Sequels Black Panther Solo Film!

I also want him to show some hints of superhuman ability due to the herbs, but have it be kind of ambiguous, like people wondering is he just that good, are the herbs supernatural in nature, etc.

That does sound fly. I think he should be super-soldier-ish, but do some really incredible things with his agility and acrobatics that just push the envelope and make you wonder, but not enough for it to seem cartoonish either.

I think the easiest way to set Black Panther apart from Batman *instantly* for even the daftest of viewers is the necklace on top of the capeless Kirby costume. It's skin tight, not armor, it's full masked, no cape, he's got a necklace, he's not Batman. I think too much gold trim is gaudy though, and contrary to, y'know, stealth.

What would make it even cooler is if the film accentuated the things that BP and Batman have in common that movie Batman doesn't have: World Class Deductive Skills (Holmes/Lightman level), Incredible Acrobatic combat skills (Kung Fu Movie level), and an abundance of post-modern gadgets (Brosnan Bond, Keaton Bat-franchise level).

Mostly I want him to set himself apart from other Avengers, and indeed, other cinematic superheroes with his incredible brain power, not just for science, but for everything.

That does sound fly. I think he should be super-soldier-ish, but do some really incredible things with his agility and acrobatics that just push the envelope and make you wonder, but not enough for it to seem cartoonish either.

I think the easiest way to set Black Panther apart from Batman *instantly* for even the daftest of viewers is the necklace on top of the capeless Kirby costume. It's skin tight, not armor, it's full masked, no cape, he's got a necklace, he's not Batman. I think too much gold trim is gaudy though, and contrary to, y'know, stealth.

What would make it even cooler is if the film accentuated the things that BP and Batman have in common that movie Batman doesn't have: World Class Deductive Skills (Holmes/Lightman level), Incredible Acrobatic combat skills (Kung Fu Movie level), and an abundance of post-modern gadgets (Brosnan Bond, Keaton Bat-franchise level).

Mostly I want him to set himself apart from other Avengers, and indeed, other cinematic superheroes with his incredible brain power, not just for science, but for everything.

I'd have some sort of ceremonial outfit with tons of bling and the cape just so we get to see both designs on the big screen (the same way Cap managed to squeeze 3 looks into one film.)

The plain suit is my favorite, so I'd have it be done like this:

Use this for fight scenes:

12887storystory_full-6867656_.jpg

Use this for when T'Challa is doing royal activities:

Blackpanther1.jpg

As happy I am that Ant Man was announced I'd being doing somersaults in the streets if they announced Black Panther.

I like Ant Man, but I do have to raise an eyebrow at him getting greenlit before BP. Especially with their current standings in comics.

They need a scene in the Black Panther movie where he takes on each of the big three toe-to-toe besting each of them tactically. At that point they all look at each other and say they rather have this guy on their side.

I like Ant Man, but I do have to raise an eyebrow at him getting greenlit before BP. Especially with their current standings in comics.

I think they're laying the groundwork for Ultron but if Black Panther doesn't get a phase 3 solo movie alot of fans are going to seriously question the reasoning.

I sometimes wonder if Marvel is just concerned that making a film that glorifies a dark skinned man who worships a pagan god and refuses to share his natural resources with America will scare away the Romney sect. That sounds like something that would have Neo-cons carrying torches through the woods to Marvel Studios HQ.

I know this is a company that has managed to make an a-political movie about a guy who wears an American flag, but I feel like Marvel is trying to make BP less... divisive in his characterization.

Last edited:
They need a scene in the Black Panther movie where he takes on each of the big three toe-to-toe besting each of them tactically. At that point they all look at each other and say they rather have this guy on their side.
That scene would make me geekgasm so hard, though I expect we'd see that in an Avengers film rather than a Black Panther movie.

I think they're laying the groundwork for Ultron but if Black Panther doesn't get a phase 3 solo movie alot of fans are going to seriously question the reasoning.

I will seriously be p***ed off if we don't see Panther in Phase 3, I think it is sort of lame that the only new franchise we're getting in Phase II is Guardians. Not because of Guardians itself; but because of the lack of variety.

That scene would make me geekgasm so hard, though I expect we'd see that in an Avengers film rather than a Black Panther movie.

I will seriously be p***ed off if we don't see Panther in Phase 3, I think it is sort of lame that the only new franchise we're getting in Phase II is Guardians. Not because of Guardians itself; but because of the lack of variety.

I'm hoping we get two new franchises in Phase 3 (well, 3 if you count Ant-Man. Still haven't decided if 6 months after A2 is phase 2 or Phase 3.)

