The Dark Knight Rises Best versions of Bane!

Rises
Origins
BTAS
YJ
JL Doom

the rest dont even deserve to be called Bane.

I dont want to derail the thread or anything but Milost was most certainly a troll IMO,he fits the definition perfectly.
It's one thing to hate on something,but what he does is on a completely different level,it's like he cant stand the thought of someone enjoying TDKR.

He is a lot more like comic book Bane. He is comic book Bane is he was properly adapted by Nolan. He still has all Knightfall aspects intact while still having a lot of the Nolan vibe in there. It's amazing.

You know how everyone said Scarecrow/Freeze stole the show in AA/AC respectively despite not being the main villains? Bane steals the show in AO. :woot:

Knightfall isn't the only Bane story and personally it's not even my favorite,when it comes to Bane I'd rather read Secret Six,Bane of the Demon and the Vengeance of Bane one shots any day over Knightfall. Origins Bane also owes a lot to Nolan Bane I doubt the creators wouldv'e even bothered getting Bane right if it weren't for Nolan,the previous Arkham games (which preceded Rises) are proof of that. Nolan's Bane incorporated various different aspects of Bane from throughout his continuity(Knightfall,Secret Six,Legacy/Bane of the Demon etc),I'd say that's more faithful than just one story.

Nothing top's Hardy's Bane for me it might be because previously the only actual acting of Bane i'd seen was the horrendous Clooney film. So to see him transformed from a bulky, enforcer style accomplice to full criminal mastermind was awesome. Also he created some of the best dialogue from all 3 films in my opinion.

Nothing top's Hardy's Bane for me it might be because previously the only actual acting of Bane i'd seen was the horrendous Clooney film. So to see him transformed from a bulky, enforcer style accomplice to full criminal mastermind was awesome. Also he created some of the best dialogue from all 3 films in my opinion.

Who turned out to just be an accomplice for Talia.

Last edited:
Nolanverse Bane is my favorite. He had some of the best lines, epic battle with Batman, etc... The only problem is that he went out like a punk.

Who turned out to just be an accomplice for Talia.

Well his only other accomplice was Poision Ivy last time I seen him so he's moving up in the world haha.
Hes much more than an accomplice in Nolan's films anyway and I have never really been a fan of his wrestling mask. His maskin TDKR is far more intimidating.

Well his only other accomplice was Poision Ivy last time I seen him so he's moving up in the world haha.
Hes much more than an accomplice in Nolan's films anyway and I have never really been a fan of his wrestling mask. His maskin TDKR is far more intimidating.

Besides resembling a tarantula, what I've always wondered is how he eats and drinks through that thing, he said taking it off is "extremely painful"

In a way I'm glad they didn't use it because we wouldn't have appreciated Hardy's performance as much but I think the best mask they could have used for that film was an earlier design.

Pretty bad ass just need to add the red eyes
Bane_mask.png

I like that. He could even had some tribal paintings

I like that. He could even had some tribal paintings

Would have been awesome that mask and I know they wanted realism but they could have pitched venom as some kind of extreme steroid

Wow, I'm surprised that Nolanverse Bane is the favorite. I would've thought it was going to be Arkham Origins (which is my second favorite).

I friggin love quoting Bane in Bane-voice. Especially in everyday conversation:

"Time to go mobile"
"Gratefully accepted. We will need it."
"Ahh, yes, I was wondering what would break first."

Arkham Origins, pre Titan. That's Bane right there. I wish this template was followed.

TNBA Bane in 'Over The Edge' is fantastic as well.

Nolan Bane excels in individual moments, but not the whole. Underground with Gordon, killing Daggett, flogging Batman and the rematch in the streets, before getting knocked down.

Nolan's Bane followed by Knightfall Bane up until breaking of batsy. TAS was ok I guess and haven't stumbled upon the other's as yet.

With that said....Bane (and the movie on a whole) was a big fat canister oozing of so much potential that was ultimately waisted because of a lack of focus and more creative hard hitting decisions that should accompany a finale. I still feel that Selina didn't belong in the movie or that version of her at least who was too over the top and stretching it in the universe. The things fans connected to leading up to this point and the exciting possibilities that they created seemed like an after thought in this movie leading to a feeling of...is a movie missing?....where's the sequel?

