Bryan Singer's X-Men 3

fine your right he wouldn't of done it and it's unrealistic.

It's also not inconsistent.

*sigh*

:whatever:

Because an army of mutants heading for alcatraz prancing about in San Fransisco not being noticed is soo real.

Not to mention the fact that there are all these ppl with incredible super powers. :hyper:

It just wouldn't had made sense in the story, which is why Ratner didn't include and why it wasn't there.

Well don't say it like it's a fact because that's how you feel.

I feel it would of been consistent with something already set-up and NO ONE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT, so i don't see the problem.

I mean seriously who's it going to hurt? Except the studio's wallet who we don't care about. :)

It's an unrealistic world to begin with. Jean is a telepath it could of been mind projected to begin with. I mean why else would this entity name herself Phoenix?

I didn't say it as a fact. I basically repeated what Ratner said on the DVD commentary, which is sort of a fact because he was the director of the movie and it was his decision. :)

Sure, we got a few fiery flames at the end of X2, but nothing too dramatic to veer away from that in X3 and do something different.

I never expected a literal firebird to be present in X-Men 3. I did expect an homage or a nod to it more along the lines of what is presented at the end of X2. I don't think Singer would have not included it in some capacity, as he already included it in his last installment. The powers have pretty much been dead-on across the first two films, and I don't see why Singer wouldn't include the Phoenix effect in X-Men 3 in accordance with what he already presented in X2.

In so far as The Last Stand is concerned, I suppose it could make sense that a woman with a repressed personality who, for whatever reason calls itself the Phoenix, would shape her psionic powers in such a way. Afterall, her powers have no limits and she is capable of doing anything she can think of . . . or at least that's what we're told.

Regardless, I think a literal firebird with a beak, claws, wings, etc. would have been a bit much.

Oh well it's a fact that it's Ratners opinion but it's an opinion none the less. :D :p

I just think that if he was going follow what Singer establish like he said then he wouldn't go against the flame. I'm more willing the buy that the Studio ran out of time.

Oh and while it wasn't too dramatic it was very noticeable VERY. :D

I found a short paragraph on the internet about what Singer's X3 was going to be about. But I doubt it's true because it claims that Singer had plans on casting an actor for Gambit, and to my knowlege Singer didn't even have a chance to go into pre production before he went on to do Superman Returns. It's an interesting read and sounds like it would of been a good movie it this was true.

“When Bryan Singer was still set to direct, he intended the Dark Phoenix storyline as the sole focus of the film. He also intended to feature the villain Emma Frost/White Queen as a major character. With Singer's departure, the character of Emma Frost was dropped, and the Dark Phoenix story was relegated to a subplot in favor of the "cure" storyline. He also planned on introducing long time fan favorite Gambit into the film, to serve as both the new recruit as well as a romantic rival of Iceman's for Rogue's affection. For the part, Singer had planned on casting Channing Tatum. However, once he left, the script was changed, and Gambit was reduced to a minor cameo, then ultimately dropped from the script.”

^That description makes me drool.

batman strikes said:
I found a short paragraph on the internet about what Singer's X3 was going to be about. But I doubt it's true because it claims that Singer had plans on casting an actor for Gambit, and to my knowlege Singer didn't even have a chance to go into pre production before he went on to do Superman Returns. It's an interesting read and sounds like it would of been a good movie it this was true.

“When Bryan Singer was still set to direct, he intended the Dark Phoenix storyline as the sole focus of the film. He also intended to feature the villain Emma Frost/White Queen as a major character. With Singer's departure, the character of Emma Frost was dropped, and the Dark Phoenix story was relegated to a subplot in favor of the "cure" storyline. He also planned on introducing long time fan favorite Gambit into the film, to serve as both the new recruit as well as a romantic rival of Iceman's for Rogue's affection. For the part, Singer had planned on casting Channing Tatum. However, once he left, the script was changed, and Gambit was reduced to a minor cameo, then ultimately dropped from the script.”

In my opinion this is living proof that Singer had big plans and would've possibly created an excellent film.

