Apocalypse Ben Hardy Joins the Cast of ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ - Part 1

Haha I guess so. I really love the new wings.

Boy, his performance in this picture is terrible...

Ben Hardy is meh :barf:. Hope Angel will be killed at the end of the movie.

This is the character I am most worried about, I'm not a massive fan of his look and any "Eastender" actor is certainly questionable to begin with. I hope he can prove us doubters wrong, I mean will he get a lot of lines anyway?

I just wish we were getting more "Archangel" than Angel being a big fan of the character with people like Storm, Psylocke, Mags and Apoc looking so damn good it just seems like a missed opportunity.

We shall see I guess I just hope he turns out to be a surprise hit like QS.

DTZcSSD5.jpg

Remove the wings and he can definitely pass as Longshot, looks wise!

It was a dig at the people who keep saying that about his photos.

It was a dig at the people who keep saying that about his photos.

Yeah I dont get that either how a picture not even from the movie, can show how well an actor can perform, but this is the X-boards and nothing suprises me any more here.

Honestly I also don't get this "his robotic/lacking in emotion in pictures, he'd be terrible in film". I mean like... you do know he's probably a silent horseman or probably have a role like a Pyro. I just never use emotions in pictures as an indication if the actor will deliver or not especially a promotional pic. But we'll see. As of now, I don't see anything wrong with him.

Problem with the whole silent characters is that if you look at almost every X-Men movie there is always the characters that stay quiet and just stand there almost emotionless until they need to fight, mystique,sabertooth,lady deathstrike, colossus, emma frost, reptide, azazel ect ect.

And the thing about the marketed images of ben is that obviously they are all directed on how to pose and then they pick the ones they are happy with.

This is probably how some would rather he posed as archangel, or at least a little more to how he poses here

Ben-Hardy-Angel-567x340.jpg

Last edited:
Problem with the whole silent characters is that if you look at almost every X-Men movie there is always the characters that stay quiet and just stand there almost emotionless until they need to fight, mystique,sabertooth,lady deathstrike, colossus, emma frost, reptide, azazel ect ect.

And the thing about the marketed images of ben is that obviously they are all directed on how to pose and then they pick the ones they are happy with.

This is probably how some would rather he posed as archangel, or at least a little more to how he poses here

Ben-Hardy-Angel-567x340.jpg

He has quite a baby face in that promo Angel picture in costume, more so than he has in real life!

The problem (for me anyway) is that his face isn't 'saying' anything, there's no expression, no emoting... And because his hair/make-up design gives him more of a baby face, it just doesn't feel like it fits the character - an angel of death...

Yeah I dont get that either how a picture not even from the movie, can show how well an actor can perform, but this is the X-boards and nothing suprises me any more here.
If you look at someone like Fassbenders promo images for the movie... he's usually giving something. It's part of why he's a good actor. He conveys feeling and emotion well, even in still and promotional images.

Ben hardy on angel from Empire

'He's been wronged a lot In his life,' he explains. "He's angry about that and maybe quite cocky and arrogant

While probably won't be alot it does sound like he has some dialogue

I hope I don't want Angel to be one and done character again. :csad:
If I'm being honest... I would've preferred to see him at the end in his comic-accurate X-Men costume rather than Mystique/Quicksilver. That way we'd have 4 of the original 5 (Iceman is obviously offbounds).

Last edited:
Archangel looks awesome. Him and Psylocke both have really striking looks for the movie.

If I'm being honest... I would've preferred to see him at the end in his comic-accurate X-Men costume rather than Mystique/Quicksilver. That way we'd have 4 of the original 5 (Iceman is obviously offbounds).

I couldn't agree more with you. I've said my reasons before why I don't want Raven and Peter to join the X-Men especially as "founding members", the thought of it just makes me cringe :cmad:. This would be the 2nd time that Angel doesn't get to join the X-Men for whatever reasons.

I think Ben looks stunning in this photo.... I think some people need to stop being debbie downers about him

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"