Black Panther Sequel ideas...

Zemo coming back would make sense especially since he was the one who killed King T'Chaka

I really want to see Monica in the sequel but no triangle please. Just have Nakia and T'Challa go their separate ways.

I would love to see Zemo again, even if not as the primary villain.

Zemo playing a role would be nice to see in the future, but only if he naturally fits a story.

But the next film should deal with the immediate repercussions of opening up Wakanda to the outside world. The best villains for that are Achebe and Moses Magnum.

For a third film, after Wakanda's presence and influence is solidified worldwide, I think an adaptation of Enemy of the State is a must. That's where they could work in Zemo and the Thunderbolts.

Achebe or Moses Magnum strike me as making the most sense for a villain selection. I like the idea of reinventing Achebe into being the dictator of a neighboring country.

Dr. Doom would be cool, but I feel that he should be established in a FF film and face off against them first before meeting other heroes in the MCU. I like the Namor suggestion, but I feel that he would work better in the third film personally.

NAMOR. Introduce him in BP2 as the villain/anti hero with him ultimately turning good. There is a lot of story potential with the idea of Wakanda having an ancient rivalry with Atlantis.

latest
top10_tax_wesley_snipes.jpg

A bit of a deep pull, but I think Moses Magnum would be a great fit for the next sequel. The fear is that opportunists will swarm in to take advantage of Wakanda, and Magnum Force is a great choice to embody those that would seek to take advantage of open trade to do harm, as well as provide commentary on the military industrial complex.

Yep :up:

With Wakanda opening up somewhat a villain like Moses Magnum looking to exploit that would be great. They could also tie Magnum's seismic energy powers into Vibranium.

NAMOR. Introduce him in BP2 as the villain/anti hero with him ultimately turning good. There is a lot of story potential with the idea of Wakanda having an ancient rivalry with Atlantis.

I like this! But I have no idea if that could happen as I think the rights are still somewhat tied up with Universal.

I really want to see Monica in the sequel but no triangle please. Just have Nakia and T'Challa go their separate ways.

I would love to see Zemo again, even if not as the primary villain.

I think with Monica, there's just so many characters already, adding her in would only make things too busy and she really doesn't add much to the story. Hunter is really the only supporting character I'd want to see added at this point.

I think with Monica, there's just so many characters already, adding her in would only make things too busy and she really doesn't add much to the story. Hunter is really the only supporting character I'd want to see added at this point.

I don't want to see Monica or Storm. We've barley scratched the surface with Nakia. I've no attachment to the character of Monica so I don't have to ever see that character on screen. And I'm willing to wait till after the Black Panther trilogy to see T'challa and Ororo cross paths.

We honestly don't need the storm/bp relationship. In the grander scheme of things it's basically a footnote in his history. Imo

I think BP2 should not be a crossover but a true Black panther film.So no Namor or Doom.save that for BP3 or an event film.

And no Moses Magnum.We just had an Arms dealer/Terrorist in Klaw.Give Moses Magnum to Luke cage,Lord knows he needs it.

Achebe,Mephisto,Whitewolf in BP2 will be my choice.Thats right all 3.

After all BP1 had 3 villains.

Achebe, white wolf and Moses magnum. Or Kraven in place or magnum if at all possible.

Too bad Djimon was already in GOTG in a role where he is used as a meme now a days. Like Sterling playing N'Jobu an impactful role it is hard to recast them as another character.

I think BP2 should not be a crossover but a true Black panther film.So no Namor or Doom.save that for BP3 or an event film.

And no Moses Magnum.We just had an Arms dealer/Terrorist in Klaw.Give Moses Magnum to Luke cage,Lord knows he needs it.

Achebe,Mephisto,Whitewolf in BP2 will be my choice.Thats right all 3.

After all BP1 had 3 villains.

I still think BP2 may need an anticipated and popular hero in order to draw in a large audience that will benefit the box office.

I still think BP2 may need an anticipated and popular hero in order to draw in a large audience that will benefit the box office.

As of now, even if the sequel grosses $700 million, it will be profitable. It might just be seen as underwhelming. The success of this has basically given them free reign to get in as close to the comics as possible and still have an audience come out for it.

I think the only thing holding back an Achebe/Mephisto plot is just how much it sticks out from other Black Panther stories, which are much more grounded, James-Bond style stories. They may not want to dive into something so radically different when they have such a great genre set-up.

That story is completely possible without mephisto. And Ross. And marvel never follows comic plots beat for beat.

That story is completely possible without mephisto. And Ross. And marvel never follows comic plots beat for beat.

I mean, they can use Achebe to good effect without delving into the mystical demon stuff, but I was directly referring to people talking about a King of the Dead type movie explicitly dealing with Mephisto.

I disagree. First of all, I think it's safe to say that not every character will be returning for the sequel, so I'm not buying that Monica would make things too busy. Her presence would actually allow Coogler to further explore the connection between Africans and African Americans. I don't see him wanting to drop that, especially with that ending to this first film.

Yeah I would love to see Zemo in a Sequel here, but I doubt it will happen.

Follow up with the end of the film and Wakandan outreach to the rest of the world but tie that into whatever plot is the main focus of the film.

And yeah, I wouldn't mind Doom, or Namor or Moses Magnum being the antagonist to BP and Wakanda.

I don't necessarily at this point want something were it's a power struggle for the throne and more a direct threat to the country itself.

I am surprised at how explicitly political in a real world sense the film was so please continue that aspect in some way as well. In Kilmonger we had someone seeing Wakanda as the hope of the disenfranchised. Well if Wakanda is now being open about their true nature what is the reaction from neighboring countries now that they know such an advanced nation with incredible resources and technology was always in their midst but that nation did nothing to help beyond its border. You could easily see other African nations close to Wakanda having some resentments.

Follow up with the end of the film and Wakandan outreach to the rest of the world but tie that into whatever plot is the main focus of the film.

And yeah, I wouldn't mind Doom, or Namor or Moses Magnum being the antagonist to BP and Wakanda.

I don't necessarily at this point want something were it's a power struggle for the throne and more a direct threat to the country itself.

I am surprised at how explicitly political in a real world sense the film was so please continue that aspect in some way as well. In Kilmonger we had someone seeing Wakanda as the hope of the disenfranchised. Well if Wakanda is now being open about their true nature what is the reaction from neighboring countries now that they know such an advanced nation with incredible resources and technology was always in their midst but that nation did nothing to help beyond its border. You could easily see other African nations close to Wakanda having some resentments.

Yes that and if they re-form SHIELD or if HYDRA is still a presence the United States government would obviously see Wakanda as a threat

Why? Because of the fact that they harbored a known fugitive the Winter Soldier and they would see that as an act of treason

Yes that and if they re-form SHIELD or if HYDRA is still a presence the United States government would obviously see Wakanda as a threat

Why? Because of the fact that they harbored a known fugitive the Winter Soldier and they would see that as an act of treason

It wouldn't be treason since T'Challa is not a US citizen or government official. But it makes sense that tension between Wakanda and the outside word would be on the rise due to harboring fugitives, hoarding resources, stockpiling futuristic weaponry and [BLACKOUT]increasing global influence through investment in under served communities[/BLACKOUT]. Those tensions bringing the nation to the brink of war would be a interesting idea for the sequel.

Yes it would and the sequel would have a political thriller type feel to it similar to Cap 2: Winter Soldier

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"