The Dark Knight Batsuit Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two Face said:
I don't like the lenses on Bale. :down:

Not lenses TwoFace...

...Contacts. :)

Okay, I am being a smartass. But you know what I mean. Contacts, you can see his emotion. Lenses you can't. That is why contacts look cool to me. (even though they are not realistic for a man fighting crime).

--dk7

darknight7 said:
Smaller Jaw...
jawfix4kp.jpg

--dk7

Yeah, that's definitely closer to reality.

I have to respectfully disagree with ragdus - the actual cowl's jaw is *definitely* way further back than Bales actual jaw, it almost goes past his ear.

You can tell by comparing profile shots of him in and out of the cowl - if anyone can find a straight-on profile of Bale in the cowl that's well-lit, I'd love to have it so I demonstrate this. I've got a good shot of Bale cowl-less, which I can then overlay on the cowl - unfortunately there are no direct profile shots where you can see the jaw that I can find.

Ronny Shade said:
lenses4ir.jpg

(With lenses instead of contacts)

Watch Batman: Dead End. Contacts look terrible.

I know that you probably did that rendering of the mask pretty quick. So I don't mean to be a jerk and try to outstage it or whatever. But in my opinion, if they were going to make Batman with lenses, they would be shaped to Batman's eyes from the comics (just like Spiderman's were shaped to resemble his comics). They would be slits, to make him more intimidating. Sort of like this:

**IN NO WAY IS THIS COOL BY ANY MEANS.lol. I did it really quickly, just to get an idea of what they would look like, shaped like Batman eyes. lol. It looks pretty bad lol.**

angel2qx.jpg

--dk7

darknight7 said:
I know that you probably did that rendering of the mask pretty quick. So I don't mean to be a jerk and try to outstage it or whatever. But in my opinion, if they were going to make Batman with lenses, they would be shaped to Batman's eyes from the comics (just like Spiderman's were shaped to resemble his comics). They would be slits, to make him more intimidating. Sort of like this:

**IN NO WAY IS THIS COOL BY ANY MEANS.lol. I did it really quickly, just to get an idea of what they would look like, shaped like Batman eyes. lol. It looks pretty bad lol.**

angel2qx.jpg

--dk7

I don't think they're quite the right shape, but the smaller size is definitely closer to what lenses would have to be. The certainly can't be big round things like the existing eyeholes on the Begins cowl.

lujho said:
I don't think they're quite the right shape, but the smaller size is definitely closer to what lenses would have to be. The certainly can't be big round things like the existing eyeholes on the Begins cowl.

Exactly! I know that is a crap job, I am feeling pretty lazy right now. lol. I know they are too square-ish looking, but I was trying to make them practicle, and easy to see out of. (That is another thing, if the mask had lenses, I think it would mess with his peripheral vision.

--dk7

Okay... this is a work in progress, only one eye is done... I don't know if I'll do the other, or make any other changes to other parts of the cowl, but... here is, if I do say so myself, the best lens manip I've seen (best I've done, certainly).

Not perfect, but gives a better idea of how I'd like to see lenses done at least.

Batlensescool.jpg

And for those who need to see the eyes - semi-transparebt lenses, with different methods of lighting, will allow that when it's neccessary - close-ups etc.

Batlensescooltrans.jpg

In long wide shots, you'll just be able to see the glowing reflections... OR, with different lighting, you could not have any reflection at all for a hooded, empty socket look.

Batlensescoolnoeyes.jpg

Add some prosthetic-like brow movement and the possibilities for various iconic cinematic looks and ways to express emotion FAR outweigh any other way of doing it.

Eat that, lens-haters.

Thanks to darknight7 for the original manip - hope you don't mind me using that as a basis, but I though it was a pretty good alteration.

Besides as people have said like Keaton, Bale's eyes strike are meant to show an intensity and fear (well meant to)

darknight7 said:

angel2qx.jpg

--dk7

Yeah I did do it pretty quickly. Looks like you did too. I don't think either of us have the right shape down.

I say think the Daredevil lenses, but white. Don't have time to do another crappy manip.

darknight7 said:
GOPHERBOY (as my brother calls it) VS. BATMAN (hush style)
*edit*
gofermanvsbatman9gn.jpg

The more I look at this picture, the tougher the right image looks. SQUARE JAW ALL THE WAY:cool: WOOT!

