Black Panther The Official News and Speculation Thread - - Part 11

I can see someone people already exploded somewhere out there and the bile will soon flow over to this thread. Deserving or not, watching this is? Gonna be entertainment itself. Ha.

Nice that it got the nod, but it definitely won't get it. Especially not with the stellar A Star Is Born nominated as well.

I think it’s cool it got the Nom as well. I don’t expect it to win Best Picture (even though I really enjoyed this movie), but there are other areas I think it could easily take.

Still, there are years where I watch it and am surprised what wins what, I know an Oscar is basically Hollywood celebrating Hollywood but sometimes when you think you know where they are going to lean, they lean in a different direction. Guess we will see.

Man this movie does really seem to seriously charge emotions.

People either being racist towards the movie or claiming someone is racist because they didn't love the movie.

Some real nastiness going back and fourth.

Remember folks :pcg::ilv::msc:

Basically every Gold Derby expert has BP being nominated for Best Picture. This movie is going places.

Yeah no one is predicting a win for best pic for the globes or Oscars. It’s just going to get nominated and deservingly so.

Think the problem is people consider Dark Knight, Logan or Winter soldier better movies. I don’t disagree but don’t hold it against Black Panther.

Congrats though I don't think it deserved a nomination. I'm still really happy it did because other films normally not able to might get considered.

Congrats to BP and this also opens the door for other comic book films to get nominated in the future.

Im sure I'm going to get hammered for this, but why is Black Panther deserving of an Oscar best picture nomination? Honestly its a generic action movie, the villain is no real threat, it follows the same formula as movies before it and the final fight was a shotty CGI scene?

Getting the nom and having the cast and crew show up at the awards is a victory already. This film has truly resonated globally and I'm glad the committee has recognized that and its quality in film making. Congrats BP! I'm definitely watching the show now. Lol.

Im sure I'm going to get hammered for this, but why is Black Panther deserving of an Oscar best picture nomination? Honestly its a generic action movie, the villain is no real threat, it follows the same formula as movies before it and the final fight was a shotty CGI scene?

You know why you won't get hammered? Because your opinion or seeking out like-minded people who share your opinion on a message board will not have any impact as to what happens with this film regarding a nomination. The train has left the station.

I think it's an excellent movie, a best picture nom? That's not for me to say but the impact it's made in culture is undeniable.

Last edited:

Because it's movie about substance and story rather than action sequences. It's got more subtext than your average superhero movie. But I guess if some only focus on CGI and how many things blow up on screen, maybe the message might get lost on some people.

Because it's movie about substance and story rather than action sequences. It's got more subtext than your average superhero movie. But I guess if some only focus on CGI and how many things blow up on screen, maybe the message might get lost on some people.

Agreed. Black Panther may have some shoddy CGI on occasion, but the script, characters, costumes, acting, etc. are all top notch and those elements are more key to whether I like a movie or not. It is easily one of Marvel's best movies. Is it my favorite? No, but it is also not low on my list of favorites, either.

Congrats to BP. Pretty much the only surprising nom of the morning.

Believe it or not this may turn out not to be just an also run but a dark horse contender. Things I have read so far has it around middling in the top ten contenders but it is still early. Other top contenders like a Star Is Born and Bohemian Rhapsody have their shares of criticism mainly about story telling and structure. Roma seems to be generally liked but strangely isn’t even nominated by GG. And even more strangely First Man the award bait movie doesn’t seem get that much buzz so far.

I’m more surprised about the best picture nom than best director thought more likely the other way around because the word superhero is normally a death sentence to any film to get a best pic nom. Best director seems to have more varieties.

I'm not surprised it got the GG. But I am shocked that Atlanta didn't get 1 for Best Tv Comedy.

I doubt BP gets the Oscar nod, but if it can get a SAG; the odds are higher in its favor.

Yeah no one is predicting a win for best pic for the globes or Oscars. It’s just going to get nominated and deservingly so.

Think the problem is people consider Dark Knight, Logan or Winter soldier better movies. I don’t disagree but don’t hold it against Black Panther.
If only the Academy had nominated DK back in the day. They look pretty outdated now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"