Of course, the X3 supporters will tell you that it would've sucked and that Ratner is God. :whatever: :oldrazz: :yay:

LastSunrise1981 said:
Of course, the X3 supporters will tell you that it would've sucked and that Ratner is God. :whatever: :oldrazz: :yay:

I wanted Bryan Singer to do X3. :O

Where is that info from? That sounds like of the internet rumors complied into one article.

It really does. Especially the Channing thing.

But my god, that would have been a kickass X3, minus, the Romy.

Didn't whats her name Shuler confirm this?

:)

oh and JustAB

do you mean Remy?

No. Romy. Rogue/Gambit.

Though I hate Remy too. I'd still tolerate him in a film, cause I do believe it's wrong he's not been included yet.

tolerate huh? thanks for your patience. :rolleyes:

Oh well to each their own. :) :D

LastSunrise1981 said:
In my opinion this is living proof that Singer had big plans and would've possibly created an excellent film.

Yes, because I've been so vocal about Ratner being a God, and how much Singer sucked...

Get a life dude.

Your obsession with the X3 supporters is getting creepy...

I aint wading through 59 pages of this, but i will say this:

Ratner's X3 was ok. it was average, mediocre, nothing special. Which is the worst thing about it. Its rare I sit through a movie, look at the deleted scenes (all 21 of them), and wish most of them were in, and the alternatives were in place of the ones that were used.(and little fanboy moments like Storm flying everywhere and iceman icing up dont make up for the OKness in the movie, IMO.

It strikes me as kinda Ironic: people think Singer is rubbish at the action sequences, but i didnt see anything in X3 that matched the Nightcrawker opening in X2. Hell, I still think its the single best showcase of an individual character and his powers that we've seen so far, in any of the recent glut of superhero films.

Do i wish we had got a Singer directed X3? absolutley. whilst i didnt like SR (I thought the real hero in that was, ironically, James Marsden's character), Its not cos i dont rate singer, its cos i dont think his worldview and take on it is not suited to superman, which is lighter in nature, than X Men, where his somewhat darker take and worldview is suited.

Hell, not only do i wish we had got a Singer X3, Im pretty sure that Matt Vaughn would have made a better X3 than the one we got.

and Fox are to blame for that.

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
Kind of what he did in X-Men? "Still unwilling to make sacrifice... that's what makes you weak."

That's a sign of disrespect. Yet, in the very same movie:

"I will give you hope, old friend."

"Doesn't it ever wake you in the middle of the night. The feeling that one day they will pass that foolish law and come for you, and your children, and take you all away."

Compassion, disrespect, all in the same movie.

Your problem isn't a problem with the film. It's your inability to comprehend having respect for an enemy. It's your inability to comprehend complexities in human emotions. And it's your inability to comprehend what actually is shown to you on screen, when Magneto does show regret and sorrow for his loss. But... Mystique isn't human now, she's no longer one of them, and she's no longer part of his cause. It's a show of how extreme his bigotry for humanity has become. It's a problem with your own abilities of comprehension, not with the film.

Okay, you're right here. Jean's use of power awoke the Phoenix persona, but against Wolverine, Xavier, and Alcatraz, Phoenix only became hostile when provoked. Cyclops did nothing to provoke her. This was simply a move to get Cyclops out of the way, because he was being written out from the beginning. Whatever the motivations, it was horrible for the story.

That said, it wasn't movie ruining.

There isn't any further explanation because the NEXT SCENE, in which Wolverine and Storm go to Alkali Lake, is supposed to give us the explanation of why they are there, of what happened! That scene was merely to show that something bad happened with Jean and Scott. Xavier needed to send the X-Men to check it out, because he felt a disturbance. The scene where they arrive at Alkali Lake is supposed to give us more info into that. But what exactly happened was meant to be a mystery, until what we see what she does to Xavier, then we realize what it is happened to Cyclops.

Suspense. And building of it. Again, your inability to comprehend that. Not an error of the film.

Jean was lost and confused. She was already lost and confused over what happened to Scott. She was not lost and confused over what happened to Xavier. Phoenix wouldn't go back to the mansion, where she'd be controlled. Magneto offered Jean comfort and support in her time of crisis. He also removed her, in her very vulnerable state, before Wolverine and Storm could get there to confront Magneto and Jean. In her weak and vulnerable state, Jean went.

People do things like that when they are weak and vulnerable.

