The Winter Soldier Captain America: The Winter Soldier - User Review Thread! - SPOILERS! - Part 2

What I liked:

Lots of action.

A lot of twists I didn't see coming: Sitwell being a traitor, Zola being a computer, and Black Widow's disguise in the end.

More background on Black Widow.

Cap wearing the Super Soldier outfit and his his World War II outfit as well.

The mid-credits scene with Magneto's children. Holy sh**!

What I didn't like:

They didn't use Cap's deleted scene from The Avengers and if I hadn't seen that, I wouldn't have known how he found Peggy so easily.

I'm a huge George St. Pierre fan. He should've gotten more screentime.

No pet falcon for Wilson.

I'm disappointed The Red Skull didn't come back in present time. It was weird that he wasn't actually there.

Bucky's arm. How did it get chopped off? And what was his new arm made out of? They didn't bother to explain it.

Nick Fury. They should've actually killed him off to raise the stakes. I hate it when they pulled the fake death cliche. I knew he wasn't dead because I just saw that sh** in The Wolverine!

Other observations:

I'm not sure if they did intentionally as a subtle homage or if pure coincidence, but I chuckled when:

Cap and Bucky were facing off on the walkway. Reminded me of Batman Vs. Bane.

After Cap got shot and fell into the water with the piano music, I was thinking of Skyfall. :funny:

Also I don't know how Avengers 2 is going to play out now after these past Marvel sequels. I mean:

- Tony Stark is no longer Iron Man and destroyed his suits.

-Thor is stuck on Earth after being tricked by Loki.

- Shield is destroyed.

WOW!

Dang it I feel like a sheep. But in my defense it was Chris Evans 3rd movie as cap.

Nah, you're fine, man. That was my sarcastic way of correcting Dark Raven, because he tried correcting you but he made the same mistake and said Cap 3. :funny:

What I liked:

Lots of action.

A lot of twists I didn't see coming: Sitwell being a traitor, Zola being a computer, and Black Widow's disguise in the end.

More background on Black Widow.

Cap wearing the Super Soldier outfit and his his World War II outfit as well.

The mid-credits scene with Magneto's children. Holy sh**!

What I didn't like:

They didn't use Cap's deleted scene from The Avengers and if I hadn't seen that, I wouldn't have known how he found Peggy so easily.

I'm a huge George St. Pierre fan. He should've gotten more screentime.

No pet falcon for Wilson.

I'm disappointed The Red Skull didn't come back in present time. It was weird that he wasn't actually there.

Bucky's arm. How did it get chopped off? And what was his new arm made out of? They didn't bother to explain it.

Nick Fury. They should've actually killed him off to raise the stakes. I hate it when they pulled the fake death cliche. I knew he wasn't dead because I just saw that sh** in The Wolverine!

Other observations:

I'm not sure if they did intentionally as a subtle homage or if pure coincidence, but I chuckled when:

After Cap got shot and fell into the water with the piano music, I was thinking of Skyfall. :funny:

Also I don't know how Avengers 2 is going to play out now after these past Marvel sequels. I mean:

- Shield is destroyed.

WOW!

I doubt Thor is stuck on earth. He left Asgard on his own free will and I'm sure Heimdall transports him back and forth through the 9 realms.

Stark is still Iron Man. The Age of Ultron concept art even shows his Hulkbuster suit.

TWS takes place 2 years after TA, so there is no place for that scene in this film. Moreover, he works for SHIELD, they'd obviously be able to find her.

Bucky's arm. How did it get chopped off?

From the flash back of him being recovered, it looks like he lost it in the fall.

Looked more like Cap vs Red Skull from the factory in TFA to me.

The entire point of IM3 was to show the audience, and Tony himself, that he IS Iron Man with or without the suit. He did not retire, he just started over. His very last words - "I AM Iron Man."

Thor is not stuck on Earth, he's free to travel the nine realms to be their protector in person, which is part of the reason he gave for not wanting to be king.

I'll keep it short & sweet. I finally saw TWS this weekend & I loved every second, pretty much perfection in my eyes. Favorite Marvel movie to date.

Oh and for laughs.. Steve/Peggy love > Bruce/Rachel love :oldrazz:

I'm still baffled that people think Stark retired at the end of IM3. It's like they completely missed the point of the entire film and Stark's journey.

I'll keep it short & sweet. I finally saw TWS this weekend & I loved every second, pretty much perfection in my eyes. Favorite Marvel movie to date.

Oh and for laughs.. Steve/Peggy love > Bruce/Rachel love :oldrazz:

When did Bruce Banner ever get with a girl named Rachel? :o

When did Bruce Banner ever get with a girl named Rachel? :o

ht_maggie_batman_080711_ssh.jpg

finally saw it again last night...can't decide if the freeway chase with WS, Cap, BW and Falcon is my favorite or if the opening pirate raid is my favorite...

I saw this yesterday and haven't stopped thinking about it since. I give it an 8.5/10. TWS is my favorite Marvel Studios film and I hope the sequel doesn't disappoint.

Batman Vs. Bane faced off on a walkway. Reminded me of Cap Vs. Red Skull.

I'm still baffled that people think Stark retired at the end of IM3. It's like they completely missed the point of the entire film and Stark's journey.

Considering how many people think that Killian's main motivation was getting revenge against Stark for humiliating him a decade ago, I question how much they were paying attention to the film.

Considering how many people think that Killian's main motivation was getting revenge against Stark for humiliating him a decade ago, I question how much they were paying attention to the film.

Pretty much. That or they were watching an entirely different movie.

Maybe they were too distracted by images they'd created in their mind of "Marvel's TDK! A serious, respectable, grounded villain! Darkness! Humorlessness! Maybe even the death of Pepper, so Tony can finally become the swinging single I wish I were again!"

Nah, you're fine, man. That was my sarcastic way of correcting Dark Raven, because he tried correcting you but he made the same mistake and said Cap 3. :funny:

Yeah I quoted his cap 3 comment and didn't catch it, so that's what inspired my confusion. Ironic that he tried to correct me. :oldrazz:

I'm seeing a pattern here. Catwalks are clearly a corrupting force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"