Overall the thing that really felt thrown under the rug was how Batman would deal with having the dogs being set on him, being hunted, hated etc. How would this be handled in a universe trying to be grounded. Where's the explosive clash between the Batman refusing to let go of his obsession despite being at odds with the law like never before after being painted the villain? How would he rise from such a place?

He did.........but by then people already started to question if he ever existed.....by then the freshly squeezed juice spoiled and nobody wanted to drink it anymore.

Nolan's Bane followed by Knightfall Bane up until breaking of batsy. TAS was ok I guess and haven't stumbled upon the other's as yet.

With that said....Bane (and the movie on a whole) was a big fat canister oozing of so much potential that was ultimately waisted because of a lack of focus and more creative hard hitting decisions that should accompany a finale. I still feel that Selina didn't belong in the movie or that version of her at least who was too over the top and stretching it in the universe. The things fans connected to leading up to this point and the exciting possibilities that they created seemed like an after thought in this movie leading to a feeling of...is a movie missing?....where's the sequel?

Why Knightfall Bane second?? That's the original G right there!

Why Knightfall Bane second?? That's the original G right there!

Wasn't a fan of Knightfall Bane's costume and I favor live adaptations over comics BUT....a merger between Knightfall Bane and TDKR's costume with some changes to the character and story would be the Bane of my dreams.

Wasn't a fan of Knightfall Bane's costume and I favor live adaptations over comics BUT....a merger between Knightfall Bane and TDKR's costume with some changes to the character and story would be the Bane of my dreams.

But he looked more like a Mortal Kombat character rather than Bane, especially with that tarantula on his face

But he looked more like a Mortal Kombat character rather than Bane, especially with that tarantula on his face

Bane always looked like he belonged in Mortal Kombat, and i don't say that in a bad way, MK is awesome . And i can understand picking Movie bane over original one, though i love both. Movie bane broke the bat, had the city in his grasps for months. Knightfall bane is very very smart but much as i hate to say it, a bit of a coward, Rises bane fought batman in a fair fight, yes batman wasn't at his best but that's not cause anything bane did. Batman came after bane and Bane destroyed him, complete opposite of Knightfall bane who did all he could to have a massive advantage. And for as good as origins Bane was, he did end up turning himself into a big mindless brute by the end of it.

Last edited:
Easily Nolan's version, and TBH, at least to me, most of his iterations were the best versions. Or should I say, fell most in line with my own internal interpretations of the characters. Taking nothing away from Ledger's performance but a good amount of it was right there in the script for him to work with, Nolan & co. don't get enough credit for that. They took the best parts of his character and spun them into a perfect combination of all his elements that work.

Same thing with Bane, his motivations, his methods, his back story, his appearance, all of it is what I think of Bane now whenever he's mentioned. He's way more iconic now, in the public lexicon, then he ever would've been from any other iteration...

I did not expect the Nolan version to get that many votes

It's not that surprising if you think about it. Bane was really not that popular of a character before TDKR in terms of Batman villains. And I don't just mean in the mainstream. Before 2010 when it was announced, most fans' top 3 wish lists for villains for the third movie didn't even include Bane. And now he's more popular than ever.

There are plenty of fans who prefer his Knightfall or Arkham Origins incarnations, but if you're talking sheer numbers then "OF CURSSHHHH" the Nolan/Hardy version is the most popular.

I have to agree with BatLobsterRises. Bane would never have been my choice for the third film and he's probably one of my least liked villains. However, I really enjoyed Nolan's reimagining of the character and I would love if they used some of that Nolan influence on the comic version.

Im not really a Riddler fan, and so it only excited me if he was chosen for the third, if he was played by one of my favorite actors. Which happened with Batman Forever. So that was the only way i could have been excited for that. It was also too close to Joker for my tastes so i was more than happy Bane was the guy.

I loved Bane as a kid. From Knightfall anyway. Even though im not too crazy about the actual story, i always thought that version of the character was awesome. Didn't like the B:TAS version and thought Batman & Robin's sasquatch with no hair was trash. So when i heard Nolan was tackling Bane it was the best newsday ever.

Tom Hardy was also becoming one of my favorite actors at the time, going into Rises, after watching Inception, Bronson and The Take. So yeah Bane from Rises is the best version. Even over the comics. That mask, that Hardy swagger and nuance (eyes, voice) has made it definitive for me.

There were definitely some people who called Bane before the fact, and I give them props for thinking outside the box.

I was a diehard Hugo Strange supporter, guilty as charged. But as soon as Hardy was announced as Bane I instantly got it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"