Again, your inability to comprehend what was on the screen. Not an error of the film.

Magneto was very afraid of her. But, he wanted her and his side, not against him. And he showed that he wanted to allow her to be free. He didn't want to cage her. He encouraged her to be who she was. Hence, he was able to convince her to fight for his cause. He was safe. But he was still very afraid. And that was shown.

Again, your inability to comprehend what's put right there in front of your face. Not an error of the film.

Her motivation? She had no home. In Xavier's home, she'd be caged On her own, she'd be alone. Magneto gave her a home, and encouraged her to be who she was. He didn't want to control her, or keep her on a leash. He didn't want to tame her. He wanted her to be herself, in all of her glory. Because to him, she was the epitome of perfection. In his mind, mutants are superior. And she is the strongest one. She is the "next stage of evolution", mutation at it's highest peak. And he convinced her that the cure was meant for all mutants, a threat to her as well as him. Hence, she was convinced to join his cause.

Again, your inability to see what was explicity stated to you on screen. Not an error of the film.

Because Magneto believed that he could get her to fight for them. He wanted her to stay because he wanted her on his side. Why is this so hard to figure out?

After she threatened him with cure needles, that's even more reason to want her on your side instead of against you.

Your own comprehension deficiencies, not an error of the film.

Magneto is building an underground mutant resistance. He does not control a nation in which he can find and train the best soldiers. He's convincing regular, everyday mutants to join his cause. To take a stand, to form a revolution against the establishment. You don't recruit highly trained soldiers for this kind of thing. This is a movement of the people.

This is your inability to comprehend how revolutions and protests are organized, not an error of the film.

Because she won't be controlled.

She wants to stop the cure because she lusts for power. Not because she cares about other mutants. Therefore, she reacts when directly threatened. Perhaps that deleted scene needed to stay in, that showed her refusing Magneto's orders to stop the military. But it wasn't. But it should be pretty obvious that her intentions are much more selfish and lustful, and that she does not care to protect other people, only her own lust for power.

Not an error of the film, an error in your capability to comprehend the story.

Those guns were never fired at her. They were fired at Magneto's army. Since she was not directly threatened, she does not care.

The needles that were fired at the bridge, Magneto protected them.

Phoenix was unleashed when she had reflex reaction to the cure darts being fired directly towards her from behind. That's when Phoenix was unleashed, and the destruction began.

The earlier cure darts were not fired at her. They were not a direct threat. They did not require a use of Jean's power that would unleash Phoenix.

Not that complicated. The fact that you can't figure these things out show that you are either:

A. Unable to comprehend simple concepts presented to you blatantly

or

B. Have such a personal agenda against this film that you refuse to see what's presented to you blatantly.

Who says she read his mind? Jean was an immortal in comparrison to Wolverine, or any other mutant. He had the audacity to march up to her and try to stop her. She thought he was going to die for them, the X-Men. She toyed with him, because she knew she could kill him at any time; "You would die for them?" It wasn't until he said "No, not for them. For you" that Jean was able to come back. Xavier was dead. Phoenix could no longer be controlled. The only answer was to kill Jean.

Simple concepts. Your own personal inefficiencies, not the film's.

Very ambiguis. But with the final scenes of Rogue and Mystique, and them being shown as "cured", I come to the conclussion that Magneto is too powerful for the cure. Afterall, this film introduced mutant class levels... Magneto was established as a 4. Leech's power level wasn't established, but I do not for a second believe he is as powerful as Magneto.

Leech's DNA simply put cannot permantly supress a mutant as powerful as Magneto. "Weaker" mutants like Mystique and Rogue will remain cured. But a powerful class 4? His powers will come back. Mutants being too powerful for serums was established in X2: "But this little serum won't work on you. You're much too powerful for that" (Stryker to Xavier; mutant mind control serum)

As opposed to the great, absolutley not fake looking, wirework of the Wolverine vs. Lady Deathstrike fight in X2? That sequence had some of the worst wirework ever. I am not a fan of that sequence because of how bad it is. I've seen WWE matches that look more realistic, and less choreographed than that.

And then there wouldn't be much of a movie, would there?

