Comics Boycotting Spider-Man

Hmn...i beg to differ....married life offers MORE potential stories than single.

You can do pretty much everything plus more, WITH married life....not to mention, we've already been there, done that, with "single life Pete" since the 70's.

I always wondered why marvel execs. saw the marriage as a burden. When I look at married fictional couples like Cory and Topanga from Boy Meets World, I wonder how hard it is to capture that in a Spider-man story. So far, I think only Defalco's done a good job of capturing that feeling though and writing the marriage. Post clone saga, he gave them a social life, friends, they were both in college, they actually interacted with each other and not the JMS "I love you. Now I'm sad for you. Now I love you even more" crappy interacting. They were actually a couple who had fun with each other and friends. Of course they had their downs and conflicts too.

The marriage itself is a a cul-de-sac of character progression. There is nowhere to take it, and it has essentially stunted the melodramatic aspects of Peter's life.

Pocket thesaurus/dictionary = $9.99

Reading glasses = $99

Opinions spoon-fed by Joey Quesada = Priceless!

You can do pretty much everything plus more, WITH married life....not to mention, we've already been there, done that, with "single life Pete" since the 70's.
And the marriage we do since that. The most readers didn't live in the 70'.
With the marriage Pete is limited to Mary Jane. Except PAD, nobody can write a good female supporting character. I know, I am alone with this but I support the end of marriage. And I am reading Spidey from ever.

Anyone who thinks that a marriage stunts melodrama or limits writing is incapable of independant thought.... in fact is probably just a monkey at a keyboard randomly typing things in... BAD MONKEY!! SHOO!

Hmn...i beg to differ....married life offers MORE potential stories than single.

You can date other girls while married?! :wow:
Pocket thesaurus/dictionary = $9.99

Reading glasses = $99

Opinions spoon-fed by Joey Quesada = Priceless!

What a well-reasoned argument. :whatever:

sure you can... it's called adultery...
It's shocking, it can boost sales, it totally destroys Peter's character... so chances are it could happen... Hopefully the story will have variant covers with Peter seducing a different girl... (Liz, Betty Brant, Debra Whitman, Glory Grant, Jill Stacy, Goblin Baby Sarah, MJ's Cousin Kristy, Jessica Drew, Caryn, Bambi Candi & Randi, Felicia Hardy, Aunt Anna, and
J. Jonah Jameson

Yeah, actually im enjoying it. :yay:

It's been ok... I wish that Mephisto would have said something along the lines of "I WANT YOUR LOVE!!!", because clearly, that's the tie that binds them together... not their marriage. So when he used the word "marriage" in his deal, it really made me groan.

:csad:

The "marriage" word forced in there made me groan more too, how they HAD to use it.

And to be truly twisted...and if Mephisto was truly out for "love" and not "marriage"...he would heal aunt may and then take HER away from Pete, make him never realize THEY were related or something. It'd be more poetic that way...(still kinda dumb for Mephisto's character)...but yeh...

he would've looked a little more diabolical if he wasn't after the marriage...and say, took AUNT MAY from him in a tricky way, for the cost of saving her.

although, i know the point is to get rid of the marriage....so....

I mean, they should've at least written a cool story to rid the world of the marriage in stead of something so....lame....

I could've gotten onboard to something more clever, dramatic, and moving...even tho i'd initially be annoyed with them ending the marriage.

It's really the WAY they are doing it that is so corny.

You know the older you get, the more you realize that dating sucks on a grand scale.

Marriage is awesome, but not when written by pathetic momma's boys who don't understand the concept.

Anyone who thinks that a marriage stunts melodrama or limits writing is incapable of independant thought.... in fact is probably just a monkey at a keyboard randomly typing things in... BAD MONKEY!! SHOO!

It was very mature, indeed. How old are you, six? :whatever:

Marriage is awesome, but not when written by pathetic momma's boys who don't understand the concept.
That's it.

Well... you did quote him almost verbatum and haven't yet displayed a penchant for allowing reason to impact you... so there you are.

I was talking about, one of these threads, weeks back, turned into a big moral debate about where and when a person can read/skim/dissect comic books and whether it was "moral" or not. THAT"S what i meant by again. Didn't take part in it the first time, didn't appreciate you saying i was "stealing" when i read/skimmed/looked over (whatever word i use(d)) for this particular comic. Thought that was kinda a little too strong of an accusation...for someone who doesn't know a thing about me.

I wasn't aware of the other thread:o Sorry if I offended you with the word "stealing" (read below to find out why) it just sounded like you were gloating about it in your thread, if you weren't, I aplogize. :yay:

If a comic shop or anywhere has a rule not to read, and doesn't outright encourage it, then i think everyone should abide by the rules of where they are, imo.

When I was in college, I worked in a Comic book store for a # of years, and one of the #1 rules was to make sure customers didn't stand around and read the books. I was told and do agree that it is, in fact stealing, and would get annoyed at the amount of rude people who had the gall to stand around and try to read a whole comic for free. It's easy to rationalize from the customer POV, but comic shops are having enough trouble staying in business, and reading books for free isn't helping.

Now.... if I haven't gone too far off topic, I just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Well creg look at it this way - 9 outta 10 times they don't wanna buy the ****ing comic anyway, thus why they're reading it in the store.

And you can't really begrudge someone for wanting to flick through the book.

Look at it from the customers POV - comic books are expensive. VERY expensive considering how few pages there are. If a customer can't make up their mind, **** it, let 'em flick through a comic.

Well creg look at it this way - 9 outta 10 times they don't wanna buy the ****ing comic anyway, thus why they're reading it in the store.

And you can't really begrudge someone for wanting to flick through the book.

Look at it from the customers POV - comic books are expensive. VERY expensive considering how few pages there are. If a customer can't make up their mind, **** it, let 'em flick through a comic.

They can "flick" all they want. I said READ THE ENTIRE COMIC.

I've been looking at it from a customer POV for 10 years, and I still feel the same way.:yay:

Spider Greg...yeh, i can see your point of view...i know comic shops can have a hard time with that...we are so rural here tho...i wish we HAD a comic shop. It is hard to find a place that has a "real" selection around here within 2 hours driving time. At least there is a Barnes and Nobles within 2 hours...but they sell more tpb's tho, but that is fine, i love buying those too, since they fit on my bookshelves so nicely, and easy to read that way too. Our grocery store sells "some" comics tho, but not a big choice and often ruffled in their little spinny stand. Ergh. But yeh, I try and respect the rules of the land per say, where-ever it is I am.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Not buying it anyway. Spidey blows.:o

Well... you did quote him almost verbatum and haven't yet displayed a penchant for allowing reason to impact you... so there you are.

You can either start acting mature about this (which you have failed at thus far), or you can...I don't know, go back to ruling Latveria. :whatever:

Anyone who thinks marriage is a cul-de-sac of character progression has never been married

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"