I'm thinking Dr. Strange, Black Panther & maybe even Daredevil could all pop-up in Phase III.

I still believe a Black Panther solo movie could come in Phase 2 for two reasons. Before GOTG was announced, Latino Review said that BP would be the second Phase 2 movie to come out in 2014, and if that was true and Marvel just ended up changing to GOTG later on in the process, then that means Marvel had Black Panther ready to be greenlit. Plus there's plenty of time and room left for a 2014 release. The other reason is that Joe Quesada recently said "There is a project I am very much involved in, and I'll give you this hint. I have to go to the West Coast to work on it. There have been rumors about it little things have leaked here and there, but there has been no official announcement." Out of all the potential unannounced movies (BP, Ms. Marvel, Dr. Strange) Black Panther is the only one that's had more than it's share of rumors and leaks and such and it's the one the public is asking for the most. He could be talking about something totally different, but it's what I'm hoping for.

Last edited:
yeah it's still possible. Im hoping for it, but i think if we dont hear anything by the end of the year then it's out of Phase 2 for sure

Yeah he said they can talk about it in the next couple months so we'll know what it is soon enough.

I think Disney is sticking to only 2 marvel studio films per year.

I'm hoping for Captain America 3 and the first Black Panther movie in 2017 before Avengers 3 in 2018.

Quesada never said it was a movie. I assumed he was talking about something else.

And anyway Feige was fairly firm that they're sticking to two movies a year for now.

I sometimes wonder if Marvel is just concerned that making a film that glorifies a dark skinned man who worships a pagan god and refuses to share his natural resources with America will scare away the Romney sect. That sounds like something that would have Neo-cons carrying torches through the woods to Marvel Studios HQ.

I know this is a company that has managed to make an a-political movie about a guy who wears an American flag, but I feel like Marvel is trying to make BP less... divisive in his characterization.

I think Black Panther is too politically charged for Disney's squeeky clean image.

I hope I'm wrong though. The Avengers franchise is incomplete without Black Panther in the mix.

panther deserves his own film without a doubt. I just want Reggie Hudlin & Spike Lee involved..

panther deserves his own film without a doubt. I just want Reggie Hudlin & Spike Lee involved..

Getting those two is the perfect way to polarize Avenger fans and movie goers regarding Black Panther's sensitive political topics.

They would lay down the political and racial ideas way too thick. The backlash would be formidable and relentless. Get a true storyteller who understands the universal appeal of BP's noble nature and motives as well as why he's a smooth, super-intelligent bad ass.

Last edited:

Ant-Man has a script and director ready to go which is why it was greenlighted before Black Panther.

I think KangConquers has a point with the idea Marvel might feel a bit more sensitive with Black Panther than they might with other characters.

Marvel probably feel that they really need to get the depiction of the character and his world right so that it doesn't get turned into some P.C media feeding frenzy which it possibly might anyway regardless of how the film turns out.

Spike Lee's Black Panther:

T'Challa: The Avengers? F*** all y'all honkeys, c'mon Falcon let's get out of here!

Falcon:......... Yeah no

:oldrazz:

I think Marvel could easily avoid any controversial things about Black Panther. Just avoid any religious & political topics; the movie shouldn't be bogged down by that stuff anyway, it should be an origin story for T'Challa.

The only controversy I can see popping up is the character's name. People would probably claim Marvel got it from that group of racist idiots, despite T'Challa coming first.

Spike Lee's Black Panther:

T'Challa: The Avengers? F*** all y'all honkeys, c'mon Falcon let's get out of here!

Falcon:......... Yeah no

:oldrazz:

I think Marvel could easily avoid any controversial things about Black Panther. Just avoid any religious & political topics; the movie shouldn't be bogged down by that stuff anyway, it should be an origin story for T'Challa.

The only controversy I can see popping up is the character's name. People would probably claim Marvel got it from that group of racist idiots, despite T'Challa coming first.

1) No, they shouldn't remove all political content from a Black Panther solo film. The very concept of Wakanda challenges the idea of imperialism.

2) You're terribly uneducated about the Black Panther Party from the 60's and 70's. They weren't doing anything idiotic other than trying to defend their communities from institutional and organized racism in an assertive manner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Panther_Party

Aloha,
I think they should come out with an animated DVD that really takes the time to explain the Mythos of The Black Panther.Marvel's first animated Panther series was Fair at best.
For those BP fans, I invite you over to my web site. I own the complete Black Panther comic collection.
Spidey rules except in Wakanda

They already tried to do the animated route, and nobody even batted an eye at that ****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"