The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - - Part 19

I think Marvel wants to go younger with Carol Danvers.

Also, no One Shot news?

I love Sandy B. :hrt: I always thought her and Keanu would hook up but I guess they're just palsies.

She'd make a pretty cool Carol. For that matter, she'd make a pretty good Jessica Jones if they could land her for that one. JJ should skew a bit older imo

Also ARRGH friggin September! They really need to get these things out faster.

It's been nothing but disappointment since TWS came out. Hopefully GotG shakes Marvel out of its funk.

Also ARRGH friggin September! They really need to get these things out faster.

This, that's one thing that frustrates me. The long ass wait for the blu ray release. Movie cam out April 4. Blu ray on September 9? 5 months is too long a wait haha. And no one shot? Ugh

This, that's one thing that frustrates me. The long ass wait for the blu ray release. Movie cam out April 4. Blu ray on September 9? 5 months is too long a wait haha. And no one shot? Ugh

Yes, the wait is too long.. Is the movie still in the theatres?

No one shot is disappointing. But it's not coming to Sept 9!?! This is more than 5 months. TDW came in less than 4.

Yes, the movie is still in theaters and will be for months. TDW didn't leave the theaters until CA2 opened - after it was available on Blu-Ray.

I hate the Digital download option. When I pay $20+ I want to own it in hard copy and worse it comes out weeks earlier like they're taunting me. And still with the bogus Disney split Blu Ray and DVD unless one wants to buy the more expensive useless 3D (and get the cover with that mask I just hate). Considering how much Disney charges for their DVDs compared to other studios and how it takes ages for them to go on sale if you miss buying it the first week - well they're lucky I want the movie so darn much.

Last edited:

Nooooooooooooooo! Agent Carter and All Hail the King were wonderful! I was hoping this was going to be an awesome trend. Also disappointed of a lack of a DVD combo pack like with TDW. Disney still does it for upcoming releases except for the Marvel ones I guess...unless only Iron Man films will be the only ones getting the combo pack love. (Including AOU)

Last edited:
The extended wait for the BR (SEPTEMBER, THE HELL MARVEL?!?!) is making me itch to do the early release download from Amazon. Spend $20 extra, but I'd get the movie quicker…

And I'd then get the blu-ray when it comes out in Sept.

Someone, tell me I'm insane for even considering this. Please? Anyone?

Bueller… Bueller…

The shorts were good little things, but now that we are getting more shows and stuff, there is less need for them.

Also, while I enjoyed the shorts they didn't offer a whole hell of a lot IMHO. It best one was Agent Carter because it had an actual story and some action. Remember the first two shorts were pretty tiny and barely anything happened, but they did tell us a little more about Coulson, introduce Sitwell, etc. Like the first and second short easily could've been one complete short.

Like Item 47 was a fun little diversion, but if we had never seen it, wouldn't be so devastating. I would've just wanted more areas of the Marvel Universe in these and we didn't really get that.

When we first heard about shorts we heard like a strange for Doctor Strange or something like that.

Now look at Hail to the King, it kind of renders a lot of significant elements of Iron Man 3 pointless and sort of undercuts the movie. I mean not so much because it's just a short that a lot less people saw, but still. OK, this whole time there was a real Mandarin...so why didn't we just get this Mandarin onscreen? Well because Marvel was too scared on how to pull off that character so they gave comic fans a consolation prize of, "but wait...you see there actually is an ACTUAL Mandarin out there."

Last edited:
Gonna be epic if a Marvel One-Shot played before Guardians of the Galaxy in theaters :D

The extended wait for the BR (SEPTEMBER, THE HELL MARVEL?!?!) is making me itch to do the early release download from Amazon. Spend $20 extra, but I'd get the movie quicker…

Bueller… Bueller…
You're a god damn nut bag :o

Kinda sad no One Shot, but like Vile said, we're getting shows and stuff now, so to help build the MCU, these are less necessary. Totally planning on picking up the movie, it was fantastic! And the most anticipated movie of a dear friend who passed a few days before it released (she had early showing tickets and everything.)

You're a god damn nut bag :o

Kinda sad no One Shot, but like Vile said, we're getting shows and stuff now, so to help build the MCU, these are less necessary. Totally planning on picking up the movie, it was fantastic! And the most anticipated movie of a dear friend who passed a few days before it released (she had early showing tickets and everything.)

:csad:

^^Its why this movie means a lot more to me than any of the ones for my favorite Avenger: Thor.

Til the end of the line.

The price of The 3D Blu ray is high, always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not.

I thought it was obvious that starting with Thor: The Dark World, the MCU films were going to be either on DVD, single disc Blu Ray, or Blu Ray 3D/Blu Ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack. I don't know why so many are shocked.

as for the One Shot, Marvel has a lot going on. They're getting Daredevil under way, filming Age of Ultron, prepping filming on Ant-Man after Wright left (and now McKay is coming in), prepping GotG for release, readying Agent Carter's first 8 episodes, prepping Agents of SHIELD season 2, etc. All this needs done by September. There likely simply just isn't time at this moment for a One Shot. I doubt they're dead, but I can see why they skipped it for now.

Bueller… Bueller…

No, you are a fan!

I thought it was obvious that starting with Thor: The Dark World, the MCU films were going to be either on DVD, single disc Blu Ray, or Blu Ray 3D/Blu Ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack. I don't know why so many are shocked.

as for the One Shot, Marvel has a lot going on. They're getting Daredevil under way, filming Age of Ultron, prepping filming on Ant-Man after Wright left (and now McKay is coming in), prepping GotG for release, readying Agent Carter's first 8 episodes, prepping Agents of SHIELD season 2, etc. All this needs done by September. There likely simply just isn't time at this moment for a One Shot. I doubt they're dead, but I can see why they skipped it for now.

The Item 47 and Agent Carter Oneshots did their job and now we have two new tv series based on them.. maybe they will make a new one if they want some other story to do an audience test with

C'mon man, they didn't do a series based on Item 47. More like they did an Agents of SHIELD show starring Coulson.

I think Feige specifically said that Item 47 helped AoS being approved, and at the time he said he hoped Agent Carter would do the same.

But I think the one shots are more about giving room to shine for supporting characters who wouldn't get it otherwise. So was the case for Coulson, Peggy and Trevor.

There being no more one shots bugs me since I'd hoped that there would be one for the GotG Bluray that fleshed Sharon out a bit before Cap 3.

A Sharon Carter One-Shot would be cool to see. She could be taking revenge on a blacklist of Hydra Agents that Ultron gives her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"