Infinity War Avengers: Infinity War SPOILER User Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Now, if Cap gets the same role in the next one, then we got fighting words, LOL!!! :oldrazz:

But I really don't see that happening. I think rallying the team after this will be a major part of Avengers 4. Who better to bring everyone together and light their darkest hour than Captain America?

For about 3 seconds in that last shot of him, I thought he was going to start disappearing too, and I was ready to leap into the screen and save him myself.

We need to protect him at all costs. :oldrazz:

For about 3 seconds in that last shot of him, I thought he was going to start disappearing too, and I was ready to leap into the screen and save him myself.

LOL!!!! Agreed :oldrazz:

I am not ready to sacrifice Cap :argh:

How did War Machine make the cut? Does he count as an original? Lol

He also had his own 'fake-out' death (similar to Tony's) when Thanos punched him full strength in the face and he dropped. I get that the Russos were messing with us and I know he's super-resilient, but I'm a little annoyed that he didn't even lose a tooth. C'mon.

LOL!!!! Agreed :oldrazz:

I am not ready to sacrifice Cap :argh:

The way the camera stayed on him after Wanda told Vision we don’t trade one life for another made me think he was a goner in this one.

Plus, if they really go back in time during the next one, I still wanna see Cap use Mjolnir.

He also had his own 'fake-out' death (similar to Tony's) when Thanos punched him full strength in the face and he dropped. I get that the Russos were messing with us and I know he's super-resilient, but I'm a little annoyed that he didn't even lose a tooth. C'mon.

I actually semi-screamed out loud when he decked Cap because I thought that was it...and I have maybe half a voice right now because I'm just getting over a cold, so it basically came out like a squeak. :funny:

I am just not OK right now. I loved the movie. But good lord, I need a drink.

Was there that scene in the trailer where Thanos one punches Iron Man and he goes down like a stone? I don't remember seeing that.

Probably because he's been there since the beginning in 08. It works thematically

He's also one of the few characters who hasn't really gotten much to do in these movies. Aside from Iron Man 2, he's basically an afterthought in all the films he's been in.

I think it's a combination of him having a lot more to do, AND him having much more new character interactions to mix it up with. The Strange/Tony dynamic was fresh and fun, as well as his interactions with the Guardians, and of course we got a good continuation of the Iron Man /Spidey relationship.

Cap didn't have any of that at all in this film. He didn't play off any character well, new or old. His reunion with Bucky was also surprisingly very flat and way too quick. I thought this was his worst film to date. I just got no sense of him at all.

He's not the only one. In fact besides Wanda, almost all the earth-bound characters in wakanda felt short-changed to me none more so than black panther. At one point it even felt like okoye was getting more screen time and doing more than him during the battle. Went with a younger nephew who was a big fan of the character that left fairly disappointed by the end.

I will say though, people who wanted Bucky/Falcon Cap, I think this movie REALLY hurt those chances. They didn't get much development in this one at all, and also got snapped out of reality. I don't think they can get elevated enough at this point to take that mantle.

Oh man...someone posted a video on Twitter of their kid wearing a Cap costume, sitting on his mom's lap and absolutely bawling after the movie ended. :csad:

I had a blast watching this and absolutely loved it...BUT...I dont think time will be this film's friend in my mind. I DESPISE this MCU-overused trend (including in the Netflix and tv shows) of "this person is dead...aren't you sad? YAY! THEY ARE BACK!" And once I saw Black Panther die it was like...well, I'm already preparing myself to be ticked off at the massive resurrection scene coming in a year. On the plus side...when the big resurrection happens and all of the Avengers are together (including ones not seen in this film) THEN we'll finally get the "AVENGERS....ASSEMBLE!" line...so...I will temporarily forget the act that I'm mad.

But...in a vacuum...I thought this movie was a heck of a lot of fun...Thanos is a fantastic villain...and there's some really "oh my god" type moments.

I will say though, people who wanted Bucky/Falcon Cap, I think this movie REALLY hurt those chances. They didn't get much development in this one at all, and also got snapped out of reality. I don't think they can get elevated enough at this point to take that mantle.

Cap's entrance though... :ilv:

I actually semi-screamed out loud when he decked Cap because I thought that was it...and I have maybe half a voice right now because I'm just getting over a cold, so it basically came out like a squeak. :funny:

I am just not OK right now. I loved the movie. But good lord, I need a drink.

Yeah, I yelped. hee hee. I was prepared for Cap to die but definitely not in a movie that neglected him like this one did.

One thing that is very smart about this movie's ending is that it gave us the Guardians/Avengers mash-up full-throttle, but has now 'erased' almost all the characters that pull focus from Cap/Tony/Thor/Hulk/Widow. Which is smart, they deserve real screentime and a true sendoff in A4.

I wouldn't put this in my top 3 necessarily, but I have to admit it does an incredible job of portraying the whole huge Marvel Universe and getting all the fun crossover interactions in before clearing the deck for a more focused final act. It was a smart move to make a movie that was almost completely about HERE IS THE VILLAIN and HERE ARE THE STAKES.

And it'll leave enough room for Ant-Man, Wasp, Hawkeye, and of course Captain Marvel to contribute to the final movie.

I'm imagining we're gonna get one hell of an 'Avengers Assemble' scene once most of the disappeared get snapped back into existence.

Yeah I don't think anyone can take the mantle of capt.

I had a blast watching this and absolutely loved it...BUT...I dont think time will be this film's friend in my mind. I DESPISE this MCU-overused trend (including in the Netflix and tv shows) of "this person is dead...aren't you sad? YAY! THEY ARE BACK!" And once I saw Black Panther die it was like...well, I'm already preparing myself to be ticked off at the massive resurrection scene coming in a year. On the plus side...when the big resurrection happens and all of the Avengers are together (including ones not seen in this film) THEN we'll finally get the "AVENGERS....ASSEMBLE!" line...so...I will temporarily forget the act that I'm mad.

But...in a vacuum...I thought this movie was a heck of a lot of fun...Thanos is a fantastic villain...and there's some really "oh my god" type moments.

I would be ticked off at the resurrection scene, but this movie also included a bunch of pretty important deaths that I don't think will be reversed, which definitely helps it keep dramatic credibility. Loki is dead. And while it's possible that either Vision or Gamora could be revived in all the loopy reality-bending, I very much doubt that both of them will be saved. At least one of them is gone for good.

So many thoughts running my mind right now but for now I'll just say that the film was awesome and lived up to the hype. Kudos to everyone involved.

Purely as a cinematic experience, this was one of the all time greatest for me. Grabbed me by the stomach and never let me go. This didn't feel like a 2.5 hour movie. In any way.

Subverted a lot of expectations properly (looking at your Star Wars), gave me great returns, heroic scenes, and the grandeur I wanted. Thanos' development was great, and sure, I do feel some characters got short changed (Cap), I think that will be made up for in the next film. I have to say, for the Russos to have to juggle that many characters in 4 simultaneous narrative threads at once, they did an incredible job.

I haven't felt this exhilerated by a "comic book movie" since The Dark Knight.

I'm not one for clapping, but dammit, I couldn't help myself when Cap appeared silhouetted through the train cars. Everyone did.

Just realised. The Guardians' ship is on titan ( as that's how they must have got there), with Tony and Nebula, so they're not marooned at all.

Whew! Feeling better already.

Amazing movie. I liked Thanos' motive in the movie much more than the comics. Just awesome.

If they ever do reverse the Loki and the Asguardian deaths in the future, they really should go with kid-Loki.

But Loki :( my favourite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"