Why, in Terminator 2, was the T-1000 sent back to when John Connor was already born, and Sarah Connor knew about the Terminators? Why not go back again to before John was born, to a point before Sarah would have known about the Terminators, to catch them off guard, and less prepared? Kyle Reese could only suceed against Terminators so many times before eventually John Connor would be destroyed...

But no, the machines went back to a time when Sarah Connor would have been prepared for the Terminators, after an experience with them, and knew better how to fight them. Oh, Terminator 2 is such a ****ty movie because the machines had a horrible plan!

Again, this is your inability to comprehend simple storytelling techniques, not an error of the film.

All your points suck. Try again tomorrow.

Nell,

Give the guy a break, he is just pointing out what he feels is inconsistent or not good...

You are trampling over all his opinions like they do not matter, and that yours are the only ones that do! Quite tantamount to being a self rightious arse, one thinks!!!

Maybe you should try to stop patronising people just because they have different opinions to you?!

I think he makes valid points. I think you do too, but I do not agree with your complete and utter ignorance in thinking that you are the only one that is right!

As mush as I like quoting people, just so I can co-sign on something thats been said, this may be the one time I truly wished I had said it first, cause it's 'F***in' brilliant.

logansoldcigar said:
Edit....
Ratner's X3 was ok. it was average, mediocre, nothing special. Which is the worst thing about it. Its rare I sit through a movie, look at the deleted scenes (all 21 of them), and wish most of them were in, and the alternatives were in place of the ones that were used.(and little fanboy moments like Storm flying everywhere and iceman icing up dont make up for the OKness in the movie, IMO.

It strikes me as kinda Ironic: people think Singer is rubbish at the action sequences, but i didnt see anything in X3 that matched the Nightcrawker opening in X2. Hell, I still think its the single best showcase of an individual character and his powers that we've seen so far, in any of the recent glut of superhero films.

Hell, not only do i wish we had got a Singer X3, Im pretty sure that Matt Vaughn would have made a better X3 than the one we got.

and Fox are to blame for that.

Seriously, brilliant :up:

Angry Sentinel said:
As mush as I like quoting people, just so I can co-sign on something thats been said, this may be the one time I truly wished I had said it first, cause it's 'F***in' brilliant. Seriously, brilliant :up:

I agree. Much though I did like X3 and can find a lot of good things in it, I agree. X1 and X2 had better openings, more edgy, they grabbed you straight away. X3's opening was nice, worked within the movie (as Xavier/Magneto return there later) but was a bit too gentle for me (though I loved how the gentler intro pieces then went into the Danger Room explosion).

This is perhaps Singer's style in providing solo moments for the characters. Storm lashing out at Toad, Deathstrike making mincemeat of Wolverine, Storm's tornado sequence, Magneto's prison break. It's a good way of giving them their moments within what is not an action-oriented movie. It's also more Singer's style because he doesn't often create teamwork battles, whereas X3 is more about multiple fighting and teamwork. However, what Singer did for the intro of SR is as gentle as X3's intro (a character-driven piece) and I didn't like SR's intro at all; it was most unlike Bryan not to provide something stronger than an old widow croaking on her deathbed and Lex hurling his wig at some squawking kid. Oh if we'd had that Krypton sequence - i could almost weep that it's not in the movie...

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
Yes, because I've been so vocal about Ratner being a God, and how much Singer sucked...

Get a life dude.

Your obsession with the X3 supporters is getting creepy...

Your obsession with ME is creepy. I'm really starting to wonder about you.

By the way, just so you know, a friend of mine is making good use of the X3 bootleg on Youtube. :yay:

I cannot believe people are still arguing about this. It's pathetic.

LastSunrise1981 said:
Your obsession with ME is creepy. I'm really starting to wonder about you.

By the way, just so you know, a friend of mine is making good use of the X3 bootleg on Youtube. :yay:

That fact that you are going out of your way to point out something that you know bothers me shows that it's you with the obsession over me, not the other way around.

Dan33977 said:
I cannot believe people are still arguing about this. It's pathetic.

It's a tough pill to swallow reading Singer's vision for this franchise... any Xmen fan can see that.... and the fact that that story will never be adapted to the big screen hurts... I am not the biggest of XMen fans but I can empathize with the people here... now edit your post before you get flamed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"