't, which is a shame because it was such a cool line. :hehe:

Is he really a troll, though? The internet is full of people spewing the same kind of stuff.

But anyway, to get back on topic...

Yeah, I really want to see how they will explain that. My guess is that they simply won't, which is a shame because it was such a cool line. :hehe:

He is a spy and he lied to cover his ass. That will probably be the answer.

My only critic focus on Hulk. He disapointed me.

And Corvus glaive also

My only issue with IW is that Maw is the only one of the Black Order to be verbally named.

That's all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"