Guardians of the Galaxy Bradley Cooper IS Rocket Raccoon

Scanning a bunch of old pics for my mom and came across Kumas, the pet raccoon she found in the late 70's! I was just a wee lad then but I remember him.

b5jsaBf.jpg

Most likely irrelevant, but thought about Rocket when I watched the raccoon scenes in The Great Outdoors: haven't watched that move in nearly a DECADE. :hrt:

Based on the new photo, it looks like RR's appearance has evolved since the Comic con presentation. More anthropomorphic now. Which kinda makes sense given the equipment the character has to handle.

Based on the new photo, it looks like RR's appearance has evolved since the Comic con presentation. More anthropomorphic now. Which kinda makes sense given the equipment the character has to handle.

I noticed that exact same thing earlier today, I actually prefer how Rocket looks now it just makes more sense.

I liked the Guardians insignia on his uniform.

f3vt.jpg

So is the character's name Rocket or Rocket Raccoon in this movie? On Wikipedia, they've just shortened it to Rocket now for the film entry, as if that's the official name. Is there a basis for this?

I think people will take him more seriously if he just goes by "Rocket", rather than "Rocket Raccoon". Plus I can't imagine the character would appreciate being called "rocket raccoon". That would be like calling Starlord "Starlord Human".

And I'm glad Rocket is more like a real raccoon rather than a cartoon raccoon. That was a great move by Gunn. The concept art Rocket would have went over like a lead balloon.

EDIT: Wait, apparently that's not Coopers voice.

Well I hope it's close to that because that was pretty awesome.

It sounds like Jack Nicholson!

So is the character's name Rocket or Rocket Raccoon in this movie? On Wikipedia, they've just shortened it to Rocket now for the film entry, as if that's the official name. Is there a basis for this?

In the comics, while he's officially called Rocket Raccoon, all his teammates just refer to him as "Rocket."

Does anyone remember the rap sheet style screenshots that were leaked for Drax and Star-Lord?

I'm guessing they'll refer to him as Rocket Racoon in one of those and that will be it.

But I like Rocket Raccoon better than just Rocket. It sounds funnier.

How is he marketed for all the merchandising and toys?

After this movie fans will be crawling to Bradley Cooper for his nut juice!

Soon Rocket Raccoon will become the most popular rodent in the world.

Splinter might have something to say about that!
Not sure his Rat-Fu would hold up against Rocket's artillery.

Oh and quite positive that rabbits aren't rodents.

Edit: Yeah, wiki'd it and they are from order lagomorpha wereas rodents are order rodentia.

Splinter might have something to say about that!
Not sure his Rat-Fu would hold up against Rocket's artillery.

Oh and quite positive that rabbits aren't rodents.

Edit: Yeah, wiki'd it and they are from order lagomorpha wereas rodents are order rodentia.

Lol I need to brush up on my animal knowledge, I'd be a terrible veterinarian.

I won't hold it against you.
I would have bet that it wasn't a rodent but if my life depended on it the best I'd have come up with for 'order' would be rabbitia.

That said, so far as that Rocket toy that speaks, although we know it isn't Cooper I think it should be fair to assume that the voice actor did his best to capture what he thought Cooper sounded like from what he must have heard from the film and it's not bad, especially when considering that Cooper will own it.

Yeah, I'm actually not upset about the change from him being from a species of intelligent raccoons. Perhaps this will be less absurd to the general audience.

"Cybernetic/genetic experiment" is an accurate description of his canonical origins. On Halfworld, they genetically modified raccoons and other animals (including otters, like Rocket's girlfriend Lyssa, who's referenced in his rapsheet on the trailer) to be wardens/guards of the crazy people on the asylum planet. Gunn is still being very faithful to the comics in that respect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"