--dk7
The one on the right is so much better that it sickens me.

lujho said:
Does anyone here think that maybe... maybe the designs posted in this thread by Wams are by whoever did those Year One designs for the Aronofsky project.

There's a strong similarity in the cowl details - could be that whoever drew it (and as far as I know we don't know who that wa) was just imitating that look, but there's something to the images overall that really reminds me of those earlier versions.

I think the Aronosfky designs were a bit more amatuerish than these.

darknight7 said:
Not lenses TwoFace...

...Contacts. :)

Okay, I am being a smartass. But you know what I mean. Contacts, you can see his emotion. Lenses you can't. That is why contacts look cool to me. (even though they are not realistic for a man fighting crime).

--dk7

Ok then I do NOT want to see contacts, I'm not big fan of them on Batman.

the begins suit was near perfect. near..
the cape should wrap all the way around him. not have those clasps.
i hope in the sequel we see a wrap around cape. thats the way batman is supposed to look like.

Super_Ludacris said:
He looks like he's possesed

I think it makes him look badass. The lenses would hide his emotion, but contacts definately wouldn't. They would just make him scarier. More of a creature. But it will never be done because it is too unrealistic. Although he does take the time to paint around his eyes, he is not going to take the time to put in contacts. Plus, they are dangerous. If his eyes get itchy, or if his contact falls out, or slips up under his eyelid. That is why we will never see contacts. And that is fine, but as for the look, I think it is super bad ass monster-ish. :)

--dk7

Lujho, if you don't mind. I took the honours of adding in the second lense. You said it was work in progress and that you MIGHT not complete it, so I just copied and pasted the one you had done and added to the other side, just to see what it would look like, and figured I would show everyone on here as well. And I am sure if you decide to complete it that it will look much better, but it is a rough idea, and looks great (thanks to you).

So this is for the LENSE fans and the EYES fans. lol.

LENSES vs BARE EYES
batlensescool28gx.jpg

(if they decided to upgrade the mask, without lenses, I would want it to look like that image on the right)

--dk7

Batlensescool.jpg

That right(our left) eye looks amazing! Just do the other. Oh and really just noticed the ears lol, they look pretty good too. But the first thing to be changed should be those huge side jaws Bale has in the suit.

But changes will definitely be made, hopefully they change the jaw, take off the clasps and make it a part of the suit, Some cool lenses would be nice but not needed, put the beginning of the cape under the end of the cowl like in the comics and kinda like in Batman '89. I like the industrial bodysuit look so I think they should keep it, maybe modify it a bit.

But Batman will definitely have a new costume, they never take out the same costumes(especially Bat-suits) from the previous films and use them in the sequel. New ones are always made.

Edit: Oh and make the mouth-piece Bigger, Batman's mouth piece has never been small in the comics like that.

darknight7 said:
Lujho, if you don't mind. I took the honours of adding in the second lense. You said it was work in progress and that you MIGHT not complete it, so I just copied and pasted the one you had done and added to the other side, just to see what it would look like, and figured I would show everyone on here as well. And I am sure if you decide to complete it that it will look much better, but it is a rough idea, and looks great (thanks to you).

So this is for the LENSE fans and the EYES fans. lol.

LENSES vs BARE EYES
batlensescool28gx.jpg

(if they decided to upgrade the mask, without lenses, I would want it to look like that image on the right)

--dk7

I agree. I think it would be hard to make the lenses serve a purpose in Nolan's bat universe(except maybe for night vision).

Mr. Vice said:
I agree. I think it would be hard to make the lenses serve a purpose in Nolan's bat universe(except maybe for night vision).
EYE.PROTECTION.

Mr. Vice said:
:( I still don't buy it...
Suit yourself.

But if I were a vigilante, going up against knives, bullets, and poisonous substances, I'd want my eyes safe. Can't fight much crime when you're BLIND, can you?

Boom said:
Suit yourself.

But if I were a vigilante, going up against knives, bullets, and poisonous substances, I'd want my eyes safe. Can't fight much crime when you're BLIND, can you?

Genius!

Another great reason. The only part un-protected then would be mouth which Batman could just put his arm/cape across his mouth to cover when being blasted with bullets. But would someone wearing all the armor really block their eyes with their hands, not to mention they wouldn't be able to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"